Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can handle the Tassie games, but not the Tassie logo on the jumper and it's incorporation in to the name of the proper AFL team. That will never happen.

As for the AFLW thing, it's just a political/marketing exercise, and is divorced from the club as far as I'm concerned. They're not North to me, and never will be.

They can’t be to anyone as long as they’re the North- Tasmania Kangaroos.

It’s weird to me that people who were dead set against the Gold Coast move would be ok with this. The only reasoning I can come up with is that they see AFLW & the AFL as two completely separate entities.

They can’t be to anyone as long as they’re the North- Tasmania Kangaroos.

It’s weird to me that people who were dead set against the Gold Coast move would be ok with this. The only reasoning I can come up with is that they see AFLW & the AFL as two completely separate entities.

That's pretty much how I see it, and most of my North mates too. The AFLW thing isn't North.

True for my 7 y/o but my 5 y/o (turns 6 in about 2 weeks) is a sports nut. Always has a basketball/football/soccer ball in her hand. I got her a basketball ring for Christmas and we spend hours shooting, she’ll kick a soccer ball with me all day. Honestly though, I’ll be damned if she’ll watch a team run around in North colours with Tassie Kangaroos on it. That feels like grooming to me. Nah, they’ll be Shinboners.

****en Tassie Kangaroos? Jamb that
So this Friday you should all be happy, when they wear the stripes instead of the jumper only worn in Tasmania home games.

I didn't like that jumper but * it, if Darren Crocker can call this a team of Shinboners and talk about unconditional love, I can be a little less precious.

Also the match commentary, the media reports, and best of all the players, say "North Melbourne".

So this Friday you should all be happy, when they wear the stripes instead of the jumper only worn in Tasmania home games.

I didn't like that jumper but **** it, if Darren Crocker can call this a team of Shinboners and talk about unconditional love, I can be a little less precious.

Also the match commentary, the media reports, and best of all the players, say "North Melbourne".

Where’s this Friday being played?

Sydney. Drumoyne(sp?) Oval, I think it is.

I’ve got zero chance of getting them to watch it on tv. I’m going to blood them by taking them to a few vfl games. You know, take a footy, grab a hotdog, cheer the goals. They’re not ready to sit down and watch 4 quarters yet. Be great when it’s at Arden St. Hopefully a few players are around from the men’s & women’s team so I can introduce them.

Got to get the brainwashing happening

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant is worse to cop then Higgins. He’s been on a modified program and the last thing we can afford to lose is a key back.

Looking forward to both of them pulling out before this farce two days before it starts with "soreness" .

Looking forward to both of them pulling out before this farce two days before it starts with "soreness" .

Hope you’re right but I reckon there’s a players union negotiated big fat pay check for everyone selected.

If we have to put up with this rubbish they should just bring back state of origin and make it worth while.

This contributes nothing to the sport. Nobody will align to these franchises. The players might get a fat pay cheque but they are doing nothing to develop their own team's game plan. It's like BBL. I don't know which team is which. And I don't care. And I only watch it when flipping channels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back