Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

White tops from these videos actually meant nothing last week guys, can we please stop jumping at shadows? Cook had the white top last week too and Schoenberg was with the main team, but neither of those things happened.

Thanks Nicksy.

I assume it will be our 23 from last week minus Rankine and Himmler. Gollant, Burgess, Berry, Schoenberg and Borlase to round out the squad. Fairly bland but it's how we roll.

Thanks Nicksy.
It’s just stating a fact from the exact same videos of training last week. Scorpus looked at them as well. I posted it in last weeks changes thread if you think I’m making it up.

The white tops that meant something last week were Curtin (dropped) and McHenry (sub). Maybe Schoenberg was coming in for Cook until he got sick late last week, who knows. IF it means anything, then Schoenberg did appear in this apparent ‘A team’ again this week.

It’s just stating a fact from the exact same videos of training last week. Scorpus looked at them as well. I posted it in last weeks changes thread if you think I’m making it up.

The white tops that meant something last week were Curtin (dropped) and McHenry (sub). Maybe Schoenberg was coming in for Cook until he got sick late last week, who knows. IF it means anything, then Schoenberg did appear in this apparent ‘A team’ again this week.

I think Cook should stay in the side. Lack of noise states minimal changes.
The season is over time to play rookies.

You had me, until this:

:confusedv1:
I'll bet Sholl trains like a Brownlow Medallist and delivers lace-out every time.
However, he only looks good in the heat of battle when the team is doing well against weaker opposition ie when Sholl has time and space to show his (admittedly) many skills.
As you pointed out he's soft, does not win the hardball contest in general play and gets ragdolled easily because he's built like a scrawny pre-pubic boy and is contact averse.

Career-wise, he averages 1.34 tackles and 0.64 1%ers/ game. That's just not good enough.

Outside, under no pressure, in time and space, he's good.
Can anyone imagine him having game impact in the furnace of a Final (if we ever make another one)?
I can't see it.
You have a point but his upside is far higher than others in the team including smith, Murphy, mc Henry and jones . Would rather we persist with him than those

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedlar in the SANFL means Murphy and McHenry in the starting 22
icegif-306.gif

Nicks said the Crows remained confident they could still challenge for finals, and were not thinking about 2025 or giving experience to younger players yet.

“If we get across the line in the games that are close and we have had four or five of them already then we sit in a different position obviously but that is looking back and saying we got that right and that right and we didn’t,” he said.

“But we are still confident about the footy we are playing and we know that the competition is so even this year so things can change quickly.

“So we are confident that if we keep playing the way we are, we will get the results we need to get and when the time comes we have either got it right or we don’t have an opportunity in the post-season.

“Last year we were knocking on the door, we still believe we can get there this year.

“At the moment we are playing a really young group, we are sitting third or fourth youngest in the competition.

“So we are already playing young guys, it is probably the next ones that are being talked about.

“I mentioned Billy Dowling who has been playing some strong footy at SANFL level, so there are others who are ready to step up when the time is right.

“But at the moment the group who is out there for us is putting in, we just have to become more consistent and in those clutch moments finish the game off.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back