Positives and Negatives vs Charli...Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really happy with Chesser yesterday, love how he tries to break out of congestion and when his body hardens and he manages to pull it off it'll be something to see. Like Maric, there's heaps to work with there.
Agree, they all come on at different stages, and have had little to no time to adapt.
Hewey starting to show some things now.
Ginbey was quite exceptional at how he adapted to plug n' play...

He was never tough as nails, he’s always been a slow, one way footballer who was a man earlier than his peers.

Carried by better players in a strong side, shown up as the outside stat padder that he has always been when push has come to shove.

He’s no good.
Disagree, i remember a lot of courageous acts on his behalf when he first came through.

Is it just me, or is there something about Maric, very cool, not much emo when kicking goals etc.
Not a show pony, or not as invested in the club perhaps?
Anyway looks like a smart player..
I like him, has a very nice kick on him. I watched him warm up before that first WAFL game he played in and out of about 15 shots on goal he only missed one, which was his first kick.

Is it just me, or is there something about Maric, very cool, not much emo when kicking goals etc.
Perhaps it might have been that he kicked his goal when we were like 60 points down?

I think he is just super competitive and hates ******* losing. He looks angry out there. I really like that about him.

He looks quite tall too Maric, there was a passage yesterday where he was near darling and he looked significantly taller to me. Would be great if he could push up to 195+

You mistake my contrarianism for misunderstanding.

An example of missing the point would be if a hypothetical poster posted something that was clearly said in jest, such as "Those fantasy prices though...." and somehow another poster deviates very quickly to calling said poster a "dumb ******* who simply cannot read" and "Too quick to look like big dick on campus".

I didn't make this personal. I don't accept that AFL fantasy provides any intrinsic indication that we can apply to Chesser (it has long been an extremely flawed system to determine anything but disposal accumulation). I don't need you to agree with me. But there's no need to respond the way you've decided to respond. I'm not the enemy here.
He's shown himself to be a tool numerous times. Don't waste your time defending your views, even if you clarify them he'll insist his interpretation of your comment is in fact the correct one.

Chesser a version of Wines??

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And pace, seems a ‘little’ on the slow side both from a reaction time and leg speed perspective.

Just think if TB goes - HEdwards is our plug n play fullback.

Just let that sink in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m happy to give him a run at it ; if ; he can get fit and get some continuity into his football. I have no idea how many games he has played but I’d hazard a guess it’s under 50. Most KPDs take a while. Whenever I get pissed at some players I think back to Glass. If I’d had my way his head would have been mounted above my mantelpiece in the early days.
Experience and time in the system are necessary and of course it helps if you have some talent. Hedwards I believe has! My biggest down on him is his lack of aggression and poor body language aka Rotham!
Keep in mind that lack of success doesn’t exactly help speed up development!

Thought Bailey Williams tried all game. Worked his arse off this season, consistency is starting to come. I can’t wait to watch him in a couple of years.

SPS did some nice things, I ******* clapped hard when he laid that tackle as it showed some aggressive intent. Free kick! This game is cooked.

Hough, Long, Hewett, Chester, Allen. The building blocks.

Last home game for me next week cause I am going on holiday to Italy. Please send me off with a win boys 🙏
I’ve only just watched the recorded game. I have to say that first quarter was the worst umpiring ive seen in years but the team was also responsible for dreadful play, mainly by the senior players. Gaff, Shuey and Duggan (I think it was?) who all dropped sitter marks of course the missed tackles by the usual suspects.

I doubt any other club will want Maric TBH. He's an honest tryer but nothing amazing. He's a perfect fit at WCE.

I know he's done it a million times but Darling got his hands to the footy so much today but just couldn't pluck a mark.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who called Maric a spud?????

I need to meme that campaigner.

Classiest young player we've got on our list at the moment IMO.

Paraphrased

Going forward our most important player ( potentially) is Hedwards
Maybe not our most important player but we do need to fairly quickly identify a KPD to replace the part-timer Gov and/or the possibly-traded TB - which may/not be HEd.
I’d love if it was HEdwards but I’m less convinced the more I see of him. (And imagine how many games he could have played this season with Gov/TB missing.)
But if it ain’t HEd who’s it gonna be?

Is the coach responsible for anything?
Not nearly as much as people believe. He is like the PM or the President, while the buck stops at his desk, he isnt directly responsible for as much as people think.

The main trick in being a great coach is going to the right club, with the right list, and then soaking up the glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back