Movie Prometheus

Remove this Banner Ad

The movie sucked because it was a wanabee action movie.

They didn't want big aliens battles (biggest mistake made) so they substituted the action with the dust storm and the big crash at the end.

It was a massive failure.

If they wanted a no action movie they should've made a no action movie.

How do you do that?

You focus on the drama by creating good characters. They totally failed here too.

So, action failed and drama failed... where does that leave this movie?

As a poorly scripted sci fi with barely any action and horrible bland characters. 1/5 stars just because they deserve a little pity over the FX budgets that they'll be lucky to have gotten back at the box office.

Absolute POO!!

I really enjoyed it.

Yeah i'm a bit 50/50 on where i stand with it. It might of been on this thread i mentioned that it should lead to a decent trilogy, but i thought that if they released a director's cut they could have cleaned up a few sections of the movie but Ridley Scott isn't keen on it. Shame.

Should've just made Alien or Aliens.

As it is this is a poor attempt at not being those movies by taking away all the good stuff from those movies.

This includes.

Good lead character
Alien gun battles
Chest explosions

You can see how they substituted.

It's just not right. They wanted to make "not alien" and ended up with pure garbage.

Watched it again for the first time since opening night. Still as 'meh' as the first time. I thought i needed to watch it again to tie up loose ends, but i couldn't get past how sloppy everything seemed to be thrown together. Scenes looked like they were tacked on and it didn't really flow. I really cringe at the 'abortion' scene and the moments soon after when Shaw enters the room where she meets Weyland where the abortion is conveniently forgotten about, just so they can tie up and ending to the film. I think that sums up the film as a whole for me. With the budget they threw behind the film it definitely is a lot of wasted potential and i can safely say, action or no action, i would have really enjoyed it had they gotten the story right.

I really enjoyed it!! I loved the little nods here and there (some quite subtle) to the original. On the other hand I can not argue with any knocks on the film. It certainly wasn't perfect, and it is hard not to feel let down from what we either were expecting or could see should have been done. But I will still be happy to rewatch..........maybe it's my Fassbender man crush???

Just watched it, interesting film but what a mish mash... Looks bloody fantastic with great direction and I liked the general area that it was moving towards as a whole but some of the characters were inconsistent, undeveloped and at times just flat out stupid. FFS the Biologist guy trying to play with the cobra creature thingy on a distant alien planet like it's some puppy was beyond ridiculous.

Overall the good still outweighed the bad and it is light years ahead of stuff like Resurrection and even the extended A3, but still a missed opportunity. Oh and agree the Fassbender android was great, better than Hendricksen and probably Ian Holm.

Oh and agree the Fassbender android was great, better than Hendricksen and probably Ian Holm.
No way.
Ash owns the 'in the closet' cyborg spot...

3vbdhc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was just on TV, thought I would re-watch to see if had gotten any better than when I saw it at the movies.

Think its actually worse on 2nd viewing, what a trainwreck of a movie. Those characters would have to be the dumbest, most non-believable bunch of 'scientists' and 'professionals' ever committed to film. Oooh look a space cobra, lets pat it. Something weird going on outside? Open the door as your very first course of action. This man is sick, whats our quarantine procedure again? Oh thats right, flamethrower to the face.

Real shame, such a missed opportunity. Not having the balls to set the movie on LV 426 and actually make a proper prequel was a big mistake I think, felt like a cop out.

Real shame, such a missed opportunity. Not having the balls to set the movie on LV 426 and actually make a proper prequel was a big mistake I think, felt like a cop out.
I think that's where it's leading, the Engineer will crash on LV426 in the next movie (or the one after, however many they make).

I really liked it and have watched 7 times.
Yes there is goofs but if you dwell on picking the thing apart because of what you expect and not what you can sit back and enjoy then any film is going to trouble you.
The effects were great and I really felt the sense of total abandonment or emptiness in not knowing who or why we are.

Fwiw i think the cesarian baby scene is one of the most mind blowing things I've seen in sci/fi.

Great science fiction movie for me, whether it be stand alone or not I still really enjoyed it.

I also sing the praises for Avatar even though many complain it was just "Dances with Wolves" in cartoon form but I dont go into these cinemas expecting to see a new Citizen Kane [sic] evey time. Each to their own.

Those characters would have to be the dumbest, most non-believable bunch of 'scientists' and 'professionals' ever committed to film. Oooh look a space cobra, lets pat it.
Did you feel the same way when crew member Kane stuck his face into an alien egg in the original 'Alien' movie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back