Health Pre Workout drinks - your experiences

Remove this Banner Ad

RobbieGray17

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried this stuff today and I was coming off nightshift so I was aware of the 300mg caffeine content after already having 200mg. Only took about 1/3 of the bottle and literally felt like throwing up. Anyone else experience this with pre workout.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Have experienced this with many pre workout drinks. Think a lot of them are just a waste of money tbh. As mentioned a black coffee does the trick even No Doz tablets are a cheaper and probably healthier alternative.
The old formula Craze was the best pre-workout I have tried, but sadly no longer available

RobbieGray17

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have experienced this with many pre workout drinks. Think a lot of them are just a waste of money tbh. As mentioned a black coffee does the trick even No Doz tablets are a cheaper and probably healthier alternative.
The old formula Craze was the best pre-workout I have tried, but sadly no longer available
I took this stuff at 10am. Didn't even drink the whole lot and it f’ed up my sleep. I only just got to sleep at 8pm while I was on night shift. That's 10 hours of buzz.

Southseas

X2 Denim
May 22, 2016
Perf
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
WV Mountaineers Texas Rangers
Original Craze was the absolute business.Think I was legit addicted to it though, when I heard they were banning it I got maybe 40 tubs. people were offering me $300/tub. haha

BZRK is ok rn.

Quokka

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Tried them and I like the caffeine buzz but you know its a case of diminishing returns and I'd worry about taking them with any sort of regularity. Plus there is no way you are getting anywhere near value for money (imo) and so after trying a couple I have one in the back of the cupboard for the odd day but my go to preworkout is a strong coffee and a banana.

RobbieGray17

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried them and I like the caffeine buzz but you know its a case of diminishing returns and I'd worry about taking them with any sort of regularity. Plus there is no way you are getting anywhere near value for money (imo) and so after trying a couple I have one in the back of the cupboard for the odd day but my go to preworkout is a strong coffee and a banana.
As I understand, you're supposed to build up to around 450mg and then drop for a whole week or two. It would seem to make sense to do this toward the end of your cycles

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad