Positives and Negatives vs Charli...Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha the mods on here are total kents, surely everyone knows that by now.

Biggie is no different.

I feel like the last mod we had who actually acted like a mod with a straight bat was Swannies.
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Swannies was pretty hands off though tbf.

Aren't you supposed to be a moderator?
Honestly that's a pretty poor comment if you are.
A poor post by a lesser Mod would be calling you a dumb ******* who simply cannot read what has been posted. Too quick to look like big dick on campus, and in doing so, missed the point by a fair margin.

But thankfully, due to my esteemed Mod status, I didnt say that.

Haha the mods on here are total kents, surely everyone knows that by now.

Biggie is no different.

I feel like the last mod we had who actually acted like a mod with a straight bat was Swannies.
Miss that guy. Was a good mod and a fair poster. Not like the current managment.

False.

The Beagles could use his run and carry in the engine room.
In fairness, I think the point about Johnson is still valid, but we have what we have.
TBH I didn't want Ginbey at our selection last year but I will support him despite this.
Chesser is absolutely a work-in-progress that may not pay off, however, his last four games have yielded 13 disposals, 14 disposals, 11 disposals and 19 disposals. So there is marked improvement from what we saw earlier. Plus Chesser has demonstrated he has decent maneuverability in traffic, if nothing else. There is something to work with there. And I wouldn't say I feel the same when talking about O'Neill, Clark, Trew or even Edwards.

A poor post by a lesser Mod would be calling you a dumb ******* who simply cannot read what has been posted. Too quick to look like big dick on campus, and in doing so, missed the point by a fair margin.

But thankfully, due to my esteemed Mod status, I didnt say that.
You mistake my contrarianism for misunderstanding.

An example of missing the point would be if a hypothetical poster posted something that was clearly said in jest, such as "Those fantasy prices though...." and somehow another poster deviates very quickly to calling said poster a "dumb ******* who simply cannot read" and "Too quick to look like big dick on campus".

I didn't make this personal. I don't accept that AFL fantasy provides any intrinsic indication that we can apply to Chesser (it has long been an extremely flawed system to determine anything but disposal accumulation). I don't need you to agree with me. But there's no need to respond the way you've decided to respond. I'm not the enemy here.

You mistake my contrarianism for misunderstanding.

An example of missing the point would be if a hypothetical poster posted something that was clearly said in jest, such as "Those fantasy prices though...." and somehow another poster deviates very quickly to calling said poster a "dumb ******* who simply cannot read" and "Too quick to look like big dick on campus".

I didn't make this personal. I don't accept that AFL fantasy provides any intrinsic indication that we can apply to Chesser (it has long been an extremely flawed system to determine anything but disposal accumulation). I don't need you to agree with me. But there's no need to respond the way you've decided to respond. I'm not the enemy here.

He’s a moderator that openly hates the club. And what a surprise, the same people who have actively been potshotting Chesser are still at it. Will be good to see him (Chesser) along with our other young players after hopefully another full preseason 👍

How does Sheed go from a tough as nails country boy to an absolute fairy who can't lay a tackle or run?

If the coach is honest he has to drop him, L.Edwards, Trew and Clark all deserve a game over him.

He was never tough as nails, he’s always been a slow, one way footballer who was a man earlier than his peers.

Carried by better players in a strong side, shown up as the outside stat padder that he has always been when push has come to shove.

He’s no good.

He’s a moderator that openly hates the club.
I’m not sure this is true.

In fact I know it isn’t.

Deeply annoyed at the club yes. Embarrassed yes. But hate, no.

Keep posting s**t like that will see you struggle to post here further.

Though Johnson seems a capable enough footballer he also appears to be an absolute plodder.

In saying that passing judgement on he vs Chesser seems a bit premature though I can understand the angst. I'm fairly confident in saying Chesser's ceiling appears much higher than Johnson's and he's to be slowly building.

He’s a moderator that openly hates the club. And what a surprise, the same people who have actively been potshotting Chesser are still at it. Will be good to see him (Chesser) along with our other young players after hopefully another full preseason 👍
Being critical of the club and the decisions that have lead us to this all time level of shitness does not equal hating the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether you're pro Chesser or not, one thing we can all agree on is that at least he seems to be showing some improvement.

Those sub >10 disposal games he had at the start of the year look to be a bit of a thing of the past as he works himself into the game a bit more now.

Career high in disposals (19), contested posessions (5) and clearances (2) vs the blues.

I'm still not entirely sure what his role is supposed to be. His heat map is purely in the defensive half, but i don't actually think he lines up in defense... which means he's probably got the Marsden/Brander gimp defensive wing role Simpson seems to be so infatuated with.

One AFL quality trait i've noticed he certainly does have is his handballing. Just like he nailed that gem of a left handed weighted handball last week vs Richmond, he did a couple similar ones vs the blues in traffic. Better by hand than 250 gamers Gaff and Darling for sure.

I was really happy with Chesser yesterday, love how he tries to break out of congestion and when his body hardens and he manages to pull it off it'll be something to see. Like Maric, there's heaps to work with there.

Whether you're pro Chesser or not, one thing we can all agree on is that at least he seems to be showing some improvement.

Those sub >10 disposal games he had at the start of the year look to be a bit of a thing of the past as he works himself into the game a bit more now.

Career high in disposals (19), contested posessions (5) and clearances (2) vs the blues.

I'm still not entirely sure what his role is supposed to be. His heat map is purely in the defensive half, but i don't actually think he lines up in defense... which means he's probably got the Marsden/Brander gimp defensive wing role Simpson seems to be so infatuated with.

One AFL quality trait i've noticed he certainly does have is his handballing. Just like he nailed that gem of a left handed weighted handball last week vs Richmond, he did a couple similar ones vs the blues in traffic. Better by hand than 250 gamers Gaff and Darling for sure.
Chesser is developing steadily, from a low base we are aware of. A pleasing aspect is that he is quietly starting to show some physicality and toughness.

Chesser’s kicking has stood out too on a few occasions in the past two weeks. Hit a great low dart coming out of our half back line last week against the Tuggers and also hit some nice short 45 kicks yesterday.

Hopefully he cracks 25 disposals next week, kicks his first snag and gets a RS nomination next week against the tin rattlers.

The only plug in defender with size and some talent. Needs a long uninterrupted stint in the top side with no injuries.I think he’s got the goods but needs to go on with it and needs to develop a mean streak

And pace, seems a ‘little’ on the slow side both from a reaction time and leg speed perspective.

Just think if TB goes - HEdwards is our plug n play fullback.

Just let that sink in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't rate Chesser's kicking at all, has a lot of Brad Ebert about it. Hopefully that improves with consistent match play which he has lacked for the last 4(?) years

Don't rate Chesser's kicking at all, has a lot of Brad Ebert about it. Hopefully that improves with consistent match play which he has lacked for the last 4(?) years

I literally I was thinking the same thing with the Ebert kicking comparison, suppose least Chesser has more pace, Ebert was a plodder but could kick a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back