Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

How do I embed a short 5 sec video I have on my iPhone ? Thanks
Should be able to just click Attach Files when you post.

Or you can upload to the Media Gallery and then link in a post.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Is anyone else experiencing problems trying to post in threads when using the Bigfooty app on AppLe devices?
I can access the boards and read content, but am unable to post replies; usingiPhone and Ipad. I‘ve noticed this issue after recently updating to IOS 13.1.2.

Is anyone else experiencing problems trying to post in threads when using the Bigfooty app on AppLe devices?
I can access the boards and read content, but am unable to post replies; usingiPhone and Ipad. I‘ve noticed this issue after recently updating to IOS 13.1.2.
Hi - best to try contacting support@tapatalk.com

I will give it a go on my iphone

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
3 or 4 times now when on big footy (hasn't happened on another website yet) my browser just redirects to a Mac support site saying I have a virus.

Could this be somehow bigfooty related? I don't use a lot of websites but like I said it hasn't happened on any other website yet which makes me think it's not my actual laptop.

3 or 4 times now when on big footy (hasn't happened on another website yet) my browser just redirects to a Mac support site saying I have a virus.

Could this be somehow bigfooty related? I don't use a lot of websites but like I said it hasn't happened on any other website yet which makes me think it's not my actual laptop.
If you can get a screengrab of the page, the URL etc I can fire it off to the ad networks.

They seem to have new methods for detecting rogue ads so they may have already killed it.

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
If you can get a screengrab of the page, the URL etc I can fire it off to the ad networks.

They seem to have new methods for detecting rogue ads so they may have already killed it.

I can try but after it comes up it then has the pop up come up so I close down the whole browser. So it initially goes to the website that says I have a virus that looks like a legit Mac support website, but then a pop up appears that looks like one of those things you'll never be able to click out of.

It's just weird that so far it's only happening on bigfooty. Not youtube, reddit or the other 2-3 sites I use (but I don't use them anywhere near as much).

Chief is there an issue with changing avatars ? I am on Windows 8 laptop using Chrome to access the site and it seems the Choose File option allows you to you find a JPEG on your desktop but when you open it it doesnt appear in the top left of the screen.

Given you cant pickup a new av image you cant change the current one.

A couple of others on the SFA board are currently seeing this issue.

Chief is there an issue with changing avatars ? I am on Windows 8 laptop using Chrome to access the site and it seems the Choose File option allows you to you find a JPEG on your desktop but when you open it it doesnt appear in the top left of the screen.

Might be due to server changes today. TechFerret is unavailable until tomorrow but this ping should alert him to check it out.

Do you get any error message?

How big is the file?

Sorry - edited it - do you get any error messages?

How big is the file? Can you attack it to a post in here so I can have a look?

Sorry - edited it - do you get any error messages?

How big is the file? Can you attack it to a post in here so I can have a look?
No error message displayed , the file is an 80K JPEG.

MC.jpg

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Sorry about that one, Chief AceAndy I've rolled back a caching change made today, perhaps overly aggressive/optimistic. Since the rollback I have been able to change my avatar to something else then back again. Can you please confirm if it's now working for you?

Regards, TF

Sorry about that one, Chief AceAndy I've rolled back a caching change made today, perhaps overly aggressive/optimistic. Since the rollback I have been able to change my avatar to something else then back again. Can you please confirm if it's now working for you?

Regards, TF
Hi TF,

I have just been able to successfully change my av to the JPEG i have attached above.

Thanks for your assistance in resolving this. :thumbsu:

Cheers,
AA

Having a lot of issues with the site in Chrome. Pretty much every page goes unresponsive. Did everything on my end to try and fix, but no luck.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Having a lot of issues with the site in Chrome. Pretty much every page goes unresponsive. Did everything on my end to try and fix, but no luck.
When did the problem start?
Desktop or mobile? PC/Mac/Android/iPhone? Tried any other browsers?

Regards, TF

Back