Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do I sometimes have problems posting links from Anthony Colpo's site?

This happens:

OSqyR0N.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Thanks.
So, I gather then that it stuffs it up for everyone. I'll delete it. In case you forget, and are interested, :tongueoutv1: it's Anthony Colpo's website
If you remove the UNFURL bit, that fixes it.

Attachments

• E283A226-C1BD-4E94-B80B-1B1A24242AE7.jpeg
    E283A226-C1BD-4E94-B80B-1B1A24242AE7.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 67
Suggestion: a fluorescent marker editing tool function. So as to allow highlighting of quoted text within context of entire quoted text. If there is a fluorescent marker function do point me to it.

Suggestion: a fluorescent marker editing tool function. So as to allow highlighting of quoted text within context of entire quoted text. If there is a fluorescent marker function do point me to it.
You can highlight text and hit the pop-out Reply option to quote only that piece of text in your reply. That or using bold or changing the text colour in the editor are about the closest you will get.

What browser/version and device/operating system are you using?
I would try a couple of things:

Try another browser. Does it still happen? Another device?

Do you have JavaScript switched off? Google your browser name + disable JavaScript

Clear your browser cookies. Again, Google for this.
Privacy add ons and settings can block links to tweets from embedding on the site
In Firefox you see a link to tweet so you have to open it on twitter to avoid the Twitter trackers following you on BF depending on your security settings

Thanks for the suggestion guys, turned out to be my pi-hole. Kind of strange as I'm fairly sure I had it working while I've had pi-hole running and haven't added to the list but for anyone else that might come to the same issue, white listing bigfooty fixed it.

Trivial yes: but is there a feature available on this site to automatically combine double up posts into one post. Sometimes I think of something new to add to the conversation and i've got back to back posts in the thread.

Trivial yes: but is there a feature available on this site to automatically combine double up posts into one post. Sometimes I think of something new to add to the conversation and i've got back to back posts in the thread.
Have you tried editing your first post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon there might be an addon out there, but this software doesn't do it off the bat.

testing

I don't think I can delete the "unfurl=true" bit from the url. Either way, it's not stuffing up the page this time

Last edited:
Why am i getting error msgs when attempting to post- not just a one off. Is happening all morning

Can confirm it’s not just you. It is posting, but shows an error instead of showing the post as usual. It means quite a few people have been posting the same post more than once.

(I’m just saying it’s an issue, I’m not part of the solution!)

Dodgy addon update. I’ve disabled the addon but you won’t get alerts about posts by people you follow.
The alerts for posts by users you follow will return. Just have to back that addon out of the mess it is in. Should happen in the next day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back