Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
When quoting posts with player names in it, I sometimes seem to get a weird replication of the stats instead of just the player name.

Using Chrome
That should be fixed now. That is, any new posts/replies shouldn't have that junk in it. Please let me know if any other issues.

Regards, TF

Hey admins, I was under the assumption that being a former mod I'd have some sort of access where adverts were removed - which is how it has been up until about a month ago. Now I can't navigate a page without clicking on some sort of ad. Can you please advise? Thanks

Hey admins, I was under the assumption that being a former mod I'd have some sort of access where adverts were removed - which is how it has been up until about a month ago. Now I can't navigate a page without clicking on some sort of ad. Can you please advise? Thanks
When a mod retires they get 5 years of Platinum membership.

Oct 2014 yours was awarded and now, old friend, it’s time has run out.

When a mod retires they get 5 years of Platinum membership.

Oct 2014 yours was awarded and now, old friend, it’s time has run out.

Ahhhh no worries, thanks for the that. How much is a membership these days?

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Chief

Agent93 mentioned to me a few weeks ago that my tables in archive threads are not able to be seen. He was on Firefox, made the switch to Chrome and they worked (IIRC).

Ant Bear tells (and shows) me he is on Chrome, and has tried on desktop, phone and iPad to no result.

The related thread - but it is reportedly the same for all the archive threads with similar tables. I have never had an issue with them displaying.

Chief

Agent93 mentioned to me a few weeks ago that my tables in archive threads are not able to be seen. He was on Firefox, made the switch to Chrome and they worked (IIRC).

Ant Bear tells (and shows) me he is on Chrome, and has tried on desktop, phone and iPad to no result.

The related thread - but it is reportedly the same for all the archive threads with similar tables. I have never had an issue with them displaying.
It’s because you’ve used “collapse” on the table.

I need to figure out how to fix it. It’s a styling issue.

I removed “collapse” from the table and it is OK.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chief What's with the speed issues in the last hour or so? Incredibly slow.
We have had some underlying hardware issues, not our fault - will be working with our provider to resolve. *sad ferret face*

At this stage we've worked out a way to recover, but causes 1-2 minute total outage. Hopefully we'll have a better solution by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!

TF

We have had some underlying hardware issues, not our fault - will be working with our provider to resolve. *sad ferret face*

At this stage we've worked out a way to recover, but causes 1-2 minute total outage. Hopefully we'll have a better solution by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!

TF
1-2 minutes? It went down twice today and both times I wasted a good half an hour trying to get things to load. Wasn't s**t hot in between either.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The Brad Crouch news melted the Adelaide Board and topped up with the US Election - I assume things got a little bit Star Trek

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
1-2 minutes? It went down twice today and both times I wasted a good half an hour trying to get things to load. Wasn't sh*t hot in between either.
The reboots were 1-2 minutes, the performance degradation lasted hours. It's much cleaner today. Fingers crossed that we have finally, once-and-for-all, never-ever-again, resolved all performance issues. Forever. And ever.

Apologies for the lost half-an-hour. Chief is offering conciliatory "Drink And Jig" vouchers in kind. I recommend the drink, but not the jig.

Regards, TF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the ability to paste images into the reply box been disabled?
No.

Is the little cog up on the far right red? If so, you’re in plain text mode so many things might not work.

No.

Is the little cog up on the far right red? If so, you’re in plain text mode so many things might not work.
Thats exactly what it was. Thanks.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I'm getting intermittent speed issues that I think are related to some ads. The NAB one is definitely a culprit - every time it pops up at the bottom the page everything runs super slow, even if I close the ad.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can someone please change "wilfully" to "willingly" in this thread title of mine? Thanks. I can't change it because it's a poll thread. There's a difference, and it's annoying me. Ha. :grinv1:

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I'm getting intermittent speed issues that I think are related to some ads. The NAB one is definitely a culprit - every time it pops up at the bottom the page everything runs super slow, even if I close the ad.
Chief

It's definitely the nab ad that is the problem, just slows down everything whenever it appears. Can you feed back to the ad people?

Edit: this is on Android mobile with Chrome browser.

Chief

It's definitely the nab ad that is the problem, just slows down everything whenever it appears. Can you feed back to the ad people?

Edit: this is on Android mobile with Chrome browser.
COuld you screen grab the ad? I don't know the one.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
COuld you screen grab the ad? I don't know the one.
Screenshot_20201123-125830_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back