Review Positives and Negatives v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives
The supporters and members having to put up with the worst eagles team in our history .. I salute you all eagles fans they have tried harder and shown more than the players this year

Williams okay darling alright culley s tackles

Negatives
Just too many to list I have never been so disappointed and disillusioned with this team ever since supposing them back in 87 when we started. I really cannot see anyway forward atm

Positives only:
  • it’s over
  • didn’t win the spoon (I guess?!) don’t know if I could put up with six months of purple nuffies reminding me that we won three spoons constantly, day after day.
  • might be able to avoid a trip to geelong next year, but then again…these are the same arseholes that have sent us to Brisbane 14 times in the last 15 years.

That’s all I got, wouldn’t mind f**king September off and getting right to the important stuff in October & November.

- Kelly and shuey as our 2 main ball winning mids were putrid . Neither actually chase their opponents

+ culley 10 tackles

- rotham forward tag .

+ cripps goal kicking

- O'Neill getting relegated to a flank when he had been reasonable on ball

+ duggan actually hit some targets today

- langon is just a horrible footballer

+ Williams actually looked like a reasonable footballer who took some great marks .

- Simpson probably thinks we can play the senior players next year and rebound up the ladder Collingwood style.

+ pick 2 and 20 should get us reasonable young players . Don't * it up pie man

Im not sure where the improvement will come from.

Shuey, hurn, redden, cripps another year older.

Would we even be capable of getting yeo, sheed and allen back on the park in any decent capacity..

None of our youngsters out there look capable of being A graders, solid B graders at best.

Liam ryan is just icing, we have no cake.

Jones is a turnover merchant.

Williams playing a solid game. If he can then that type of performance in weekly then we will have a player!

Kelly played well, so did Darling, JJ and Edwards.

The biggest negative was the Geelong cheer squad actually chanting "Stengle, Stengle, Stengle, Goal, Goal, Goal" (to the tune of oggie oggie oggie)

Good to see the lads chairing Cripps off for his 200th. Shows that even though it has been a terrible year, they still value those things...

JJ provided heaps of run off half back in the first half...

Ummm.... Liam Ryan nearly took some good marks...

Ummm... Junior is back in town...

I am looking forward to Nizzy's next email to members summing up the season...

+
Rhett Bazzo........15 disposals and 9 marks. Starting to really come on towards the end of the year.

Bailey Williams.........was probably best on ground for us today. 25 possies with 17 of them contested.

Jai Culley.......was very rusty after missing a few weeks but still laid a game high 10 tackles. Can't wait to see this kid next year after a pre season.

Old man Hurn....... As solid in defense as he was at 25. He deserves another year.

Tackle count. The intent was there.

-
Out run and outspread by old man river on the most narrow ground in the comp. Fitness issue, clear as day. Hopefully we can sort that out for next year. I don't care if we are not the most skillful but god damn it, i expect us to be one of the fittest.

Finished year with two wins.

All in all we played the top side who have only lost 4 times all year, at their fortress, a ground we universally suck on with no J.K, Allen, Waterman, Chesser, Petruccelle, Yeo, Gaff, Sheed, Luke Edwards, Naitanui, Hough, McGovern & Cole to choose from.

We played 8 players with under 30 games of AFL experience.

To be fair we should have been smacked by far more.

Bring on the AFL Draft and pre season. Thanks for the memories 2022. Time for you to * off.

- Kelly and shuey as our 2 main ball winning mids were putrid . Neither actually chase their opponents

+ culley 10 tackles

- rotham forward tag .

+ cripps goal kicking

- O'Neill getting relegated to a flank when he had been reasonable on ball

+ duggan actually hit some targets today

- langon is just a horrible footballer

+ Williams actually looked like a reasonable footballer who took some great marks .

- Simpson probably thinks we can play the senior players next year and rebound up the ladder Collingwood style.

+ pick 2 and 20 should get us reasonable young players . Don't * it up pie man
O’Neil had 15 of a possible 27 CBA’s, Culley a further 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure where the improvement will come from.

Shuey, hurn, redden, cripps another year older.

Would we even be capable of getting yeo, sheed and allen back on the park in any decent capacity..

None of our youngsters out there look capable of being A graders, solid B graders at best.

Liam ryan is just icing, we have no cake.

Jones is a turnover merchant.
Yup there is no young jets like a Judd cousins Kerr to look forward to

I have never seen a worst list in our history

People talk about winning flags this team isn’t even competitive to win games

The senior team is terrible and the b team just as bad

The club has great supporters that’s a positive but think the club just takes that for granted

The club has great supporters that’s a positive but think the club just takes that for granted
pms, like you I guess?

To be fair you take out 7-8 best 18 players and replace them with spuds any team is going to look poor.

I agree that our depth of the list is bad but the actual best 22 is definitely not the worst in our history.

An underwhelming end to the worst season in the club's history.

Can anybody tell me what the game plan is yet?

104 uncontested marks.​
-1321 metres gained.​

Still pissing around with possession, taking forever to get forward and providing the opposing defence with ample opportunity to setup effectively.

-11 clearances​
-26 contested possessions​

Still doing nothing to address the issues around stoppage and particular post-stoppage that have existed for several years now.

+7.9km total distance covered​
-54 sprint efforts​

Still running around without purpose, zoning grass whilst opposition players run at pace from behind the ball unopposed to receive possession within the corridor.

The whole year has been one of distraction and deflection, but the reality is very little has changed from the second half of 2021.

The club has gone 4-27 since the bye last year.

Pencil the Eagles in for bottom in 2023.

An underwhelming end to the worst season in the club's history.

Can anybody tell me what the game plan is yet?

104 uncontested marks.​
-1321 metres gained.​

Still pissing around with possession, taking forever to get forward and providing the opposing defence with ample opportunity to setup effectively.

-11 clearances​
-26 contested possessions​

Still doing nothing to address the issues around stoppage and particular post-stoppage that have existed for several years now.

+7.9km total distance covered​
-54 sprint efforts​

Still running around without purpose, zoning grass whilst opposition players run at pace from behind the ball unopposed to receive possession within the corridor.

The whole year has been one of distraction and deflection, but the reality is very little has changed from the second half of 2021.

The club has gone 4-27 since the bye last year.

Pencil the Eagles in for bottom in 2023.
Will be mid table at worst. Those in here saying they can’t see an improvement are either very pessimistic or are underestimating just how s**t our bottom 10 out there today are.

Once you replace them with c-b grade afl players it’ll look far far better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back