Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I couldn't help but think that video was you.

Was it you?
Nah it isn't me. I would love to do those kinds of videos myself though, the ones you find on SB Nation but instead of US sports, Aussie Rules. SB Nation have a series called 'Rewind' where they pick out an iconic moment in the sport, and talk about the players and events which culminated into that moment. Previously I wasn't as sure about the audience for that kind of thing but given the guy has a pretty decent viewer base it might be something to look into.

Nah it isn't me. I would love to do those kinds of videos myself though, the ones you find on SB Nation but instead of US sports, Aussie Rules. SB Nation have a series called 'Rewind' where they pick out an iconic moment in the sport, and talk about the players and events which culminated into that moment. Previously I wasn't as sure about the audience for that kind of thing but given the guy has a pretty decent viewer base it might be something to look into.

It's there. Rule 5.5.3(c).

Love SB Nation

I nearly lost my mind when I saw that in my subscription feed. Was surreal seeing them do a vid about a sport I knew everything about.
It's really good to see an American channel take Aussie Rules seriously, and make it feel like one of their own.
I have seen a lot of Top 10 Highlights videos that only keep themselves the Big 4 sports.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Was just watching highlights of the '05 Grand Final when I came across this.
This Hunter goal gives me a strange sense of deja vu... can't quite put my finger on it...

1574160862894.png

Was just watching highlights of the '05 Grand Final when I came across this.
This Hunter goal gives me a strange sense of deja vu... can't quite put my finger on it...

View attachment 781749
It's going to be a long off season for you my friend

can someone tell me whats going on at the left of screen. How theirs an open bit under the stands, im almost certain thats not how the G looks now
I'm not really sure what it exactly is, but I'd say that it was something done in the redevelopment of the stand for the 06 commonwealth games that they did away with following that to pack in more seats?

I'm not really sure what it exactly is, but I'd say that it was something done in the redevelopment of the stand for the 06 commonwealth games that they did away with following that to pack in more seats?
This.

The MCG hosted the athletics during the Comm games, which meant a full sized aths track needed to be installed. Unfortunately, an aths track isn’t just the 400m oval shape, it also includes a tangent for the 100m.
Therefore the extra space was needed during that time.

Anybody know where I could get my hands on a Maine Red Claws G-League jersey? Maybe somewhere from r/jerseyreps?

DMR1ktbV4AAdTaC.jpg
To my knowledge nobody sells legit G League jerseys which is a shame tbh

Bit of a technical question, but recently I've upgraded my computer and my photoshop from 2018 to 2020 as well. When I go open my files that I've been working on my old laptop on my new computer, they seem to corrupt every time I try and save them? has anyone else had similar issues with ps 2020 and knows a workaround? Every time I start working on a project I seem to forget this and it just results in me losing all my work before I have to boot up 2019 and do the whole thing again.

Bit of a technical question, but recently I've upgraded my computer and my photoshop from 2018 to 2020 as well. When I go open my files that I've been working on my old laptop on my new computer, they seem to corrupt every time I try and save them? has anyone else had similar issues with ps 2020 and knows a workaround? Every time I start working on a project I seem to forget this and it just results in me losing all my work before I have to boot up 2019 and do the whole thing again.
Recently ran in to the issue this year with editing my VCE media film on Premiere Pro 2017 at home, then trying to transfer it to 2019 at school. Not sure how to fix that in particular, but have you checked when you 'save as' if there's some sort of compatability file type option?

do any of you guys think getting the yellow images subscription is worth it?

Depends on how comfortable you are with Photoshop and your understanding of complex templates with lots of moving parts.

Recently ran in to the issue this year with editing my VCE media film on Premiere Pro 2017 at home, then trying to transfer it to 2019 at school. Not sure how to fix that in particular, but have you checked when you 'save as' if there's some sort of compatability file type option?
I've got 'maximum compatibility' checked when I save, but it is not like I'm constantly switching it back and forth between computers and different versions of photoshop where it would be understandable to run into errors. Done a bit of searching online and seems to be something to do with the new Ps version, the latest version of mac os and .psb files. Think I'll just switch back to 2019 where I'm not getting any issues.

As long as we're discussing tech issues, does anyone happen to know why some titles on websties appear like this to me?

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.26.22 am.png

The cars should say the chassis number and a short description, instead they're coming up as a random set of letters, numbers and symbols. This is the website if anyone wants to see if it happens on their browser as well: http://www.v8sleuth.com.au/

Possibly a font setting on your computer. Do you have the right font?

I'm sure that I do, and for a long time the issue was non-existent. Out of the blue sometime in the middle of this year it started displaying like that

I'm sure that I do, and for a long time the issue was non-existent. Out of the blue sometime in the middle of this year it started displaying like that
Check for any dodgy extensions. If not reset the whole browser.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
As long as we're discussing tech issues, does anyone happen to know why some titles on websties appear like this to me?

View attachment 784715

The cars should say the chassis number and a short description, instead they're coming up as a random set of letters, numbers and symbols. This is the website if anyone wants to see if it happens on their browser as well: http://www.v8sleuth.com.au/

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
So following on from the Percolated Coffee Chill throw back a few months ago, Brownes has now rolled out their retro 90s designs for near on every other flavoured milk. I’m living for these funky graphics so much.

41A099B6-AC97-4F89-A707-4A69EBF7812C.jpeg

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone around here use Affinity Photo? I'm looking for a Photoshop alternative now that I no longer have free Ps through school and am not keen to pay the Creative Cloud subscription. The compatibility with Psd files and the one-time payment is quite appealing, and it seems fairly similar to photoshop, so I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and would recommend it.

Does anyone around here use Affinity Photo? I'm looking for a Photoshop alternative now that I no longer have free Ps through school and am not keen to pay the Creative Cloud subscription. The compatibility with Psd files and the one-time payment is quite appealing, and it seems fairly similar to photoshop, so I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and would recommend it.
Why don't you want to pay for a service?

Back