Question about Cronje

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2003
paradise
Other Teams
the best
I read recently where he reportedly said he was possessed by the devil and teammates described him as having a pathological obsession with money to the extent that he could only eat out at Burger King rather than restaurants because they were a waste of money. There was also some suggestion that he got on that plane (as the only passenger), which subsequently crashed in mysterious circumstances because it got a free flight. He also at one point called a meeting of his teammates to discuss throwing a match with some of them reporting to feeling ill listening to him. Is this true or some concoction of the truth?

Just curious really. I remember the gambling scandal but didn't read much about it at the time. But given that they are making a film about Cronje I just wondered what was truth or fiction about the various allegations that get thrown around.

Ice goddess said:
There was also some suggestion that he got on that plane (as the only passenger), which subsequently crashed in mysterious circumstances because it got a free flight.
I'd hardly call it mysterious crashing into the side of a mountain during a dense lightning storm.

year of the roo said:
Who cares? And why would you come on here trying to find the truth on something? What makes you think anyone on here knows anything more than you do?
Someone might no a bit about it. There's no harm in asking.

Ice goddess said:
I read recently where he reportedly said he was possessed by the devil and teammates described him as having a pathological obsession with money to the extent that he could only eat out at Burger King rather than restaurants because they were a waste of money.

True.

There was also some suggestion that he got on that plane (as the only passenger), which subsequently crashed in mysterious circumstances because it got a free flight.

Dunno if true, why get on a flight for no reason though?

He also at one point called a meeting of his teammates to discuss throwing a match with some of them reporting to feeling ill listening to him. Is this true or some concoction of the truth?

Very much true.

Hoggy said:
True.

Dunno if true, why get on a flight for no reason though?

Very much true.

Thanks, and I did some research re. the plane flight. Evidently it is regarded as mysterious by some of the pilots in that areas because there are lots of flights in similar conditions and none have come to grief. Could be a decent conspiracy theory though.

its fair to say cronje took a lot of secrets to the grave with him. hopefully one day the truth comes up regarding peoples real involvement in match fixing

South Africa has a history of strange captains. Cronje and now Smith. Why can't they have someone decent or normal like Boucher or Pollock take over? Who is to say what Smith will get up to in the series in South Africa.

pollock was the captain and was was made the scapegoat for south africas debacle of a world cup in 2003. their choking in 03 surpassed that of 99.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back