Remove this Banner Ad

Speed I get with NBN50 now with Telstra

7297290060.png

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just moving into a new apartment in Box Hill. Need to select an internet plan and not sure what to go with. Has anyone had any good/bad speeds with any provider they can share with me? It is not NBN ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Been getting a solid 56Mbps over Telstra cable for a few years. This morning:

8176419452.png

Not sure if due somehow to NBN being installed in the area.

Been getting a solid 56Mbps over Telstra cable for a few years. This morning:

8176419452.png

Not sure if due somehow to NBN being installed in the area.

That's what I normally get with cable. You've been bumped on to the extreme plan. Either by mistake of they've decided to upgrade all those with cable.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
When NBN on HFC first rolled through my area my cable jumped from the standard 35/1 to 65'ish/5. Pretty cool. Over time it got gimped, either by Telstra because they would prefer me move to NBN and pay more for the same speeds, or because more people where jumping on (though wouldn't it be the same if everyone was already using the same infrastructure?). They finally canned my 7 year old package a few months back which added another $10 to my monthly bill. Have to give them an A+ for effort. I have been getting around 25-30/3 for the past 4 or 5 months but I still didn't roll over because we had planned to move house late last year but the rental market is a complete s**t fight so we're still here (hopefully this year! :rolleyes:). Anyway, to end this really cool story, I got an SMS from Telstra this arvo to say that my line speed had been increased. I get home, restarted my modem, ran some speed tests and it's just the same as what it was before it got gimped. booooo.

NBN rolled through here last February. It was first commenced October 2017 but due to the issues they were having with HFC it was halted and delayed until February and our deadlines to move over were extended. Anyway, I'm in my final three months before I'm forced to move to NBN. If these cable speeds are indicative of what I'll get on NBN around here, considering it's using exactly the same lines, then I'll be happy with that. Just means we'll have no choice but to make sure that where ever we move to has to have NBN as I'll be contracted. Grrr.

Last edited:
8198921111.png

I don't want to move to NBN when my cable connection is more stable and faster than I'll get on cruddy nbn

That's what I normally get with cable. You've been bumped on to the extreme plan. Either by mistake of they've decided to upgrade all those with cable.

I got an email earlier this week saying they've bumped up the speeds......... similar to a few months/a year ago when they did the same thing. The speed has stayed about the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back