Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed Walter has been dropped this week - should he quit Gold Coast?
Ryley Sanders has been subbed and dropped multiple times (and has played infinitely better than Dan has) - does he quit too?

Not even half way through the season, interrupted pre season and has already played two big games - a showdown and last years GF team

It’s almost like because the lad hasn’t played well at the level - and no where near what people on here would have hoped for - that to counter the disappoint it’s another opp to sling crap on Nicks/Club

Just settle - we are just moments into this kids career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The treatment has been poor.

Ryley Sanders has been subbed and dropped multiple times (and has played infinitely better than Dan has) - does he quit too?

Not even half way through the season, interrupted pre season and has already played two big games - a showdown and last years GF team

It’s almost like because the lad hasn’t played well at the level - and no where near what people on here would have hoped for - that to counter the disappoint it’s another opp to sling crap on Nicks/Club

But we are 5 years into Nicks

F**K I'm done with Nicks and his stupid cohorts. Whatta S**T show they give us week after week with these pathetic selections.
Murphy was barely servicable last week and Hamill's time is up. To say they were good is a joke.
KPD defender goes out injured who do they bring in a friggin HBF who has brain fades. Borlase was the logical replacement but no these incompetent morons just can't understand these things.
Sack them ASAP.

Sanders has been pretty poorly treated from afar.
Walter has been given a good go, is he not just rested (and in a game that’s slippery)

The difference is that our club has decided Curtin is a defender. The PERFECT scenario for him to play this role is with Worrell out.

An attacking defensive role.

He has pretty much played one game. The perfect role for his development as a defender opens up, and he is dropped.

Madness.

And that is without duscussion on him being a midfield prospect.

Could stomach him being dropped and playing midfield in the Reserves.

But he will just play FB.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm very comfortable with the ins, both have been in ripping form in the SANFL, playing well above that level, so demanded being selected. As if!

Nicks is doing nothing to build this side for the future in what is now looking like a lost and useless season already, no finals, no high draft pick, drifting into No Man's Land on the ladder.

Absolutely Sanders should be looking for a way out. Kid is so far above VFL standard it’s not funny.

If I was his manager I’d be saying Riley is playing AFL one way or the other. Up to you whether it’s for the Dogs or someone else.

Fine with Hamill being picked, but not ok with Murphy. I am not one of his haters, I think he's offered a bit at times but always as a fringe type selection who should never be comfortable with his spot being a lock. From the couple SANFL matches I saw he's not ready or in form so why? It's not like his AFL form warranted it pre injury either, in fact he was a mile off last years form.

No selection integrity when all that matters is how many games you've played in the past - Smith & now Murphy are 2 prime examples of this.

Pretty disappointing. The only positive is that last time I was really annoyed about Murphy being selected he come in and played a really good few matches so hopefully history repeats though I won't hold my breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Murphy was always coming in

But the reasoning behind Hamill is odd

From Adam Kelly

Head of Football Adam Kelly said Hamill had earned a return to the AFL side.

“‘Will has been rock solid across the opening Rounds of the season, which has included three games at AFL level,” Kelly said

“His diligence and commitment to his role and to doing what is in the best interests of the team continue to be a strength.”

If he was rock solid why did he get dropped?

diligence and commitment : wtaf

“Commitment to role”, says it all. Nix believes in nothing else other than execution of role. It’s a cult, they’re all infected.

Oscar Ryan yesterday got his first mention by Nicks in a presser as a possible Worrell replacement (also named Borlase and Hamill). Usually a sign they are close to selection, Curtin was picked the week after Nicks first brought him up without needing to be asked directly.
How exciting for him, bet he is over the moon. It is not quite being listed as an emergency, but I am sure it was hugs all round at the Ryan household yesterday.

The difference is that our club has decided Curtin is a defender. The PERFECT scenario for him to play this role is with Worrell out.

An attacking defensive role.

He has pretty much played one game. The perfect role for his development as a defender opens up, and he is dropped.

Madness.

And that is without duscussion on him being a midfield prospect.

Could stomach him being dropped and playing midfield in the Reserves.

But he will just play FB.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree would be very disappointing if he played full back in SANFL this week

I doubt he will, last SANFL game he played an attacking role. I expect him to be in that role

But the rest of this - he should walk out on the club.
Come on - he is brand new and has struggled, the club is trying to win to keep its season alive and while I agree with Worrell going out it opens up a spot - the Collingwood forward line are small and we have actually selected match ups which is amazing in itself and hasn’t really been positively commented on

I would have been a little disappointed if Borlase came in for him but given we have matched smalls it’s pretty reasonable

Surely we don't want to follow crazy Bevo logic.

Look Bevo is a tosser but my point is still rookies need to learn things - whether that’s game related , discipline related or fitness related.
Look at Sullivan - with Geelong. Pick 11, similar type to Curtin, got 1 game and then dropped again. Should he walk out?

It’s just a ridiculous emotional comment - and I think some of it stems from the disappoint that he hasn’t come in and looked like a gun

Look Bevo is a tosser but my point is still rookies need to learn things - whether that’s game related , discipline related or fitness related.
Look at Sullivan - with Geelong. Pick 11, similar type to Curtin, got 1 game and then dropped again. Should he walk out?

It’s just a ridiculous emotional comment - and I think some of it stems from the disappoint that he hasn’t come in and looked like a gun

I think it's more driven by the fact that newer guys in our team get dropped from a bad performance. Whereas Nicks favourites are routinely shit and get a pass.

3 words to describe Nicks - No Selection Integrity

‘Selection integrity’ was only ever another excuse like ‘non-statistical roles’ or ‘shape’ or ‘experience’ or ‘leadership’ or ‘running patterns’. These are just terms that explain why we select injured, sheer krud, or out of form senior players ahead of in form kids that deserve a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back