Quickest consequtive goals

Remove this Banner Ad

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
What's the fastest time ever for a side to kick two goals in sucession?

This means two goals, not a goal, then a goal from the ensuing centre bounce makes two goals. I mean a centre bounce, instant goal, then do it all again.

Probably some Carlton side between 1979 and 83.
When they turned it on they really turned in on during amazing bursts.
When that mosquito fleet got on a roll, no stopping them kick a few goals very quickly,

I saw Greg Kennedy (Carlton) kick two against Geelong at Kardinia Park in the 1970's.

Kennedy took a mark in the opening minute then got the next one after he was infringed just after the Umpire gave the All Clear so was given a second kick.

Keep watching. I can assure you there are four goals kicked in 69 seconds of playing time.

Yeah, you are probably right after watching the whole thing.
Seen that happen a number of times in different games over the years when teams get a run on of 3 or 4 goals. One game I will never forget I was ready to go out to my mates Dad's car to beat the traffic. We were probably 15 points down and probably beyond 30 minute mark of last quarter so I had figured certainly over. My mate and his Dad wanted to stay to final siren. My team proceeded to kick 3 goals without North touching the ball and we won. Probably only 40 seconds of actually playing time at most in when it happened.

Fun when it happens.

Seniors - perennial battlers East Launceston were taking it right up to reigning premiers North Launceston in 1984 one day, narrowly in front early in the third. North then banged on ten goals in seven minutes and that was that...I might have left early, wouldn't have been the first time...!

In junior footy, a team kicked 111 goals once in Victoria. You wouldn't think they were spread out at exactly one every minute, there must have been bursts of very quick scoring...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood's 2011 side had six instances of kicking 7+ goals in the final quarter of matches (including two instances of 10+). They would cruise along for a quarter or two, keeping the opposition at arm's length, then just bang on a few in quick succession in the last to kill the game. Without remembering exactly, I imagine there was a fair few scored in short succession.

Collingwood's 2011 side had six instances of kicking 7+ goals in the final quarter of matches (including two instances of 10+). They would cruise along for a quarter or two, keeping the opposition at arm's length, then just bang on a few in quick succession in the last to kill the game. Without remembering exactly, I imagine there was a fair few scored in short succession.
The Adelaide game stands out. The one where Krakouer took mark of the year.

I left the room for ten mins, and the Pies had gone from three goals down to five goals up.

The Adelaide game stands out. The one where Krakouer took mark of the year.

I left the room for ten mins, and the Pies had gone from three goals down to five goals up.
You can see the "scoring progression" here:- https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/010420110522.html

The last 6 Collingwood goals came in 8 mins 27 secs, and they scored 11.2 (to 0.1) in 22 mins 30 secs, before Adelaide scored a behind to finish the game.

I remember there was a Bulldogs v Richmond game a few years ago where the Bulldogs scored 4 in quick succession to draw level, think the last one was scored by Brian Lake.

I remember there was a Bulldogs v Richmond game a few years ago where the Bulldogs scored 4 in quick succession to draw level, think the last one was scored by Brian Lake.
Could this 2008 game be the one you are thinking of?:- https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2008/071420080420.html

Lake did kick a goal for the Bulldogs, but it was the game's very first. They scored a rushed behind then three goals in (fairly quick) succession to draw the game. Will Minson got the last one. You can see the "scoring progression" at the bottom of the page.

There were only two other (Bulldogs) games where Lake scored goals against the Tigers, but both were very one-sided.

Could this 2008 game be the one you are thinking of?:- https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2008/071420080420.html

Lake did kick a goal for the Bulldogs, but it was the game's very first. They scored a rushed behind then three goals in (fairly quick) succession to draw the game. Will Minson got the last one. You can see the "scoring progression" at the bottom of the page.

There were only two other (Bulldogs) games where Lake scored goals against the Tigers, but both were very one-sided.
He was referring to Lake taking a contested mark about 45m out from goal when the Tigers were six points up. Lake faked an injury, stayed down on the ground, was carried off by trainers. Minson took the shot at goal, kicked it to draw level, and Lake was up and about, celebrating like he was Iron Man.

I remember two Richmond supporters in front of me. One of them said to the other, "I can't remember the last time we have won two games in a row - finally, we break the curse."

That's when the Tigers were about four goals up with six or seven minutes remaining. I'm not sure if that was funnier, or Nathan Brown celebrating a draw as the siren sounded.

He was referring to Lake taking a contested mark about 45m out from goal when the Tigers were six points up. Lake faked an injury, stayed down on the ground, was carried off by trainers. Minson took the shot at goal, kicked it to draw level, and Lake was up and about, celebrating like he was Iron Man.
And didn't they try to palm the kick off to Lindsey Gilbee since he was one of the best kicks in the comp, guess the ump thought it would be fairer if Minson took the shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back