Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Worrell (injured), McHenry, Smith, Jones, Nankervis (sub)
In: Nankervis, Schoenberg, Ryan, Dowling, Jones (sub)
The odds of that scenario happening are probably similar to the odds of predicting the quadrella of the premier league winner, championship winner, league 1 winner and league 2 winner in the UK...or kicking the footy through the basketball hoop at half time

Out: Worrell (injured), McHenry, Smith, Jones, Nankervis (sub)
In: Nankervis, Schoenberg, Ryan, Dowling, Jones (sub)

I applaud posters who can continue to post the changes they feel should occur. My spirit was crushed a year or 2 back.

Out - Worrell, Curtin, Ned to sub
In - Nank, Murphy, Borlase

What was the experience differential by the way?

How'd Curtin go by the way? I missed the start of the game.
See Scorpus posts? We were significantly down on experience but still drew.

Do you think Smith replacing Nank made our side better?

As for Curtin, you talking about the guy who has played 3/4s of a game before this one?

I’ll give you some credit, you’ve shown your face even though we didn’t win, but then again we didn’t lose either ….

In - Schoenberg
Out - Worrell :)

We don't need to go taller against the Pies with Mihocek out.

Would restructure up the defence.
Laird in for experience, Smith to a wing.
Jones back to defence as doesn't have the same running power since his foot injury.
Hinge plays deeper.

Sholl, Nankervis & Smith as main wingmen.

Schoenberg comes in as part of midfield & forward rotations.
Dowling next in.

McHenry is more effective as sub.

B: Michaelanny, Butts, Hinge
HB: Laird, Keane, Curtin
C: Sholl, Soligo, Nankervis
HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
F: Cook, Fogarty, Himmelberg
R: O’Brien, Dawson, Rankine
I: Jones, Crouch, Smith, Schoenberg
Sub: McHenry

I think vs Collingwood forward line, we won't replace Worrell with a tall. It'll be Murphy.

Prediction:
Out: Worrell
In: Murphy

What I'd like to see

Out: Worrell, McHenry, Smith
In: Schoenberg, Dowling, Ryan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out cook 🙄 who wants someone who doesn’t panic anyway.
Better to have panic merchants with s**t skills.
Who has more effective possessions - the inexperienced Cook, 100 gamer Murphy or the shape keeper?

Zero shots on goal, 1 tackle (zero I50), woeful pressure acts for the game. 11 disposals, 7 of them handballs often to players under pressure. 1 x I50 entry, 2 score involvements. Had 1-2 good moments but let's be honest, Pedlar is coming back in as soon as humanly available as a forward option.
Same pressure acts as the hard nut jones.

Does anyone know what a pressure act is?

I'd love two Champion Data stats guys to be placed in separate soundproof booths and watch the same few minutes of footage, then compare results

Does anyone know what a pressure act is?

I'd love two Champion Data stats guys to be placed in separate soundproof booths and watch the same few minutes of footage, then compare results
They do have definitions of the five types of 'pressure acts':
  • 'Implied' pressure, which is reducing an opponent's decision making time without physical contact.
  • 'Corralling' pressure, which is occupying space in front of the ball carrier to prevent them moving forward.
  • 'Chasing' pressure, which is what it sounds like: applying pressure from behind while gaining ground and hurrying the ball carrier.
  • 'Closing' pressure, which is a higher impact version of corralling in which the pressuring player is about to make contact as the ball carrier disposes of the ball, forcing them to dispose of it immediately.
  • 'Physical' pressure, which is making contact with the ball carrier as they dispose of the ball, or effecting a tackle.
Each of them has points ratings which combine to make a pressure points score, which I think is how they come up with the pressure gauge stuff.

So make of that what you will...

Drop ROB. - won't happen

Drop Smith - won't happen

Who gives a s**t what they do with selection next week. They'll never not pick these players.
Mmmmm, all that so necessary experience, plus Murphy over 100 games, Ned over 60 games, now that's valuable to the team - NOT!

Our bottom half dozen is where we lose out the the better teams except this week Pies are putting a VFL side on the park against us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back