Pre season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The draft went along as expected, picking up Brett Voss and leaving two spaces on the list. Interestingly, many people were tipping that it would go the way that it did but whether it was enforced by the AFL due to salary cap congestion or decided by the club is something we might not know.

Christopher Oliver and Justin Berry join Steven Milne and Mark Wittison on the rookie list. Of these, we have the two promising big guys in Oliver and Wittison and the small goalsneaks in Berry and Milne.

There's no doubt that the 4 rookies have a decent incentive to perform, knowing that there are two spots open on the list. I don't know anything about the new guys apart from what I read in their profile and that Berry played a few VFL games for us this year. But Wittison and Milne genuinely excite me. Probably Wittison more so because he proved before his shoulder injury that he kick goals as a Centre Half Forward and hold down the Centre Half Back position.

Also, the AGM was held tonight so hopefully someone from the fan forum will let us know what happened.

What do the rest of think of how we are travelling?

Oh and one last thing. What do you think of me or someone else leaving an anonymous message to the fan forum telling people to join bigfooty? It would be great to get a lot of the other saints fans on board but it might also attract some of the people who we may not want.

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

Worth a try. More saint supporters in chat would be good - it's overrun with maggies at present.

I've mentioned bigfooty on the forum a couple of times without really trying to sell it.
People who are regularly accessing the forum at this time of year are most likely pretty keen, I've found this site, as a second outlet, wonderful, I imagine other die-hards might too.
Certainly this is the place for the Wal Johnsons of the world, repeated alien visits at the forum upset me as I view the forum as my football home. Here, I'm a lot more accepting, but, that said, many at bigfooty seem to show courtesy when visiting other clubs pages.

Could someone please explain how we have two vacant spots on our list, when at yesterdays draft we only had one unused selection. Might the salary cap be impinging on our ability to fill that last position?

[This message has been edited by karnaby (edited 21 December 2000).]

Karnaby, the two spots left open must have been for fiscal reasons, simply it's cheaper to have rookies. If and when one of the rookie players reaches the required level it is an easy thing to elevate him to the list. Having two spots open is a huge incentive to the 4 young blokes to be rewarded if they make the grade.

Sainter, I think we're travelling beautifully. There is still a massive feeling of optimism at the club and amongst the supporters. I can't remember when so many saints supporters were looking forward to the following season as much as now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back