Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much another album where the songs flow together. No standout songs for singles other than BTW. Incredible that True Love Waits makes an album after all these years, but it is a beautiful song and a great closer. No weak tracks on the album but no jaw dropping songs like Reckoner, There There or Let Down either. Overall early impressions are that it is a very good album, although not a masterpiece.

Not a masterpiece???

No jaw droppers ??

It's pretty damn close as you can get to classic in my opinion

Give it a few listens..
You could be right. It took a while for in rainbows to really hit me, but still reckoned and weird fishes were instant classics to me. Not sure if any click for me in that way. I'll reasses a week from now

After first hearing it last night I was very disappointed as I was expecting the bends stylee recordings in my head...

After three listens this thing sounds incredible ..for me anyway.

just a really addictive album

Heard the full album just the once, and already happy to say, Radiohead back on point with this one.

Very very dense stuff.

Jonny fans will be pleased to know his fingers seem to be all over this one.

True Love Waits....wow.

Last edited:
Unreal, blows KOTL out of the water...
I've listened through 3 times now, so many standouts tracks. I mean excluding the singles (which I love!), the best tracks so far have to be Decks Dark, Identikit, The Numbers, Tinker Tailor etccc, True Love Waits. I mean... every track is great though.

Usually with a Radiohead album there's one or two electronic tracks with little to no melody which fit in fine with the album context, but as songs seem like filler. Every track here is a defined, beautiful piece of work that bleeds into the next track. I love they have brought back guitar in full force. I love the how the strings/choirs are implemented in many of the songs and how every song builds to a crushing crescendo.

Usually with Radiohead on the first listen, I like but not love it. The term "grower" is a term basically invented for a band like Radiohead. But this is no grower, this smacks you in the face on first listen and blows you away.

Unreal, blows KOTL out of the water...
I've listened through 3 times now, so many standouts tracks. I mean excluding the singles (which I love!), the best tracks so far have to be Decks Dark, Identikit, The Numbers, Tinker Tailor etccc, True Love Waits. I mean... every track is great though.

Usually with a Radiohead album there's one or two electronic tracks with little to no melody which fit in fine with the album context, but as songs seem like filler. Every track here is a defined, beautiful piece of work that bleeds into the next track. I love they have brought back guitar in full force. I love the how the strings/choirs are implemented in many of the songs and how every song builds to a crushing crescendo.

Usually with Radiohead on the first listen, I like but not love it. The term "grower" is a term basically invented for a band like Radiohead. But this is no grower, this smacks you in the face on first listen and blows you away.

Pretty much this.

To me King of Limbs was too heavily weighted on the experimental, ethereal electronic stuff....unfortunately the songs just didn't seem to be there.

Not an issue with this one.

Clearly the work of an in form Radiohead, and that's after only 1 and a bit plays.

The strings are blowing my mind.

Hasn't Identikit been previously released as a b-side?

Maybe you heard a live bootleg?

Best way to describe this album is imagine the bands just got back from hiatus and Thom's just seen Jonny and is tapping him on the shoulder saying 'that creepy, ominous as fxxx orchestral stuff you did for There Will Be Blood....lets expand on that'....and this is the end result.

Jesus, how completely insane is Ful Stop..

Yes that is guitar on there

Last edited:
I'm waiting for hard copy cd so I'll try not to overdo it on YouTube til then

I can tell I'm going to like it though bec it's more restrained which I like

The instrumentation and production overall sounds so impressive, so deeply textured and meticulously made

They're maturing like a great bottle of red

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously in love with it.

Too early to play favourites, but something like Glass Eyes and Tinker Tailor just ******* drew me in completely, immediately, that solo in Indetikit. Seen a bit of chatter that those who prefer acoustic True Love Waits, but I think is just as fine if not better, and as of right now appeals to me a great deal more.

Know 'anthems' as such, though Burn the Witch already comes pretty close, but just really good s**t all round. Only enjoyed half of TKOL but love pretty much all of this.

listening to this on a good set of headphones..

seriously..

A classic album..( an audio and producer enthusiasts dream come true)..

Taking into Beatles classic stylee territory ..

My theory is that somehow, Thom + Nigel + Jonny have all aligned to produce their best work at the time in their lives and it's all just synced together marvellously in 2016...

Ed + PHIL good as well, nice drumming on this and lush effects from Ed..

Yes, there is no paranoid android rocker on this, but it's a very different style of music to OK computer, much more layered and orchestral rather the just relying on only the band and their guitars and Jonnys old sunrizer or sequences and a boss pedal etc....

listening to this on a good set of headphones..
s**t yeah. I bought a pair of Bose headphones a few months back, which is the best thing I've bought in ages as this album sounds bloody fantastic on it!

This is probably the first time I've loved a Radiohead album on first listen. Identikit was the standout for me.

s**t yeah. I bought a pair of Bose headphones a few months back, which is the best thing I've bought in ages as this album sounds bloody fantastic on it!

This is probably the first time I've loved a Radiohead album on first listen. Identikit was the standout for me.

yeh I need to get those Bose 25's .....

Identiket is great and that guitar solo, wow..

Burn to disc?

Ha I did that for a while, but now don't have the equipment nor know anyone who would do it
I'm sure there will be some more illegals on youtube (they're currently all down now) so I will prob hear the odd track but otherwise have to wait for a month + for the official release in stores

Did you buy it for download? I assume all here have done that?

I am behind the times but I like the physical package of music

Ha I did that for a while, but now don't have the equipment nor know anyone who would do it
I'm sure there will be some more illegals on youtube (they're currently all down now) so I will prob hear the odd track but otherwise have to wait for a month + for the official release in stores

Yep bought it as a download

I bought it as a dowload

Am also old-school and may well buy it on cd as well :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back