Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he is going to be dropped, but this is the sort of game you keep Curtin in for.

Collingwoods forward line has no De Goey, Elliott or Mihocek. They'll have a few reserve graders up front that Nicks can put Curtin on, if he's adamant that Curtin has to play a defensive role.

Also, big game at the G. Give him a taste of Victorian AFL footy.

Madness not to expose him when the quality of his direct opponents is not going to be up to its usual standard at Collingwood.

So we went from the second oldest and most experienced team in 2017 to the youngest least experienced team over 4 years - but it’s not a rebuild?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah that’s right.

Theres been very little in the way of development for a so called rebuild anyway. More than half the side was on the list before 2020. Very little responsibility given to the next generation.

I know he is going to be dropped, but this is the sort of game you keep Curtin in for.

Collingwoods forward line has no De Goey, Elliott or Mihocek. They'll have a few reserve graders up front that Nicks can put Curtin on, if he's adamant that Curtin has to play a defensive role.

Also, big game at the G. Give him a taste of Victorian AFL footy.

Madness not to expose him when the quality of his direct opponents is not going to be up to its usual standard at Collingwood.

De Goey is back this week.
Curtin will most likely be dropped. I wish he could stay in and play wing/half forward.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wish they'd bring Taylor in and give him a block of 5 or 6 games as they've done with Cook. Reckon he's another we'll be lamenting not giving a go earlier when/If he comes in.
Could be off at the end of the year if he doesn't crack the 1s.
We may have him starring against us for the next decade +.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

comparing the two is absolutely ridiculous

Sando didn’t have to rebuild the team, Nicks started the rebuild the same time as North and through two years of Covid interruptions

People forget how hard rebuilds are, North have totally fallen over in their rebuild whereas we have made improvement

Yes, Nicks has made his errors, all coaches do but honestly some of the commentary on here is unbelievably inaccurate and misguided

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow.

You ramble too much. You don't like Nicks, but I dont think you understand why you dont like Nicks.

What are you on about? We picked Soligo with pick 36 in the 2021 draft. Since then he has played 46 out of a possible 54 games. Only 4 other players taken in 2021 have played more games (JHF - 48, Daicos 56, NWM 50, McDonald 50). We had signed him up to the end of 2025 and no more than 8 months ago gave him a 5 year extension to the end of 2029.

If that isnt trusting and recognizing talent - what is?

Nope, I know full well why I don't like Nicks as Coach. I may ramble but that doesn't mean I dont make good points.

My point about Soligo is a gave Murphy a pass for an equally bad game and played him the next week. Not sure thats hard to grasp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club can’t think like that yet. Too early to write the season off - so will be picking and playing to win (as we all demand)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Crows season is hanging on by a thread. I get how the club might think but winning three games from nine is a massive failure for a team that was genuinely thinking they were a strong chance for top 4.

If the club thinks the season is too early to write off, you'd think they'd change things up somewhat for underperforming players, but they continue to pick them and believe it will result in more wins.

If the club somehow turns it around and storms into the finals, I would genuinely be ecstatic, as it would be a huge turnaround and I assume, great to watch.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

team america vomit GIF

I’m not gonna say what I really think cause if we do somehow win I’ll look like the biggest tool on this site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back