2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 18 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...-round-19-port?camefrom=EMCL_1202185_46171050

In: T.Corcoran, J.Schulz, J.Neade, D.Houston, R.Young, K.Mitchell
Out: N.Krakouer, J.Polec, J.Butcher, A.Biemans (Calf)

SANFL Squad Sunday 31 July, 1.40pm
R19Magpiesteam.jpg

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hell, that's a pretty strong line-up.

Big bastard of a game. Win and it creates a logjam for 4th & 5th between us, them, the Doggies and even Glenelg. Lose and, well, I'm not even contemplating that.

Expecting to see heaps of run, sexy footy and a Maggies win...

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
South beating Centrals and the Eagles beating Adelaide last week were both the right results for us. Unlikely that we'd be in the five after Saturday and with the way percentage is calculated in the SANFL it's a bit more difficult to say what would suit us best.
I've worked out that if we win 100-50 and Centrals lose 50-100 then we'll be in the five by .08%.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Is it wrong to be looking forward to a reserves game more than the league game?
I wouldn't say so. I often looked forward to the reserves games more than the league games. Although that was back pre-1997 and most times it was because we were raging favourites to win the league game but not necessarily the reserves game. And it was interesting to see who was putting their hand up as everyone had a chance for the senior team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. He was sick last week. He's not playing for personal reasons this week. Get with the program Foot!

Hamstring injury at training next week? :p

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Gonna head down to this I reckon.
Haven't been to Alberton for a game this year and having Schulz play is an added bonus. Hoping the man kicks a bag.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
On paper that team looks good and should be a good shot for the W, but the inside mid area looks a little sparse and could be our big concern. Theyre heavy on inside mids and we're extremely light on. If we can break even in that battle we will win easily.

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wouldn't say so. I often looked forward to the reserves games more than the league games. Although that was back pre-1997 and most times it was because we were raging favourites to win the league game but not necessarily the reserves game. And it was interesting to see who was putting their hand up as everyone had a chance for the senior team.
I enjoyed our win in the 1980 reserves GF more than our win in the league GF that year.

I enjoyed our win in the 1980 reserves GF more than our win in the league GF that year.

V Glenelg when Grave Danger went nuts? (Footy not violence)

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
V Glenelg when Grave Danger went nuts? (Footy not violence)
It was the game where we were 44 points down at 3/4 time and came back to win it.

Granger did play in that game as I can remember him taunting his Glenelg opponents towards the end when it had become obvious they'd blown it.

I'll have to go back and check the budget but from memory there were quite a few big names in that game. Glenelg would have had Kernahan and McDermott, while we would have had Bradley.

The league GF against Norwood felt a bit flat by comparison. We were dominant all year and were expected to win easily yet struggled to put Norwood away and losing Tim Evans at half time didn't help either. When we eventually won it late in the last quarter my overwhelming feeling was one of relief, rather than celebration, as it would have been a disaster not to have won after the year we'd had.

It was the game where we were 44 points down at 3/4 time and came back to win it.

Granger did play in that game as I can remember him taunting his Glenelg opponents towards the end when it had become obvious they'd blown it.

I'll have to go back and check the budget but from memory there were quite a few big names in that game. Glenelg would have had Kernahan and McDermott, while we would have had Bradley.

The league GF against Norwood felt a bit flat by comparison. We were dominant all year and were expected to win easily yet struggled to put Norwood away and losing Tim Evans at half time didn't help either. When we eventually won it late in the last quarter my overwhelming feeling was one of relief, rather than celebration, as it would have been a disaster not to have won after the year we'd had.

yea - my mate who is a port supporter umpired that reserves game ... he claims no bias ...lol

Last edited:

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
No. He was sick last week. He's not playing for personal reasons this week. Get with the program Foot!

This post just highlights how confused we all are with the selection process in 2015/2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back