Game Day Preseason Game 1 - West Coast vs Adelaide, Sat 2/3 : It’s Melt Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamieson managing to completely miss the ball with his fist while spoiling (uncontested mind you) capping this game off nicely.

Barnett very promising imo. Second year ruck (they take time) and has a real go and good athleticism and strength for his stage of development. Leaps and bounds after this pre season to his wafl work last year (understandable).

Impressed - he is gonna be it in time I think. Rucks can take a while to show but really happy with his attributes and effort already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer Barnett connection to our kids then Williams. Williams has zero connection and just hits to space to nobody
Barnett leans towards far more of a pure tap ruckman who uses his strength to get at it, then soft hands. Williams in his defence was pretty decent last season but is a hit and hope in there and would be spewing Flynn went down

I just get less and less confident Duggan and Cole are even AFL standard.

Cole is at his best given licence to counter attack but I'm not sure he can do a better job of that than Hunt, Witherden and Jones. He certainly can't be trusted as a lockdown type.

Duggan is a huge problem. He can't defend and he is useless at rebounding. He is hopeless in the midfield too. It's laughable he is sharing the captaincy with Oscar.

Points from today for me.

Green shoots from the kids. Stood up at times and tried hard all day.

Chesser had moments and probably his best game just needs to be a little more consistent across the 4 quarters.

Fat Smiley kid goes alright

Barnett rucked well when he was on. Something to look forward to in the future.

Long was better in the second half and even had a run on the ball.

Hough if he’s still classified as a kid? Had a really good game just needs to work a little on his decision making with his kicks.

Maric quiet but it’s going to be a grind for him when he gets the second best tall.

Dewar, Rawlinson, Livingstone all need more time and look very raw at this stage.

We applied good pressure overall and hard to knock the effort today.

Clearances are still our biggest issue and it’s hard to see that improving a hell of a lot especially if we cop an injury to a Yeo, Kelly or Reid and with Flynn out medium term.

Forward line looked young and a little disconnected but our delivery wasn’t great either but the Crows defence dominated the contest.

Going to be a tough ask against Port in two weeks time from what we have seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back