Preseason training plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Eazyfit

Draftee
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Thinking About starting a business based around providing people with personal training plans to achieve their goals and also providing local teams with detailed preseason training plans thoughts? Ideas? Thanks

Yes would consider myself quite knowledgable in the area and have quite a few contacts in the field

are you versed in performance type training?
Here's one for you, Kirky old boy. I've moved to Sweden and the off season takes place over a long, long winter. All running would be on a treadmill. I don't have much experience with them as I have always run outside...

Any idea on how to transfer preseason running blocks onto a treadmill? Am I fine just to run the same distances on one or are there things I need to take into consideration?

Can you layout the Swedish 12 month season for me so when off season is, pre season etc and what seasonable they occur in as well
Sure can. This season looks like it will be a bit different. Normally the year from January to December looks like:

Jan-March - Preseason- winter into spring. Can go from -20 in Jan and Feb to around zero or just above in March.
April - August: Season. Can go from 5 in April up to 30s in July and August.
September to December - Off season - going into preseason. Temp starts to drop from September down to 0 in November. Rain and snow a plenty from November.

This year it looks like they're going to condense the season to combat player loss over summer (Swedes take their summer seriously and go away for long stretches) so the Season will start in late March / April and go for 12 weeks straight or thereabouts.

During the preseason there's normally one training session a week, though mostly indoors, work out of the day style circuits followed by handballing and very occasionally kicking.

Can i ask you what club you play for over there mate and what the standard is like? Are there many aussies playing or is it mostly swedes?

I played a rec game in Finland about 6 years ago so it may have changed (or be different in Sweden) but was a lot of ex-Australians and quality was public school-esque

Nov - indoor off legs aerobic capacity/gym strength
Dec - indoor off legs aerobic capacity/indoor alatic power if possible
Jan - indoor on legs aerobic capacity/indoor alactic power if possible
Feb - outdoors aerobic capacity/outdoors alactic power
Mar - lactic capacity until 1 week pre-comp

Aerobic capacity - 30-60mins at 4-5/19 effort level, continuous for the most part

Alactic power - 5-6secs work with 1-2mins rest so 10-20m sprint acceleration work if you have room

Lactic capacity - your real puffy stuff which sounds like your WOD stuff

I'm in the phone so I can expand more if you need it

Can i ask you what club you play for over there mate and what the standard is like? Are there many aussies playing or is it mostly swedes?
Standard isn't amazing. There are a fair few Aussies from all ranges playing currently. The league rules say that the majority of players on a field at one time need to be Swedes. I'd say the lowest grade in any competition at home would easily put the best team here to the sword. Not necessarily skill, but more knowing where to run, leading, positioning, things like that add up. The team that won this year, Norrtälje, had a few guys from Melbourne who ran really full on sessions on strategy and set plays and it showed in the end.

Nov - indoor off legs aerobic capacity/gym strength
Dec - indoor off legs aerobic capacity/indoor alatic power if possible
Jan - indoor on legs aerobic capacity/indoor alactic power if possible
Feb - outdoors aerobic capacity/outdoors alactic power
Mar - lactic capacity until 1 week pre-comp

Aerobic capacity - 30-60mins at 4-5/19 effort level, continuous for the most part

Alactic power - 5-6secs work with 1-2mins rest so 10-20m sprint acceleration work if you have room

Lactic capacity - your real puffy stuff which sounds like your WOD stuff

I'm in the phone so I can expand more if you need it
Sounds good, thank you for this. Off legs stuff would be bike work I assume?

For December, does this seem fine, if a little basic?

Monday: Bike 45 mins continuous 5/10 effort
Tuesday: Strength
Wednesday: Bike 45 mins continuous 5/10
Thursday: Strength
Friday: Off (I'm not kidding myself here, the odds of me going from work to gym in pitch dark winter on a Friday are low)
Saturday Bike 45 mins
Sunday: Strength

Remove this Banner Ad

Back