2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 11 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

missing Mead in a massive way.

Burgoyne J looking great

Honestly looking through this squad to me he's one of only maybe 3 players that screams out as having an AFL future.

A brutal review of this team:

Jase - yes, will play a lot of AFL.
Bergman - gotta give him leniency given his issues
Hayes - isn't progressing as he should've this year. Should have a decent AFL career but question marks are rising.
Schofield - unlikely to play more than a handful of games.
Lord - Jury's out, doesn't get involved enough other than a pack mark once or twice a game.
Williams - He's done

Motlop, Mayes, Skinner, McEntee delist

Visentini & Jackson - Too early to know
Lord’s effort until today has been consistent. He’s done nothing of note in this game which is surprising because he was a beast against Norwood earlier in the year.

Schofield is such a neat footballer. Needs to develop a defensive side to his game though. If he could tackle and chase more aggressively there might be some hope for him.

Agree that Hayes isn’t dominating as much as he should.

Williams and McEntee are lost causes

Not sure what to say about Bergman. He must have long FLUVID. He’s treading water for the rest of this year. So far from AFL standard at the moment, it’s not worth even listing him in the Emergencies.

There has to be questions asked when Moore is a first choice centre square midfielder.

We draft too many flankers and not enough players who can influence a game from the centre.

Starting Motlop in the centre should have sent alarm bells ringing.

This looks a handy team as listed but every week fails to perform. There has to be questions asked of the coach and the list managers.

Are the players out there to play football or try to remember all of the gameplan requirements stuffed into their heads.

I swear, two AFL players there - Bergman and Motlop - had no ability to evade the tackle and then stand firm in the tackle. An absolute indictment on both players’ toughness and mindset.

And Norwood of course have kicked 10.1 in trying conditions.

It's a recurrent theme of our matches against them echoing through history.

There has to be questions asked when Moore is a first choice centre square midfielder.

We draft too many flankers and not enough players who can influence a game from the centre.

Starting Motlop in the centre should have sent alarm bells ringing.

This looks a handy team as listed but every week fails to perform. There has to be questions asked of the coach and the list managers.

Are the players out there to play football or try to remember all of the gameplan requirements stuffed into their heads.
So much this. Our best year came when we had Atley and Drew in the SANFL midfield. Since their draft, we’ve targeted one ( usually under-sized) flanker after another.

I’m also flummoxed as to why Bergman is never tried in the middle. It’s as though they’re happy for him to seagull his way through what is shaping up as an underachieving career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman getting more embarrassing by the contest now.

I reckon he’s still not 100% fit yet. Seen this happen to soccer players after getting really sick. He may not be any good until next season.

I will be very happy to be proven wrong if I'm being too harsh on the bloke, but I have seen absolutely nada in a number of games now to suggest Bergman will ever be AFL quality.
He did some things last year. The shoulder issues and illness make it super hard to judge this year. He looks like he’s playing with chronic fatigue. No energy, intensity, pace or strength in his game. He was supposed to be a powerful athlete with a beautiful kick. Glimpses last year. Nothing this year.

Nice finish Wilson x 2!

monica-friends.gif

Suddenly. We've had a bit of control without converting, then bang we got some reward! Still in it, but Norwood still would feel in control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back