Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
If he was out surfing you'd think someone would have noticed him get into trouble or at least his board floating around with no owner. And most of the time you'll be attached to it with a legrope. unless you're like me at Bells when mine snapped, although that was back in the good old days with the nylon cord attached to the fin and hankie around the ankle.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Could you try pressreader Met?
I've already had a look at what was free in Pressreader for all of last week and this weekend on this case (The West and Sunday Times)

There was a paywalled article (below link) online in the West, that did not appear to be in the paper version of the West (from checking Pressreader)

But I suspect that the Daily Mail and whatsnewtoday articles on Taras took stuff from The West article (below).

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
This autopsy is unlikely to happen in Bali.
Maybe it can occur in perth when T.M. body is returned to Australia.
Cause of death possibly deduced...

"Police have requested an autopsy be conducted on Taras Mulik, whose body was found on Sunday.

But the family has yet to visit the morgue and give permission for an autopsy to take place".

"He said an autopsy was needed to determine the cause of the death.

"There is an autopsy request from police. We are still waiting on approval from the family. We haven't conducted an autopsy as the victim's family hasn't come to give approval."

Here's a new article that is not currently paywalled
In case it disappears behind a paywall I've archived it too

With reports that the family is refusing an autopsy, which family are they referring to?
His Perth/non-Bali family (assuming he has close relatives alive), his Indo one, or both?

What might any of Taras family be afraid of that an autopsy might uncover?

Sat, 23 January 2021 5:27PM

'there are signs of abrasions, bruises and a base skull fracture caused by blunt trauma.'

https://web.archive.org/web/2021012...rth-surfers-mystery-bali-death-ng-b881777288z (archive of it)

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

With reports that the family is refusing an autopsy, which family are they referring to?
His Perth/non-Bali family (assuming he has close relatives alive), his Indo one, or both?

'there are signs of abrasions, bruises and a base skull fracture caused by blunt trauma.'

https://web.archive.org/web/2021012...rth-surfers-mystery-bali-death-ng-b881777288z (archive of it)

My assumption was due to religious beliefs

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

And this;
"It says there are abrasions, bruises and signs of a base skull fracture caused by blunt violence. There were also signs of submersion in water."

Back