Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

I did a search for defence and selected This Forum on the Port board and only one post came up. I also searched by thread title tickeed the box, and used "This forum" and nothing came up. I was looking for this thread

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...pafc-the-future-of-the-port-district.1161888/

I only found by clicking on a couple of difference thread prefixs I thought were relevant and found it under the Strategy prefix.
Thanks I will check it out.

Chief is the search function not working properly or is just me?
Thanks I will check it out.

At 6:02am our 36GB of search indices was destroyed. For reasons. That might become apparent. Possibly it was the glacier.

A rebuild has been kicked off and will be complete overnight. The indexing starts from the late 1990s and works forward.

So in the meantime, make yourself a nice cup of tea, slip in some shoulder pads, and in between watching re-runs of Star Trek: The Next Generation please enjoy a selected range of old posts.

Regards, TechFerret

Big footy is the only site on my tablet thatvtakes an eternity to post on
Words take ages to appear when typing and sometimes it will just stop typing and the keyboard will drop out
No other forum does it
I've had the prob for ages
On my phone, no probs at all

using chrome and not using the big footy app
Suggestions ?
Do I need to clear something in the background?
I cleared cache but nothing seems to have changed

Big footy is the only site on my tablet thatvtakes an eternity to post on
Words take ages to appear when typing and sometimes it will just stop typing and the keyboard will drop out
No other forum does it
I've had the prob for ages
On my phone, no probs at all

using chrome and not using the big footy app
Suggestions ?
Do I need to clear something in the background?
I cleared cache but nothing seems to have changed
Do you have lots of windows open? Lots of apps? What sort of tablet?

No other windows open
Samsung tab A model T550
Prob fifty apps I guess, most were built in looking at the list

Never used to do this
Started about a year ago maybe??
Would go ok then massive lag when typing with keyboard shutting down on the screen
Just cleared cache again checked app permissions etc
Updates all done

Only this forum does it
It's got to the stage where I read on the tablet for the bigger screen yet then use the phone to post

No other windows open
Samsung tab A model T550

Never used to do this
Would go ok then massive lag when typing with keyboard shutting down on the screen
Updates all done

Only this forum does it
It's got to the stage where I read on the tablet for the bigger screen yet then use the phone to post
Have you tried the app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.bigfootycomforum&hl=en

No offence but I hate the app
Looks rubbish and is a pain to navigate
Would rather be via a browser 10000%

It's only this site that lags and the keyboard drops off when it wants to

Did it four times posting this message that has taken a couple mins to reply
There is a new version out have you tried it?

Yup
grabbed it from the app store
Do not like

For the life of me I can't see why it's only this forum
Somethings effecting this site only on my tablet

I'll keep posting on the phone for now
Have you tried different browsers on your tablet?

No other windows open
Samsung tab A model T550

Never used to do this
Updates all done

Only this forum does it

Hmmm, we moved to XenForo 2.0 about six months ago and it's completely different codebase (unfortunately). What hasn't changed is our AWS infrastructure (although we've upgraded the hardware a few times) and latency tests show it's fairly quick. Having said that, XenForo is (again, unfortunately) a desktop site that responsively adapts to mobile devices (rather than the other way around). Best I can suggest is you try some different browsers (um, Chrome, Opera, Brave...) and see if there's any difference.

Regards, TF

I just noticed the 'thread marks' feature...Is that for mods only only to set? It is particularly handy in long video game pre launch threads.

Also the cover images for threads look fantastic on mobile, but pretty ordinary on PC. Is there away to provide more control over the shape/size of the cover image?

1. Yes. Mods should keep an eye on those sorts of threads and add threadmarks.

2. No we don’t have that control nor will we be putting resources into it. I will ask the add on creator though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a thread on the bay that I cant see when I'm actually on the bay, but can see the title from the main menu page as it was the last thread posted in. Why is that?
Started by someone you are ignoring?

This has probably already been asked but can we ease the gif limitations a little. I'd say half the gifs i used to use no longer load.
The limitations haven’t changed that I know of.

What isn’t loading? How are you embedding them? On mobile or desktop?

The limitations haven’t changed that I know of.

What isn’t loading? How are you embedding them? On mobile or desktop?

Hi Chief. On mobile. I'm finding that the ones i used to use that are greater than 3MB are a real struggle. I would say that i have at least half a dozen gifs that i used prior to the major upgrade that i just don't even bother trying anymore because they seem to time out, ending up with a greyed out file name with a line through it.

Hi Chief. On mobile. I'm finding that the ones i used to use that are greater than 3MB are a real struggle. I would say that i have at least half a dozen gifs that i used prior to the major upgrade that i just don't even bother trying anymore because they seem to time out, ending up with a greyed out file name with a line through it.
Do you have a link to any of them on the web that I can test out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back