Autopsy Post Mortem: Collingwood blow it again

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with that performance given the circumstances. Playing against a genuine contender with a top 2 spot on the line and we were missing 8 or 9 best 22 players. We were out on our feet late... it wasn't to be. I went in expecting to lose by 8 goals... I think most of us did.

Phillips, Blair and Smith were quite terrible. Replace those three liabilities with Pendlebury, De Goey and Wells and romp it in.

I'm happy with that performance given the circumstances. Playing against a genuine contender with a top 2 spot on the line and we were missing 8 or 9 best 22 players. We were out on our feet late... it wasn't to be.

Phillips, Blair and Smith were quite terrible. Replace those three liabilities with Pendlebury, De Goey and Wells and romp it in.
This.

Good debut by Daicos.

I'm happy with that performance given the circumstances. Playing against a genuine contender with a top 2 spot on the line and we were missing 8 or 9 best 22 players. We were out on our feet late... it wasn't to be.

There's still a manner on which you expect to see you team play.
Personnel or not- that game plan is all to familiar even with the names you mention.
It's utter garbage.

Manning up Geelong's spare in defence or having players forward of centre to kick to is not about personnel- that's system and the coach is responsible for this,

It was a very competitive game and an arm wrestle for most of the second half.
We had some nasty injuries which had a major effect on the game.

Disappointing sure, but not deserving of immense criticism and dummy spitting

We are a 1 quarter side, anything beyond that we are stuffed. Geelong didn't even play great, could have won that but we have duds like Philips, Smith and Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched this game on my mobile phone and wasn't getting good resolution. This, coupled with the constant miss-callings of players names from everyone in the box made it a little harder to tell who was doing what during wide shots.

A couple of things I do know, Blair and Smith are at best depth. Bottom of the pack depth.

Can Buckley counter an opposition coaches adjustments?

How the bloody hell can you kick 6 goals in the first 1/4 then dish up this absolute s**t for the next 3 quarters.
Game plan is atrocious

Went into protect (the lead) and deny, rather then take a few risks, attack and continue to try win the game. Geelong manned up the switch and we had no plan B other then to further retreat and play kick to kick.

Blair is Blair everything has already been said on him.

Phillips is a Sidebottom without the goal sense spacial awerness and smarts through the contest that makes double the mistakes and panics under pressure.

Smith is up there with Jack Frost competing with the worst Collingwood player I've ever seen. I was in the delist but maybe re rookie category now I'm in straight up delist.

Scharenberg and Langdon can at least be AFL quality but it's one or the other whilst Howe is in the team not all three.

We need to find someone who has the stones to try and win the game when in the balance. When it comes to last minute, your'e down by 11 points and players are still looking to literally and metaphorically handpass responsibility, something is very wrong.

One more game of this house coaching to go
Better take a break for two more years as a minimum- because he ain't going anywhere.
As buffy would say, deal

* the negative posters that was a brave performance. Yeah we made some mistakes, missed some chances and stuffed around with the footy (when don't we?), but utimately we ran out of puff in the last quarter. Young bodies will do that. With even just one or two of our missing third 18 we win that.

Great to see Broomhead, Cox and Aish show something too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back