R Palmer

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockers may as well get rid of him. the only thing he did all year was break Barlows Leg ! ... And what was he doing there anyway ! He has cost the Dockers Big Time.

He is only a Good Midfielder in Crap Team. West Coast will take him ... he is best mates with Masten. You can tell they taught each other to kick !
In my (biased) opinion Masten is a better kick than Palmer.

Worst rumour I've heard since the last one I heard on 6pr.

Contracted ball magnet in a team that, yes, has done well without him but still don't exactly have a lot of midfield depth.

His first year was exceptionally good, he has struggled a bit coming back from a knee reconstruction but 95% of players do.

My opinion - there is no chance Harvey "doesn't rate him", and there is no chance he is not in Freo's plans for the future. Just like there is no chance Akermanis is going to be picked up by the Gold Coast, and there was no chance Malthouse to Richmond was a "done deal" last year. But keep 'em coming 6pr :thumbsu:

It has to be said that it is interesting that he has been dropped.

I realise this year was all about getting some games into him and next year after pre season he should be ok.

What i want to know is anyone know anything about Barlows comeback?

Masten kicks ball like he's trying to kick a pillow through a doorway.

Palmer kicks the same only he gets it through the doorway 4 out of 10 times to Mastens 0.

Keplar slots the pillow every time!

I'm a massive Myers fan but you can't exactly say he's got Palmer covered at this stage.

Both have been pretty disappointing (injuries playing their part in both cases)

If you look at it all 4 of the WA boys picked in the first 7 (Masten, Morton, Myers, Palmer) have had less then stellar years

Could be some truth to this. Word about town is that he doesn't like being dropped to the WAFL one bit, and thinks it is below him.....

To be honest with Barlow coming back in next year I can see him spending some serious time in the WAFL, I would have thought the club would want to hang on to him as a solid depth player but seems to be rapidly becoming the new schammer imho....

Why would he be upset at no chances or not rated when he was in the team as soon as he was ready also he would know himself as well as being told his form wasn't good enough when he was dropped
Schammer and are good examples of players possible not rated as they have had good form in the WAFL and not been selected.

Could be some truth to this. Word about town is that he doesn't like being dropped to the WAFL one bit, and thinks it is below him.....

To be honest with Barlow coming back in next year I can see him spending some serious time in the WAFL, I would have thought the club would want to hang on to him as a solid depth player but seems to be rapidly becoming the new schammer imho....

Barlow coming back will merely allow Pav to play forward.

Palmer will be better next season after his knee, the one thing that worries me is his attitude.
We've seen deBoer's kicking improve this season, and that would have been down to one thing. Hard work.

Could we say the same for Rhys's kicking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6PR don't have the Eagles to pander to, so they stick the boots into us.

How unusual.:rolleyes:

Let me guess, it was our biggest fan, Poida Vlaaaaaaahos.

Apparantley wants to come to Adelaide.

Why would he? Nothing against Adelaide, but it would be very strange for a Perth boy with no connection to Adelaide to request a trade there in only his third year.

If he did want out (which I'm finding hard to believe) surely he would choose a Victorian based club to give Fremantle a better chance at securing suitable compensation? I dare say a number of Victorian clubs would be interested if he was on the market.

Obviously biased, may as well say Ebert is a better kick as well lol.

Totally agree with the Schammer comment, in fact I posted something along these lines on the Freo board last week he was turning into Schammer the second. Skills have never been great, was a high possession winner in a midfield of no one. Not hard to look outstanding in the midfield we had in his debut year.

Why would he be upset at no chances or not rated when he was in the team as soon as he was ready also he would know himself as well as being told his form wasn't good enough when he was dropped
Schammer and are good examples of players possible not rated as they have had good form in the WAFL and not been selected.

He was included in the side when ready because of his debut season but as posted above it is very easy to think he was outstanding that year when in actual fact he wasn't that great. Hawthorn supporters will most likely agree with me as they were the ones trying to get Cyril across the line as the winner of Rising Star. Schammer's form in the WAFL is just like his AFL form, wins the ball back cannot hit a target to save his life. This is the reason Schammer, Dodd, Hinkley and co have not featured much this year.

IMO if Fremantle are offered something decent then let him go. If he has asked to leave then piss him off, no room for players who dont want to be at the club. Interesting to see what Adelaide can offer apart from Griffen in a Trade. I hear Van Berlo goes OK :D

By the way, I heard it on 6pr this morning. I was a caller ringing in suggesting this 'rumour'. Gossage and Beaumont pretty much dismissed it. Not that either of those two know their ar*eho*es from their elbows anyway....

Dockers may as well get rid of him. the only thing he did all year was break Barlows Leg ! ... And what was he doing there anyway ! He has cost the Dockers Big Time.

He is only a Good Midfielder in Crap Team. West Coast will take him ... he is best mates with Masten. You can tell they taught each other to kick !

bite your tongue we already have masten we dont need his mate:eek:

If he really did want out, then why wouldn't his first choice be West Coast? Supported the club as a kid, best mate plays there, stays in Perth, et cetera.

Probably wants to go to a club where he's got a chance of winning a game or two. Unfortunately that rules us out as well.:(

Probably wants to go to a club where he's got a chance of winning a game or two. Unfortunately that rules us out as well.:(

As long as we play Essendon twice again next year we're guaranteed of at least 2 wins ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back