Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
* I should preface this with I don't know a whole lot about computers, so any help would be great. :thumbsu:

A couple of months ago, seemingly out of nowhere, I was unable to stream anything through media player. As well as not being able to run anything through WMP itself, I was also unable to stream anything on sites that have media player embedded (if that makes sense?). Like here, here. Or, umm, certain not at all illegal or immoral sites showing sports....

I also can't view any content through the AFL site (maybe that's unrelated, I don't know?).

Everytime I do try and run something through it, it 'connects to the media' and then displays the message 'ready', rather than just starting. Once I click play though, it just repeats the process again and again. And it happens when using both Firefox and IE, too. I have the Media Player plug-in for Firefox also, so it makes it even more difficult to comprehend.

I've tried looking on the windows help site for details but I can't really find anything, so I figured I'd ask here. Any help would be great.

Cheers

try something that isn't WMP!!

can you play Flash videos (ie youtube etc)

sounds like WMP is borked. can you get a newer version. if you can install the newer version and see if that works.

try and uninstall it, remote i know given that MS ties apps to the OS (idiots)

If not, complete wipe of HDD and re-install of Windows would be the next course of action.

after that, buy a mac

The following post is from slashdot,and suits this thread nicely,although we still have to wait for a while yet:

Good News Everybody! This will very soon cease to be the case.
HTML 5 specifies a <video> element. Firefox 3.1 will support this, with the Ogg Theora codec included out of the box.

[YOUTUBE]Har-PRP4X9U[/YOUTUBE]

cya quicktime.

http://www.double.co.nz/video_test/test4.html

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll try messing around with a few things and see if something works. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back