Game Day Port v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should rightfully smash them off the park, just as we should with every other team. Two extra days break. Rip off their heads and sh*t down their necks.

Now this I can get behind.

Im excited about this game... big opportunity awaits here.

Having the most anti port umpire in the game on the field while we play against the biggest ducking, acting showponies in the afl is seriously worrying though. Expecting the duckwood dangerflog combo alone to pick up 10 undeserved frees. Could well be infuriating to watch.
I'm just wondering which "never seen before / never to be seen again" interpretation will be utilised in Geelong's favour tonight. Maybe Charlie will be penalised for frowning at an opponent.

We only beat Geelong last year cause they came off the bye round, other than that we've only beaten them once in the last 12 years. Realistically the Cats are running hot and have won there last 3 games and will be hunting us.

But again a test, if we win this we're the real deal, if not we're still in a very good place.

I'm predicting the Cats will get up.
But but we were apparently contenders last year, don’t you know?

Regardless of the incorrect play on call Sellwood was in the protected zone before the umpire called play on.

That’s fine though. I’m pretty sure the protected zone is the perfect place for the afls most protected player.

I've said I'd be happy to get out of this trio of Dogs/Rich/Geel 2-1. We've done that, but 3-0 would have me seriously starting to believe again.

With all the praise and hype we've received during the week though, I expect us to crumble mentally as per usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last 5 years of scarring makes me see huge potential for a patented Port flop here.
It's Friday night, we're being talked up all over the place, we've had a longer break...
I still don't have confidence in our ability to play at high intensity week after week. Even in most of our recent wins we've been ordinary for large chunks of the games. I can imagine our midfield being off the boil which will lead to our other deficiencies being exposed - slow, undersized backline and lack of efficient system going forward. Geelong is exactly the kind of steady, professional side that exploits our weaknesses.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think we have a far far stronger midfield than Geelong, not to mention we are going to kill them in ruck

Very very confidant

We only beat Geelong last year cause they came off the bye round, other than that we've only beaten them once in the last 12 years. Realistically the Cats are running hot and have won there last 3 games and will be hunting us.
I really hate what happened and what we allowed to happen in 2007. Fancy thinking you can just move on. Yes we can acknowledge we came second and we also can acknowledge we took an almighty pounding that has affected us to this day. We can take another step in correcting it tonight and then the rest of this season.

Like who was missing for Richmond last week, this will be the asterisk to the punters if we win.
We could win the grand final by a record margin, and the so called experts on Fox Footy would claim that we should have won by more.

If we bring some campaigner we'll harass and bully them around the contest, first time in a while.
Play Port Adeladie footy, make 'em earn every touch of the sherrin.

Pardon the intrusion but I have to ask, why do Port hate Geelong so much?
Do we?

I hate every club a lot. I hate the Crows the most. Then all the Victorian clubs. Then the other teams. I also hate the AFL and their Vic bias. I hate the media and their Vic bias. I hate the Umpires. I hate losing.

I like the mentality - It’s us against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back