Event Pre-Season 37 Practice Match: West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at Bainlea Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Praccy5.png

On behalf of the West Coast Wonders and AnUltimateRessie , in collaboration with the Roys FFC and friggin' me, we welcome everyone from all of Sweet and surrounds to take part in the festivities this Sunday afternoon at the Bainlea Football Ground.

The Wonders and the Gorillas will meet at the rural ground - now doubling as a multipurpose venue for the West Coast team - to contest a friendly (sic) practice match just to whet the appetite in the leadup to Season 37 of the Sweet FA.

The Wonders, one of the two remaining founding clubs of the league, will host the event, in conjunction with the countryside Bainlea-Rhilpisa Road team. The visitors, Roys FFC Gorillas, will bring their storied bunch of quaint ratbaggery and possibly even some touches of the footy if it bounces just right.

A1.png

West Coast Wonders finished 7th to book an Elimination Final, and then eliminated the Dragons. A week later they would fall in a Semi to the Bombers.

Roys FFC were in the 8 all season, until a signature late fadeout led to a chain of losses, including one to the Bye. They'd eventually finish 9th.

A2.png

Both teams are under new management, with AnUltimateRessie taking the helm at the Wonders and doing a power of work to tuck in the frayed hinges of the club and present a shiny new Wonders replete in dreams and hopes for Season 37. This is the ultimate reboot and 'Ressie' seems in this case to be short for RESOURCEFUL.

At the Roys, long-serving captain TedDougChris had worn a hole in all 3 of his Gifs and decided that was as good a sign as any to retire. Definitely not kicking and screaming, Mobbs was installed as the new captain, and immediately demonstrated that its hard to have frayed hinges when you're not hinged in the first place.

A5.png

The trip here commences in the Community Rooms of the BJO, and travels down Brunswick St, Tandy St, Pagan St and Legend Pde to the Colosseum in Rasasidge. Now with the comby full of both Roys and Wonders, we make out ...

... and then we make out over the hilly terrain of south-western Sweet, down Waverley Rd and Visro Pde, before leaving town for Rhilpisa Road village. Down the Motorboatorway, and finally a turn onto Bainlea Road, leads to an arrival at Bainlea Oval right at sunset.

A6.png

The match is scheduled for sometime Sunday arvo (the usual Sweet FA thing), to help - as AUR put it - get new players used to what they'd be forced to suffer every week of the regular season.

Captains please provide teams by yesterday.

Last edited:

A3.png

I (I'm Mobbs, hi, now stfu and listen) had the chance to sit down with AUR and ask him some really boring and predictable questions. That's because I'm an innovator. Here are those questions ... and the answers too. I also included the answers. That would make sense.

Q1.png
It's been a fairly big step up but the support coming from my leadership group has been excellent. I would enjoy it a lot more if we started bouncing the qooty!!

Q2.png
There has been a fairly large changeover of players in the last couple of months that included a couple of players that were very important to us, so filling those gaps and making sure the Wonders didn't fold have definitely been priority number 1.

Q3.png
Connecting with the wider bigfooty to try and recruit rookies, and being successful with that has been awesome to lead but also my (failed) attempts at recruiting within Sweet and connecting with some of those players have also been enjoyable. The Bainlea project getting off the ground has also been a delight and I'm excited to see where that leads.

Q4.png
When I was a young rook, damicky locked me away in a dungeon, so taking a tip from him and using that with the whole player base has been worthwhile. I've even taken control of their bigfooty accounts so we'll have 26 active players in season 37.

Q5.png
We have a good bunch of rookies that should future proof the Wonders. BFew and Pamcake1 has been active in the werewolf forum and I'm really excited to see their characters around the joint. BigChippa52 , dino_67 , and Oisin_the_Goat have also joined us and have been fantastic to have around the PM's, so I'm keen to watch how they find their place in Sweet.

Q6.png
Most of them have way more experience in this place than me. So they've been keeping me in check when I try to change the West Coast Wonders to the Blue and White Unicorns. Gripes? Well ClarkeM is a Collingwood supporter and HARPSichord is a North Melbourne supporter.

Q7.png
I've had about a month off work, so I've just been watching tennis and doing some Sweet F.A stuff. Now it'll be an excuse to do less work.

Q8.png
I asked my good friend Tigerturbulance to check my team sheets in season 37, so there will be no penalties for me or the Wonders this season.

Q9.png
Winning the premiership. It'll be piss easy.

Q10.png
Expect to see our vibrant rookies run amuck and get some snags down at our new home away from home. DenieD coming off the bench at some stage and showing why he was last seasons FRED medallist will also be a sight to see while he goes back to back. Watch our backline as well, we've got some solid players back there and it should slow down the Roys rapid forward line.

A4.png
No. Go away.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phar Ace I hope you can tag some of the opposition mids in this game! Remember, not the hash thing, that might have an adverse effect. ;)
Haha, I think Mobbs is a good teacher. I might be across it now. tigs2010 got me all confused with his scathing critics of my tagging skills, therapy has been good, and am ready to move fwd;) I guess we will see with this first supposedly good tag of he himself - expecting a lot of love
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Haha, I think Mobbs is a good teacher. I might be across it now. tigs2010 got me all confused with his scathing critics of my tagging skills, therapy has been good, and am ready to move fwd;) I guess we will see with this first supposedly good tag of he himself - expecting a lot of love
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
You mean all those times I called you a dumb campaigner for doing it wrong weren't educational and helpful?

In what I’m assuming is going to be the highlight of S38 for both these teams, good luck! This scratch match may be the closest either side gets to silverware looking at these spuds squads 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back