Positives and Negatives vs Charli...Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m happy to give him a run at it ; if ; he can get fit and get some continuity into his football. I have no idea how many games he has played but I’d hazard a guess it’s under 50. Most KPDs take a while. Whenever I get pissed at some players I think back to Glass. If I’d had my way his head would have been mounted above my mantelpiece in the early days.
Experience and time in the system are necessary and of course it helps if you have some talent. Hedwards I believe has! My biggest down on him is his lack of aggression and poor body language aka Rotham!
Keep in mind that lack of success doesn’t exactly help speed up development!

H Edwards is way too slow for a key back. Would be left in the wake of forwards these days.

Don't rate Chesser's kicking at all, has a lot of Brad Ebert about it. Hopefully that improves with consistent match play which he has lacked for the last 4(?) years
Ebo was always a beautiful kick on goal though, hope Chesser also has that in him.

Ebo was always a beautiful kick on goal though, hope Chesser also has that in him.
Not showing it atm.

Has not yet kicked one goal, and looks like a bit of a nervous and poor shot for goal like Duggan.

Would have only had one or two set shots, seems like more of a defensive midfielder/half back.

Maybe it’s there as he grows more composed and confident.

Chesser's debut year and has only kicked it 56 times, usually under pressure with limited targets given the state of our midfield.

Delist immediately.

A pretty horrendous game but perhaps one of the biggest positives of our season occurred in the second half with our coaching staff recognising that Dom Sheed is CBA kryptonite.

You eliminate the player who is routinely sagging off his direct opponent every time the ball doesn't spill to Sheed sitting 5m off the contest offering no defence against the opposition overlap runner and you immediately become more competitive as a side. A big step forward in the right direction for us.

For me Dom is on the same pile as Rotham at the end of the year, find a trade or accept a payout.

I didn't want to raise Gaff today as I thought he was quite good but I'd 100% rather have Gaff in my side busting his arse even if his body makes it so he can't impact some contests vs Sheed who simply won't impact contests if the ball doesn't find him.

With a young group coming through we cannot have players with this type of attitude being among the first picked each week on the list.
100% this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt any other club will want Maric TBH. He's an honest tryer but nothing amazing. He's a perfect fit at WCE.

I know he's done it a million times but Darling got his hands to the footy so much today but just couldn't pluck a mark.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maric is one of the positives, hopeful signs, green shoots in a horrible year imo.

If he is able to put on 10kg he could even become a mobile kpf.

Doing well for a guy who has been thrown straight into the deep end without any preparation.

Maric is one of the positives, hopeful signs, green shoots in a horrible year imo.

If he is able to put on 10kg he could even become a mobile kpf.

Doing well for a guy who has been thrown straight into the deep end without any preparation.
I wouldn't want him to put on 10kg.

Would prefer he stays lithe for the Fritsch role.

One thing that annoyed me was when SPS kicked a great goal off his left in the last qtr they immediately played a replay of his sling tackle and said he'll get weeks

Hardly spoke about the goal or effort just straight to the first negative they could find.

I find the broadcasters do this a lot.

Yes he's been good. Never said he's a spud.

I'm just saying he doesn't have any Amazing traits that set him apart.

He's doing well though and I hope he makes it.

Good kick, good lateral mobility and ball handling for a tall guy, good football brain

I see a fair bit in him

H Edwards is way too slow for a key back. Would be left in the wake of forwards these days.
Tomahawk,Lynch,Kings are not that fast. Looking into the well especially next 3-4 years he seems to be the only bloke we have that fits the demographic.
Put it this way; he’s got the front running if he’s prepared to put his hand up.

That's the concern for me, although having not seen anything much live I don't know whether he's one of those on the cusp, athletically, who just isn't seeing the play quite fast enough and is getting caught on the hop.

The ball comes inside 50 so fast, so regularly and under so little pressure it must be bloody hard to find a rhythm.

I doubt any other club will want Maric TBH. He's an honest tryer but nothing amazing. He's a perfect fit at WCE.

I know he's done it a million times but Darling got his hands to the footy so much today but just couldn't pluck a mark.

Maric has shown he’s got footy smarts. You can’t buy them. (If you can will someone please tell Petro - it shows even years of perseverance doesn’t guarantee you acquire them.) Long has them. Hewett has them. Chesser probably. Culley TBC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back