Postcards (Hong Kong, Rio, Torino, Melbourne, Hyderabad and many others ... Add your location)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Mt Cook National Park, near Twizel in the South Island of New Zealand. Not sure whether this peak is actually Mt Cook but they all looked stunning. The park has plenty of walking tracks and is definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area
12063319_10155343445491515_8098047073974867550_n.jpg

I'm going to Hawaii next Thursday for 5 days. Went years ago with work, don't remember much about it except for a few bars, does anyone have any recommendations or must see?

Still debating a half day Pearl Harbour tour, I've got a couple of days North shore staying at Turtle. Bay Resort and the remaining back in Hono.

Will be with the wife, kids staying at home so let me know of some cool things to do and see

I'm going to Hawaii next Thursday for 5 days. Went years ago with work, don't remember much about it except for a few bars, does anyone have any recommendations or must see?

Still debating a half day Pearl Harbour tour, I've got a couple of days North shore staying at Turtle. Bay Resort and the remaining back in Hono.

Will be with the wife, kids staying at home so let me know of some cool things to do and see
Can't help but have a great time
Is this the big 40 birthday celebration you mentioned a while back?:)

I think you can do a treasure hunt looking for whiskers of Tom Selleck's moustakka.

I actually didn't find Hawaii that cheap for shopping. The best we did was the factory outlets. Maybe we were in the wrong areas, all the spots people told us to try were no better than here.

Pearl Harbour was really good, need to allocate plenty of time. We did whales, diving, helicopter, swimming with dolphins but the best experience was the sunrise up on a volcano. Then you ride bikes down. It was awesome, especially when the mother in law crashed and hit her face! All the other things we did you could do anywhere and be just as good but for a unique Hawaii experience the bike ride and Pearl Harbour win for me
speedytiger Can you remember which company you did the dawn volcano bike ride with? Was it a 3am start?

speedytiger Can you remember which company you did the dawn volcano bike ride with? Was it a 3am start?
Nah mate i can't remember sorry, it was an early start as you have to get up there before the sunrise. It was on Maui, just watch out for power poles on the way down!!

Nah mate i can't remember sorry, it was an early start as you have to get up there before the sunrise. It was on Maui, just watch out for power poles on the way down!!
I had a closer look and there's a few that do it. Unfortunately we are only going to be on the main Honolulu island.

Thanks though

I had a closer look and there's a few that do it. Unfortunately we are only going to be on the main Honolulu island.

Thanks though

Polynesian Cultural Center is a must see for mine... Amazing day, very well spent.

I also loved the Punchbowl Memorial Cemetery, Peal Harbour and Diamond Head Mountain trail, if you like walking...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so jealous of you NT.Thunder

Havent been able to get away for a good overseas holiday for about 3 years now, and that was only for a few days for a wedding in Fiji. Won't be able to do one for another few years yet either. I refuse to take babies/toddlers on international flights. It's hard enough taking them on a 2-3 hr flight within Australia.

I am so jealous of you NT.Thunder

Havent been able to get away for a good overseas holiday for about 3 years now, and that was only for a few days for a wedding in Fiji. Won't be able to do one for another few years yet either. I refuse to take babies/toddlers on international flights. It's hard enough taking them on a 2-3 hr flight within Australia.
It was fantastic, agree regarding kids and we actually left them with the parents in law for this. Felt a little guilty but the time away alone really does a relationship wonders IMO.

If you get a chance to find cheap airfares to Hawaii, do it. I picked up return tickets on the Dreamliner for around $450. Was a snap decision and well worth it. Just hired a car and drove North. Surfing was fantastic. Biggest day was 60ft and watched Mick Fanning and all the other world class surfers do their thing. Was a pity I couldn't stay for Pipe Masters.

If you've got the coin, Turtle Bay is the place to stay. Was fantastic and the people were awesome. Great food, relaxing and plenty to do. IMO it's one of those places that you can enjoy yourself whether you have 4 days or 14 days there.

Keep an eye out for the midnight 1 hour airfare specials with Jetstar I think Thursday nights.

Travelling in Italy again for a couple of months. Flew into Bologna and caught up with friends, then onto the beautiful city of Mantova. Here i saw the most exquisite frescoes in the Camera degli Sposi
It was White Night in Mantova- quite different to Melbourne's. The streets were full of musicians and the bars and shops open all night
6dcef335cee837fb8cc3f0fa8a13ceb4.jpg
57496a4cb82c15de997fff85c12eec82.jpg
ce85b04c82d2e441d0c1a79f8f0a1f58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I've just spent the last 5 days in Venice. Absolutely loved it.
The hands are a sculpture for the Bienale. A statement on climate change
a76f58f550b5e9be6b533229d840517a.jpg
f4896da4e24afc0611697823e8244a62.jpg
00c8746f87b3970c1b27ab5ace2c93e1.jpg

76woodenspooners i cant find the food and wine thread so will post here.

I went to an Acetaia where they make balsamic vinegar.
In order to be labelled 'traditional balsamic vinegar' it must be at least be at least 12 yrs old. It spends all this is being aged in wooden barrels. There are 5 of them, each in a different wood, the last being chestnut. The barrels are never cleaned. Each year 10% is taken from the 4th barrel and put into the 5th, then 20% taken from the 3rd into the 4th etc.
The only ingredient is cooked grape must.

One barrel was nearly 300 years old and is worth 50000 euro.

From about 6 years its good for salad dressing etc but be sure to get one that has nothing added to it.
0d8478d51a542d36ae689ae592bd822d.jpg
4da281cee71e548283656a90d3091f0b.jpg
2153f8e0ce6828907a5727c4ff7bc430.jpg

I've just spent the last 5 days in Venice. Absolutely loved it.
The hands are a sculpture for the Bienale. A statement on climate change
a76f58f550b5e9be6b533229d840517a.jpg
f4896da4e24afc0611697823e8244a62.jpg
00c8746f87b3970c1b27ab5ace2c93e1.jpg

The hands sculpture is stunning MG. Love the stark contrast of a contemporary piece in the that beautiful, if slightly decaying (?) context.

Can't say I'm missing the footy, or the cold weather:rolleyes::eek:

I've been a bit slack sending postcards but......
Since Venice I've had 2 weeks in Trieste, parts of which were forgettablebut that's travelling for you. From there I went to the beautiful city of Piran in Slovenia. That was good for the soul.
A couple of days on the outskirts of Rome, catching up with friends, and then 2 wonderful weeks in Sardinia, in Alghero.
Then onto Spain.
Been quite a few years since I was last here, and I actually feel like a foreigner :D
Can't sort of read Spanish but can't understand much when listening

Barcelona was a treat
Feasted on Gaudi, Picasso, Miro, tapas and red wine!

And now I'm in Granada, via a few days in Madrid hanging out in the art museums. The combination of Moorish and Spanish influences makes this a great place to visit
I'm blessed with the weather.
It's hot but manageable- 30 to 35 every day, and the siesta hour is often welcome

ae34425ca22995edf5f5ddda468ab19d.jpg

Piran

ff826f90c3a323f8cddd38570760f5b3.jpg

Bagnoregio, near Tuscany

688dff506cf6674ffffdbf9d5bd1fd66.jpg

Snorkelling in the deep grottoes along the coast of Sardinia

a94ddcff55588ef6e2c386f1fd7d2379.jpg

The water is the most beautiful colour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barcelona
a4a812531c6d63a60cf91819a6fa70ba.jpg

98d5ec211c4adaaed499b6c858fa1495.jpg