Preview Potential 2019 retirees

Remove this Banner Ad

As we approach the second half of the year who do we expect to announce retirement and have farewell games

I’ve listed the below as who I think will retire, some more likely than others but will keep track as year progresses

Burgoyne
Simpson
Wells
Hodge
Morris
Sandilands
McVeigh
Mundy
Rishcitelli
Scott Thompson
Shane Mumford
Jarryd Roughead
Brett Deledio
Lynden Dunn
Dale Thomas
Kieren Jack
Ballantyne
Nick smith
Armitage
Chris Masten
Sam Wright

Matt Suckling may finally pull the trigger on a punting career in the NFL

Tory Dickson's body isn't holding up so well anymore, very highly doubt he keeps going

Rischitelli yes
Despite Harbrows form wouldn't rule him out.
Apparently was close to closing it down before this season.

I don't know if Simmo's body will allow him to go around one more time, but I think the desire is there. Daisy has been at times our most consistent back 6 player and despite his immature moves of late, I think he stays on the list. Wouldn't shock me if Marc Murphy called it a career. Taking a Mumford rib tickler has got to make you stop and think about things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Deledio retiring, he's looked superb in his couple of games since returning.

Rischitelli yes
Despite Harbrows form wouldn't rule him out.
Apparently was close to closing it down before this season.
Jeez Harbrow has been good over the journey. From watching him this year he hasn't lost any lateral movement either, very hard to tackle.

Can we sort the OP into clubs?

Roughead
Birchall
Burgoyne
Puopolo
Mohr

Has Roughead intimated that he wants to retire a one club man? I have no doubt the Hawks won’t offer him another contract, but I could easily see him playing again next year for a club like Gold Coast in a similar leadership role to Hodge at Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back