Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wowwwwww. Is soccer always this good? I reckon my heart was racing less for Game of Thrones battle of Winterfell. That was wild
That was good eh? Keeper had me fist pumping and all haha

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That was good eh? Keeper had me fist pumping and all haha

Utterly riveting! I mean, the Mrs fell asleep on the couch when Adelaide scored at the 89+ minute mark and I woke her up to tell her of the insanity. She quickly put herself to bed and missed more and more of the same rollercoaster.

Adelaide have some heart you'd say. Again, Scorchers let down the Perth sides not pushing through to a GF last season.

Just FYI I’m going to be unbearable if Leeds win the playoffs over the next week. Probably going to be unbearable if they lose too. That level of emotion multiplied by an actual desperate investment in the result.

I’ll be derailing every thread like the hungriest of tigers. No thread will be safe.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Just FYI I’m going to be unbearable if Leeds win the playoffs over the next week. Probably going to be unbearable if they lose too. That level of emotion multiplied by an actual desperate investment in the result.

I’ll be derailing every thread like the hungriest of tigers. No thread will be safe.

Make sure you tag the N0rf floggos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crazy finish to the Bombers game hey? What’s the general consensus, missed free kick?

Undeniably a missed free, can’t not be right? It’s the textbook example.

I also think there’s nothing they can do to change the result. I’d be ropable, Essendon fans should be, but I don’t think you can go down the rabbit hole of changing games after the fact due to missed free kicks, no matter how obvious. It’s clear cut here, sure, but setting that precedent doesn’t end well.

As a make up, I think the AFL should just give Essendon one marquee match per round for the rest of human history and home Grand Finals from now until at least 2057.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Just like the interchange infringement, Sydney will get away with winning a game they shouldn't and the AFL will close the stable door after.
But I agree the result has to stand. Missed free kick at the end is no different to one missed anytime else in the game.

What a crazy finish to the Bombers game hey? What’s the general consensus, missed free kick?
Yep free kicked missed but result must stand. Can’t start messing with results after the fact

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
You can't 100% guarantee that the player would have scored from the square, so there is no way to change the result.

Now if the Free Kick had've been paid and Essendon had've won, I wonder whether or not Sydney could have argued that the Free Kick was incorrect (intentions of jumping on the post weren't to shake it) and gotten the result overturned. More chance of that happening than the current situation

You can't 100% guarantee that the player would have scored from the square, so there is no way to change the result.

Now if the Free Kick had've been paid and Essendon had've won, I wonder whether or not Sydney could have argued that the Free Kick was incorrect (intentions of jumping on the post weren't to shake it) and gotten the result overturned. More chance of that happening than the current situation

It changes every season so I forget which year it is, but isn’t the MRP interpretation that if you intend to strike and end up hitting high, then the strike is deemed intentional? As in, your intention may have been to strike the body but, as you intended to strike full stop, the high contact is deemed intentional.

So surely by that logic, your intention was to climb the post, whether you meant to shake it or not is irrelevant.

Whole situation is farcical tbh.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

1200px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back