• Collingwood

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • The real victory is the friends you make along the way

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 21 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Very ambitious from the Pies bringing in two guys who are coming off long term injuries for a final in Perth.
Not really if they don't play them this week then it would be stupid. They have a free shot at it and worse case is they lose and get a game under their belts. Its all about the end goal and its good selection imo. Still think it wont help them because they won't be winning

Hawks skills fell away under the pressure. But truly, what does Richmond have to do to give away a free kick? Eat one of the umpires?
Free kick count was only 1 apart and I’m pretty sure Richmond have the worst differential in the league.

I’d be interested to know how many times Collingwood have played the Eagles in Perth during home and away seasons.
We always play them there (and may actually request this) but they seem to play us here only every 2-3yrs.
And it used to frustrate me watching Malthouse outcoach Woosha to wins against the odds.

Apparently you lot are playing a final this weekend.
Difficult to know given the amount of press you’ve been given.
Best of luck against the Pies and catch you in the GF:p

Yes, we're acutely aware.

Hope you beat GWS. They haven't done their dues yet.

Apparently you lot are playing a final this weekend.
Difficult to know given the amount of press you’ve been given.
Best of luck against the Pies and catch you in the GF:p
As long as you don't mind being beaten by a point again :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look forward to Goldsack getting a brave and inspirational pantsing from Darling
You guys seem very confident about Darling given:
(a) His record in finals
(b) His record against Alan Toovey who owned his soul - Goldsack is basically identical. I'd venture that Goldsack wouldn't be playing if up we were up against any other team in the comp tbh. Its a bit of a statement from our selection committee tbh.

Game will be won in midfield and Collingwood's half forward. Theoretically if the upfield players put pressure on WC midfield like they're supposed to then the undersized defence doesn't get exposed. That's how its worked all season and we've managed to finish top 4. The Queens Birthday game is how it should work when we crushed Melbourne.

Expect Treloar to start in the goalsquare fwiw.

'
You guys seem very confident about Darling given:
(a) His record in finals
(b) His record against Alan Toovey who owned his soul - Goldsack is basically identical. I'd venture that Goldsack wouldn't be playing if up we were up against any other team in the comp tbh. Its a bit of a statement from our selection committee tbh.

Game will be won in midfield and Collingwood's half forward. Theoretically if the upfield players put pressure on WC midfield like they're supposed to then the undersized defence doesn't get exposed. That's how its worked all season and we've managed to finish top 4. The Queens Birthday game is how it should work when we crushed Melbourne.

Expect Treloar to start in the goalsquare fwiw.
It didn't do you much good the last time we met at the G earlier in the season;)

'

It didn't do you much good the last time we met at the G earlier in the season;)
Yeah our mids and Grundy had a dud day. It will be interesting to see if we make any adjustments. The other key point of difference in that game was that McGovern controlled our forward entries. Mason Cox is going to change the way WC have to defend significantly from the first encounter.

But I'd be very worried that your mids get wiped out. Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Sier, Phillips and De Goey if we see fit is a very stacked midfield. Very unlikely that they have another dirty day like earlier this year.

Last edited:
I’m going with a relatively comfortable win.

• Home game.
  • Goldsack first AFL game after a knee reco
  • Treloar dicky hamstrings, first game back on a bloody hard surface.
  • Pies only just rolled Freo 2 weeks back.
  • Full strength forward line.

Up the Bloody Coasters.

But I'd be very worried that your mids get wiped out. Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Sier, Phillips and De Goey if we see fit is a very stacked midfield. Very unlikely that they have another dirty day like earlier this year.
All ours have to do is break even.

The forward line will take care of the rest.

You should be quite worried about that.

Game Day hell yes.

12 hours to go.... god damn.

Anywho, my predictions...

- Shep to give De Goey a hiding. 5 possessions 1 behind for De Goey
- Cox to be limited to 1 goal
- Hutch to Sidebottom. Keeps him to 20 possessions
- Kennedy 3 goals
- Darling 4
- Rioli, Ryan, Venners, Cripps and Lecca to combine for 10
- Grundy has a brilliant game but WCE make sure magpies only win clearances by 3
- Magpies kick the first 2 goals then the Eagles kick the next 6
- Rioli runs down Treloar. Treloars spirit is broken.
- Pendles tries dodging and weaving and Yeo bulldozes him to the ground.

Eagles by 5 goals

Back