Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

LOVE the depth we actually have for once!

This would be my best 22 if we had all our players fit:

Hurn Barrass Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan

Masten Redden Gaff

Cripps Darling Waterman
Rioli JK Ryan

Ruck: Nic Nat Shuey Yeo

Bench: Lycett Sheed Cole Lecra

Depth:

Ah Chee
Nelson
Ainsworth
Pet
Hutchings
Schofield
Fmac
Emac ( when he is revived)
Karpany
Partington

Everytime the ball goes near Rioli i go "we're a chance here".He doesnt lose too many one on ones! He also does this quaint thing called em..er.. shepherding?? Like when two of our guys go after the ball with one opposition player,Rioli gets in the way of him and lets our other player get an easy kick.who would have ever thought!!

You don't know what you meant.

You're a millennial fool and you have no idea what you want in life, only that you're hard done by and entitled to more than you've currently got.
You don’t know me or my story campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn Barrass Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan

Masten Redden Gaff

Cripps Darling Waterman
Rioli JK Ryan

Depth:

Ah Chee
Nelson
Ainsworth
Pet
Hutchings
Schofield
Fmac
Emac ( when he is revived)
Karpany
Partington

Missing Venables, and maybe Brander is worthwhile listing as KPF depth.

He is better than lever who struggles 1on1 with big key forwards.
Barrass gets none of the attention that he would if he was playing for a vic team .
Not quite sure I'd go that far. I'm a fan of Barrass, but he has been taken to the cleaners by big bodied forwards on a number of occasions over the last couple of seasons and is definitely a glaring weakness of his.

People roast Cripps every season and claim he's going to be out of our team moving forward, but i honestly can't see it happening.

He's clearly a coaches pet at WCE and does PLENTY of things which go unrewarded. Simmo and Mitchell have both come out praising him for just how hard he works and the amount of running he does. He may be s**t at times and miss goals, but he's not lazy.

As it's already been pointed out, he's ranked #1 in the AFL for tackles inside 50, and also #5 in total score involvements. Career high disposal AVG this year.

At the club he's obviously #1 for tackles inside 50, #2 for score involvements, #2 for goal assists, #3 for marks i50 etc etc... he pulls his weight :heavycheck:
Always features in the Sprints and Repeat Sprints categories in the GPS data, every game he's top 5 for sprints.

Not quite sure I'd go that far. I'm a fan of Barrass, but he has been taken to the cleaners by big bodied forwards on a number of occasions over the last couple of seasons and is definitely a glaring weakness of his.
Many young KPD's do get dominated by elite KPF's. If something happened to Talia or the Dee's best tall, he wouldn't replace them as he doesn't have a lockdown game. He's like gov without a proper defensive game.

+ Rioli had a quiet game but does so many little things around the ball. Has footy smarts and toughness in spades. Played a big part in us trapping the ball forward in the first quarter
Just loved that bit of play where he laid a strong tackle and got the holding the ball and while laying on the ground fed off a hand pass to a player streaming past. Ended up in a goal. Such vision and poise can't be taught.

Just loved that bit of play where he laid a strong tackle and got the holding the ball and while laying on the ground fed off a hand pass to a player streaming past. Ended up in a goal. Such vision and poise can't be taught.

Could you imagine Rioli fit and with a rig!?

Might be my fav player in the team at the moment.

Not bad for the last draft pick in 2016 eh
Think he would've gone a lot higher 30stm, but other clubs didn't bother because we would've come in to match it.
But I do like the Cinderella story line, so happy with that.:)
Playing great footy & with the other younger guys has invigorated the squad. E.g Lecca, NN, Kennedy might've thought they're never in with a chance of another G.F.....would be getting a bit of a feeling now that it's possible.

Hurn Barrass Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan

Masten Redden Gaff

Cripps Darling Waterman
Rioli JK Ryan

Depth:

Ah Chee
Nelson
Ainsworth