Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social media is such an enabling concept, people do so much stuff online they’d never say face to face or put their name to.

Ps, Israel Folau did (!!)
And you weren’t very happy with him either
He also lost his job because of putting his name to

He signed a contract..
Playing the game, wearing the uniform, fair enough,if that’s in the contract so be it..

But should they own his personal life/religious beliefs/ and social media accounts ??

Was thinking the same this afternoon. People aren’t afraid to reveal their hateful, selfish thoughts behind the anonymous veil of social media.
Social media is such an enabling concept, people do so much stuff online they’d never say face to face or put their name to.

Nice to see Israel Folau get his contract torn to pieces, as was God’s plan

:think:

Ps, Israel Folau did (!!)
And you weren’t very happy with him either
He also lost his job because of putting his name to

Putting your name to a harmful and demeaning opinion isn’t a free pass for that harmful and demeaning opinion.

Just because people anonymously spreading hate is bad doesn’t make spreading hate under your own name somehow better. Just means people are more comfortable behind their accounts when they think it won’t catch up with them. As our friend Israel found out, some hateful things thankfully don’t fly anymore.

Putting your name to a harmful and demeaning opinion isn’t a free pass for that harmful and demeaning opinion.

Just because people anonymously spreading hate is bad doesn’t make spreading hate under your own name somehow better. Just means people are more comfortable behind their accounts when they think it won’t catch up with them. As our friend Israel found out, some hateful things thankfully don’t fly anymore.

Your playing with words re what he did- “harmful and demeaning opinion” and calling it “spreading hate” (speech)..

What he actually did was repeat religious dogma....

Which btw was subsequently liked (and then unliked) by G Ablett jnr.....

Last edited:
Your playing with words re what he did- “harmful and demeaning opinion” and calling it “spreading hate” (speech)..

What he actually did was repeat religious dogma....

Which btw was subsequently liked (and then unliked) by G Ablett jnr.....

When you’re arguing the semantics of homophobia you’re on the wrong side of the issue.

SRP board is that way. This is a footy forum.

Never click show ignored posts people, no matter how many times they quote you in.

When you’re arguing the semantics of homophobia you’re on the wrong side of the issue.
This is a footy forum.

Correct

Nice to see Israel Folau get his contract torn to pieces, as was God’s plan.

And the above is “free footy forum speech” on the footy forum according to hb35 (atop his high horse)

Questioning, specifics etc is to be considered “hate speech”, and solved/silenced this way-

SRP board is that way.

Never click show ignored posts people, no matter how many times they quote you in.

Last edited:

SRP board is that way. This is a footy forum.

I also made no mention what so ever re homophobia or the semantics of
I simply called Folau’s social media post what it was- the repeating of religious dogma..

Last edited:
I sense a thread clean up inbound.
I don't agree with much, if anything, Georgie says that's non-football related but I actually don't mind reading some of his posts (the non-ranting, non-nazi ones at least) just because they're from a different perspective than what I believe and what I'm usually exposed to.

I wonder if the Scomo date selection being close to tax time weighed heavily upon the negative gearing fraternity. Probably not. I forgot tax time was coming up until this morning when I started thinking about what I'd be writing off on my property this year.

I wonder if the Scomo date selection being close to tax time weighed heavily upon the negative gearing fraternity. Probably not. I forgot tax time was coming up until this morning when I started thinking about what I'd be writing off on my property this year.
It was the big target strategy that was the ALP's undoing. Just as it was the Lib's undoing in 1993 with the proposed GST.

If you want to get back into Govt, make yourself a small target and don't announce major policies in which there will be losers. Expect nothing but negative campaigns from the Opposition party from here til eternity. Such a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was the usual Liberal scare campaign that they run every election. People don't actually look very far into the policies themselves these days, just hear the buzz words taxes and rent and panic. Plus I don't think it helped that Shorten has as much charisma and personality as a tin of dog food.

Wow

Didn’t see that election result coming
I didn't either. Although in my defence, all I have to judge by is the information I read from the pollsters and the so called experts, which has now been proven to be utterly worthless.
Watching the analysis this morning, the amount of 20/20 hindsight going on is astounding.
I had no idea there were so many Robert Wallss out there in the media, it's just that only one of them talks about footy. (and thank goodness for that - it's already one too many)

If we can take one positive note from today’s election, it would be that the cockroach known as Fraser Anning lost his seat and is no longer a member of parliament.
Tony Abbott makes it at least two positives.

I don't agree with much, if anything, Georgie says that's non-football related but I actually don't mind reading some of his posts (the non-ranting, non-nazi ones at least) just because they're from a different perspective than what I believe and what I'm usually exposed to.
I'm with you on this. They make fascinating reading, I'll say that.

But important to remember the majority of people are essentially good natured/willed.
I believe this. But it can be challenging to reconcile that belief with the way so many people actually behave. For me the main thing that would allow both to coexist is a lot of stupidity. I was going to say ignorance, but that doesn't work, because if you don't know something it's pretty easy these days to find answers, unless you don't care enough to look, and not caring doesn't really gel with having good will.

I'll add one other thing. While people are mostly good-willed, it is largely trumped by them being selfish.
A lot of people act kind when it's visible, but are selfish af once they're out of sight. I don't (I can't) know this for certain, but it would explain a LOT.

Someone bet $1M on an ALP win, right? I hope for their sake they did it with Sportsbet because $1,000,000.00 is 9Figures. That's a lot of money to be throwing away. Even more than usual.

I think it was the usual Liberal scare campaign that they run every election. People don't actually look very far into the policies themselves these days, just hear the buzz words taxes and rent and panic. Plus I don't think it helped that Shorten has as much charisma and personality as a tin of dog food.

I’m a rusted on liberal voter but for the first time in forever I was seriously contemplating voting Labor because I thought they were the better party with better policies. The stumbling block was Shorten, just can’t stand him

Ended up voting for an independent. Counted for nought - the liberal candidate in my electorate got over line before preferences

Funny how much impact a leader’s appearance/personality has on Australian elections, given a PM doesn’t have that much of an influence on the government (compared to a President).

Just think, at least we don’t work for Sportsbet. They paid out all bets on Labor early last night, cost them $1.3m

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Now why on earth would they do that - surely that's stupidity - don't they know it's never over until the fat lady sings! It would be like paying out on a horse race before the race starts - although probably you would be pretty safe paying out on a race with Winx in the field😊

Thoughts on Fighting with my family HoneyBadger35 ? Watched it last night and thought it was good.

I meant to see it when it came out, didn’t get around to it. Sounds like a few people think it’s good - I know Paige’s story is pretty interesting so hopefully I’ll see it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back