QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know the result of the Beenleigh vs Coorparoo game? Saw Aspley only beat hinterland by a few goals. Moreton getting over Caloundra is an interesting one. Didn’t look like a full strength Caloundra team but still makes you think that Moreton should be in Div 1.
The result went up today. Coorparoo by 5 goals.

Tips for round 1

Coorparoo just get up over Springwood

UQ over Aspley by 5-6 goals

Caloundra to defeat Beenleigh but expect a great contest & would not be shocked to see the buffs sneak away with the Win

aaaaand thats it for Div 1 every week, 3 games to choose from haha

Tips for round 1

Coorparoo just get up over Springwood

UQ over Aspley by 5-6 goals

Caloundra to defeat Beenleigh but expect a great contest & would not be shocked to see the buffs sneak away with the Win

aaaaand thats it for Div 1 every week, 3 games to choose from haha
Amazing how the essentially 2nd tier comp in SEQ only has 7 Teams in it and even then for a while that looked like it wasn’t going to be the case 😂

Springwood over Coorparoo by less than a kick,I think the two games last year between the two finished with a 1 point and 2 point margin both to Springwood so should be an absolute cracker of a game.

UQ over Aspley by 8 goals, UQ have sneakily added some good talent and I just think it’s gonna be a long year for Aspley.

Caloundra over Beenleigh by 4 goals, wouldn’t be surprised to see this game tight till the end and Caloundra just kicking a few late to make the margin a bit bigger.

How good is it to have footy back?
Aspley proved me and a lot of people wrong and look like they won’t be as big a pushover as previously thought. Some very poor kicking though between both Aspley and UQ. Were the conditions poor by any chance?

Beenleigh looked like they were in a strong spot until Caloundra kicked 5 goals straight in the 3rd. Still expect Caloundra to be one of the favourites but expect Beenleigh to be up there as well.

Went and watched Coorparoo vs Springwood and that was a cracker of a game. Very fast paced and good skills all day. Coorparoo came very hard in the 3rd Qtr to within a point but Springwood ran out strong in the last to a good win. Always a very good game between the two clubs.

Thanks to Caloundra for being such a welcoming club, congratulations to their Coach and President.
Super proud of the Buffs today on their first road trip up the coast.
Game was a cracker with 3 points separating the two team 3 or 4 times in the last Qtr with Caloundra getting a few late goals. Looking forward to welcoming the Panthers back at Dauth Park.

Thanks to Caloundra for being such a welcoming club, congratulations to their Coach and President.
Super proud of the Buffs today on their first road trip up the coast.
Game was a cracker with 3 points separating the two team 3 or 4 times in the last Qtr with Caloundra getting a few late goals. Looking forward to welcoming the Panthers back at Dauth Park.

Good bunch of people there Buff.

How good is it to have footy back?
Aspley proved me and a lot of people wrong and look like they won’t be as big a pushover as previously thought. Some very poor kicking though between both Aspley and UQ. Were the conditions poor by any chance?

Beenleigh looked like they were in a strong spot until Caloundra kicked 5 goals straight in the 3rd. Still expect Caloundra to be one of the favourites but expect Beenleigh to be up there as well.

Went and watched Coorparoo vs Springwood and that was a cracker of a game. Very fast paced and good skills all day. Coorparoo came very hard in the 3rd Qtr to within a point but Springwood ran out strong in the last to a good win. Always a very good game between the two clubs.
And a cracker of a game it was and with returning players such as Fris, 5 goals, Hunt and Sponneck two tall defenders certainly changed our height in backline. A fit Rhan Hooper and Mitch Stansborough a former team mate of Nick Proud in Mackay gives the mid field more depth. Stefan Kaldis also new to the Club but the X factor is big Dominic Wili in the Ruck who was in great form in the Ruck against GRENFULL who was good for Coorparoo and Rucked all year for St Marys in they recent season in Darwin. Still room for improvement as I am sure you will agree but in blazing heat the game was a great reminder of how food Div 1 footy is. Any one who wrote Springwood off on this site do it at your own peril because another big game at home against Caloundra looming and will be another cracker to watch.

And a cracker of a game it was and with returning players such as Fris, 5 goals, Hunt and Sponneck two tall defenders certainly changed our height in backline. A fit Rhan Hooper and Mitch Stansborough a former team mate of Nick Proud in Mackay gives the mid field more depth. Stefan Kaldis also new to the Club but the X factor is big Dominic Wili in the Ruck who was in great form in the Ruck against GRENFULL who was good for Coorparoo and Rucked all year for St Marys in they recent season in Darwin. Still room for improvement as I am sure you will agree but in blazing heat the game was a great reminder of how food Div 1 footy is. Any one who wrote Springwood off on this site do it at your own peril because another big game at home against Caloundra looming and will be another cracker to watch.
Coorparoo were definitely a much bigger team than Springwood. Springwood pressure throughout the ground was fantastic. Looking at the points it seemed the Coorparoo list was maxed out whilst Springwood had plenty to spare. Anyone from the pumas due to come back yet or was that the full strength team?

Coorparoo were definitely a much bigger team than Springwood. Springwood pressure throughout the ground was fantastic. Looking at the points it seemed the Coorparoo list was maxed out whilst Springwood had plenty to spare. Anyone from the pumas due to come back yet or was that the full strength team?
There was some suggestion that Full Forward Jordan Bain may be a return depending on work commitments and a player that is new to the Club that has played Senior AFL Cairns footy and Morningside Reserves who played in the Reserves will press for selection. Regular Full Back Josh Sutton will come back at some stage after a hammy and Nate Murcutt who has played both CHB and CHF is still over coming a nasty ankle from last year so pressure on at some stage for spots. Ironically there are maxed out for points and rumour has it asked for a points increase, give me a break

Springwood not exactly a happy hunting ground for Panthers in recent years
Panthers always seemed to play at Springwood on the Indigenous round for which the Pumas always turn it up to another level. Fortunately for the Panthers it’s not the Indigenous round this time around.

There was some suggestion that Full Forward Jordan Bain may be a return depending on work commitments and a player that is new to the Club that has played Senior AFL Cairns footy and Morningside Reserves who played in the Reserves will press for selection. Regular Full Back Josh Sutton will come back at some stage after a hammy and Nate Murcutt who has played both CHB and CHF is still over coming a nasty ankle from last year so pressure on at some stage for spots. Ironically there are maxed out for points and rumour has it asked for a points increase, give me a break

Rumour has it? 🤣
Good one

fingers crossed coorparoo get approved for your points increase because after 1 game it appears they are in for a long year 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it? 🤣
Good one

fingers crossed coorparoo get approved for your points increase because after 1 game it appears they are in for a long year

Why should they get extra points. I hear because of their recruiting campaign they played 3-4 players that are 4 points in their reserves. Crazy stuff if true. Good way to have juniors and colts go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why should they get extra points. I hear because of their recruiting campaign they played 3-4 players that are 4 points in their reserves. Crazy stuff if true. Good way to have juniors and colts go elsewhere

Yeah the points system is all about organising your list now - put your best 22 together and see how it stacks up with the knowledge that you will rarely have your best 22 fit and available. But if it is then you need to be aware.

why would they leave if the 3-4 players with high points players 2s, that would mean more local and junior players got a game in the seniors.

why would they leave if the 3-4 players with high points players 2s, that would mean more local and junior players got a game in the seniors.

Not when you still play 7 x 4 pointers in the seniors as on Saturday. I’m thinking they might see very limited opportunities. Out of interest how many of last years colts played in the seniors or reserves on Saturday?

Not when you still play 7 x 4 pointers in the seniors as on Saturday. I’m thinking they might see very limited opportunities. Out of interest how many of last years colts played in the seniors or reserves on Saturday?

Seniors had 3 colts from last year and one U16s player. 2s had at least 3 play. We can only pick the players that have committed to play in 2021.

what are you trying to say all the colts from last year have left because they aren’t getting a game with all the new players that wanted to play for us.

Last edited:
Seniors had 3 colts from last year and one U16s player. 2s had at least 3 play. We can only pick the players that have committed to play in 2021.

what are you trying to say all the colts from last year have left because they aren’t getting a game with all the new players that wanted to play for us.

No idea goalkicker. I just wonder why you would go and recruit so many 4 point players knowing that if everyone stays healthy you have to play and possibly pay some of them for playing in the reserves. Maybe I am wrong here but I think home grown talent across many clubs is disappearing at a fast rate of knots in place of short term recruitment for short term success. Clubs are even now recruiting the best kids in juniors to try to keep points down moving forward

No idea goalkicker. I just wonder why you would go and recruit so many 4 point players knowing that if everyone stays healthy you have to play and possibly pay some of them for playing in the reserves. Maybe I am wrong here but I think home grown talent across many clubs is disappearing at a fast rate of knots in place of short term recruitment for short term success. Clubs are even now recruiting the best kids in juniors to try to keep points down moving forward

i would say if you are writing contracts that pay blokes for 2s games then you should let someone else take over & players would be made aware of the there place before making the move.

2 years ago it was called recruiting & now its apparently crushing juniors dreams.
Noosa i am sure going back before the system was introduced in qld had there fair share of 4 pointers, now they are in the qafl providing a pathway to the top for there juniors.

i would say if you are writing contracts that pay blokes for 2s games then you should let someone else take over & players would be made aware of the there place before making the move.

2 years ago it was called recruiting & now its apparently crushing juniors dreams.
Noosa i am sure going back before the system was introduced in qld had there fair share of 4 pointers, now they are in the qafl providing a pathway to the top for there juniors.

Just to clarify, I am not saying that reserves players are getting paid but it could be a possibility that it could end up that way if you have 10+ four point players in your squad.

Tips for the weekend

Springwood over Caloundra by 2 Goals
Coorparoo over UQ By 6 goals
Mayne over Aspley by 9 Goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back