Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Walking past the glorious Punt Rd Oval yesterday when I noticed all these hot air balloons hovering above

I counted 17.....they were waiting for our training drills to begin

no more hiding behind a tree on Punt Rd

View attachment 1045651
I counted 16

Black & White baloon crashed

You know what is disgracefull? They were all paid and in three of them the umpires were place perfectly to see the dive
How good was it to see the a-hole NOT get paid frees for a couple of blatant dives in the GF.

Looks like the riolis have returned to Melbourne,

Big year for Daniel coming up after a pretty average 2020

Should be looking to cement his spot in the team after losing it several times across 2019-2020

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Challenge is that he is defence first. I know that seems to be how his told to play/his role but think most would love to see more Rioli flair. Use that pace and evasiveness to advantage and take the game on like Bolton. Wonder if he would be better suited to the wing where he can do that.

Challenge is that he is defence first. I know that seems to be how his told to play/his role but think most would love to see more Rioli flair. Use that pace and evasiveness to advantage and take the game on like Bolton. Wonder if he would be better suited to the wing where he can do that.
I don’t think so, he performs his forward pressure role very well and he’d be a loss if we moved him to the wing imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 prelim, 4 goals against GWS, had him earmarked for small forward greatness.

Seems to be very much a role player now.

And I’m not understating the importance of our small forwards to our game style however you rarely see the flair we saw from him back then. These days seems very much mechanical

2017 prelim, 4 goals against GWS, had him earmarked for small forward greatness.

Seems to be very much a role player now.

And I’m not understating the importance of our small forwards to our game style however you rarely see the flair we saw from him back then. These days seems very much mechanical

Great call. He seems to be playing without much enjoyment.

I took a look at his stats, concerned that it was due to the injury he picked up in the 2017 grand final. His 2018 (12 games) was his best season, including picking up his one and only Brownlow vote. Since then, it's been all downhill. 2020 was on par with his rookie year. The stats tell us that our eyes aren't deceiving us: Castagna was more important to Richmond in 2020 than Daniel.

In 2020, I'd love to see Jack playing a bit higher up the ground and using his field kicking to get it to Castagna, Bolton and Rioli in space. Back at the MCG there is the space to play that wider game out on the half forward flank, rather than pushing it to the dangerous CHF spot.

I took a look at his stats, concerned that it was due to the injury he picked up in the 2017 grand final. His 2018 (12 games) was his best season, including picking up his one and only Brownlow vote. Since then, it's been all downhill. 2020 was on par with his rookie year. The stats tell us that our eyes aren't deceiving us: Castagna was more important to Richmond in 2020 than Daniel.

In 2020, I'd love to see Jack playing a bit higher up the ground and using his field kicking to get it to Castagna, Bolton and Rioli in space. Back at the MCG there is the space to play that wider game out on the half forward flank, rather than pushing it to the dangerous CHF spot.

Looking at his stats is where you make the mistake of trying to rate Rioli. Been mentioned above or in another thread his value can’t be measured on paper. Plays his role for the team perfectly. Just don’t have him in your SuperCoach team

I haven’t totally given up on him getting his mojo back.

Maybe having his cous on the list will invigorate him. And watching Shai’s brilliance and attacking flair has got to spur you on. The indigenous boys really can feed of each other’s energy.

Hope from a viewing perspective he finds it again, still YouTube those 2017 prelim highlights every now and then

Hate Tom Brady - it’s all about him.

Love Dusty - for him it’s all about the team.
In the press conference I saw today, Brady paid tribute to the team first.
He is a six time champion who has taken a wild card team to the Super Bowl.
Three away finals wins.
Dimma said when he was flat midyear that the Patriots were an inspiration.

Last edited:
Looking at his stats is where you make the mistake of trying to rate Rioli. Been mentioned above or in another thread his value can’t be measured on paper. Plays his role for the team perfectly. Just don’t have him in your SuperCoach team

You don’t pick Tiger players in your SC team full stop 😄

That's a Peter/Paul scenario for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back