Premiership radar - Geelong and Sydney look like their teams of yesteryear

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
And we've fallen into the Bermuda Triangle. Yes it's early days but I feel these two great sides deserve a mention. I drew a line through both of these clubs pre-season and didn't even have them in my top 8. Granted it's still early and we've seen teams start like a house on fire only tom falter badly later on and vice versa. But in the early going these two teams are playing a beautiful, cohesive style with good structure and silky slickness. The Giants are another side who are smooth operators early on as are the Blues. The Cats and Swans seem to have rediscovered their mojo from 2022, at least for the time being.

Brilliant Football.

Injuries man, both teams got screwed by it last year.
Geelong moreso than Swans but still both badly suffered.

It's not like we both just magically fell off.
I had Cats in 7th and Swans top 4 and making GF in my ladder prediction.

We'll have to wait and see!

The Swans yes, the Cats are still average, they played St Kilda at home, where they rarely get beaten by anyone, and an Adelaide side that was bottom 4 quality. I could see them sneaking into the 8 but not doing much.

Sydney have bounced back relatively quickly since being destroyed by us 18 months ago in a grand final.
Credit to them for bouncing back as I truly believed that day would cripple their club for years, similar to what happened to Port after the 2007 grand final.

The Swans yes, the Cats are still average, they played St Kilda at home, where they rarely get beaten by anyone, and an Adelaide side that was bottom 4 quality. I could see them sneaking into the 8 but not doing much.
Right...

Because they beat Collingwood (who St Kilda beat), and are just tearing the comp a new one right now

And going to Adelaide minus an entire midfield of Bruhn, Atkins, Duncan, Guthrie, & Bowes just happens every week.

....Aren't those the kind of injuries that your mob have used as an excuse for being an uncompetitive joke for three years?

Injuries man, both teams got screwed by it last year.
Geelong moreso than Swans but still both badly suffered.

It's not like we both just magically fell off.
I had Cats in 7th and Swans top 4 and making GF in my ladder prediction.

We'll have to wait and see!
This, plus we probably overachieved a bit in 2022. With our age profile it was always going to be around this year or the next 2 where we hit our peak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back