Universal Love Positivity.

Remove this Banner Ad

This board during the 7 weeks of the pie roll! May we never lose again. Its refreshing to not have raw emotions flying around the place suggesting people get sacked after a single bad game. Love it.

I thought that was as good as win as we have had all season on the weekend. But I think it also showed that we need to get a few players back quickly because our bottom couple of players didn't really have an influence. Our stars are so good that they get us across the line anyway, and we play a cohesive system now that can carry a few stragglers as long as they are doing their job within the team.

But I wouldn't want to come up against Richmond in a final with Crocker, Appleby, Daicos and Sier right now. Reckon Daicos and Sier have shown some pretty good signs and I'm glad they are getting a run, but the side would look a hell of a lot better with Elliott, Moore, Varcoe and Aish in the spots of those guys listed above.

Overall though it's nothing but positive that we haven't let injuries cruel our season as we have in previous years. A couple of years ago we were 8-3 heading into the bye in consecutive years and just fell away totally once a few injuries crept in. This year, our injury list continue to mount, but we have still kept winning.

It's a real compliment to our system, our structure, and also our depth.

We'll be a pretty difficult team to stop in finals if we are anywhere near full strength. Let's hope the worst of our injury crisis is behind us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back