Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why such a s**t crowd at the SCG
Successful sides fans get a bit apathetic after years of success. Hawks fans were easily outnumbered by Dogs fans on Friday night and I suspect the same attitude has permeated into Sydney's fan base as well.

Plus its expensive following a successful team.

I wonder if GWS are getting any hype down in Canberra at the moment.

Must be difficult to get attention with the Raiders hitting their straps at finals time as well.

Successful sides fans get a bit apathetic after years of success. Hawks fans were easily outnumbered by Dogs fans on Friday night and I suspect the same attitude has permeated into Sydney's fan base as well.

Plus its expensive following a successful team.

Swans H&A is usually about 32,000 - so not that surprising. Probably got more travelling fans coming up than a H&A game would get, but you don't get mass exodus of supporters the way you do for a Grand Final.

That's why I wonder why everyone's so "the Doggies are going to get locked out because Spotless is so small". Sydney's had some very small crowds for finals and I don't know why it would be any different this time with us.

I wonder if GWS are getting any hype down in Canberra at the moment.

Must be difficult to get attention with the Raiders hitting their straps at finals time as well.

The Raiders this time around haven't captured the public's attention like the glory-day Raiders did.
Would I know 3 of their players? Possibly by sight. but not name.

I think you'll be getting 3,000 or so Canberran Giants members up to Showgrounds.

(As this is a random thread), I was listening to Tommo the other day saying something about the shape of the ground.
I got on GoogleEarth and its true, it's not an oval, it's an egg!

The Raiders this time around haven't captured the public's attention like the glory-day Raiders did.
Would I know 3 of their players? Possibly by sight. but not name.

I think you'll be getting 3,000 or so Canberran Giants members up to Showgrounds.

(As this is a random thread), I was listening to Tommo the other day saying something about the shape of the ground.
I got on GoogleEarth and its true, it's not an oval, it's an egg!

You're in Canberra so I will defer but that crowd out at Bruce last night looked as green and rabid and into as it used to back in the day (though we never had the Viking Clap thing - that's new, and very cool)

The egg thing is a hangover from its initial incarnation as a baseball diamond for the olympics. They've cut down on the egginess but haven't removed it all together - it's called home field advantage.

Has anyone sat in high seats at Spotless? I was impressed with the view on level 4 at ANZ and am thinkin of trialling a seat up high for next year? Always bèen just below the concourse near the members bar up till now. Dont drink usually at the footy so that doesn't matter

Has anyone sat in high seats at Spotless? I was impressed with the view on level 4 at ANZ and am thinkin of trialling a seat up high for next year? Always bèen just below the concourse near the members bar up till now. Dont drink usually at the footy so that doesn't matter
We've sat above the home end goals on the tier level. Not too bad actually. I didn't ink it'd be that great but we still felt like we were right in the action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sit in the Suttor Stand. About on the 50m line. Very good view. I think any of the stands on the shaded side would be good. At night, the other side would probably be similar.

Does obviously depend what you prefer though. I've always preferred to have some height (even to the extreme of preferring nose bleed at the MCG to the terraces), but know others who much prefer being close to the action.

I'm really getting over the Bulldogs posters, and I recall issues when we played them in the home and away as well. The mainboard thread is mostly abuse and trolling. I am getting bored reporting posts about our plastic franchise. I get it's not all but they really do have a rubbish bottom end on BF.
I'm gonna retreat to our board I think, I although
notice it's getting trolled as well. Hope it can be kept functional.

I'm really getting over the Bulldogs posters, and I recall issues when we played them in the home and away as well. The mainboard thread is mostly abuse and trolling. I am getting bored reporting posts about our plastic franchise. I get it's not all but they really do have a rubbish bottom end on BF.
I'm gonna retreat to our board I think, I although
notice it's getting trolled as well. Hope it can be kept functional.
And funnily enough its just warnings being given.

Yeah figured they must be starting to hurt families.
Think they are set by the AFL in finals. I will bite the bullet but it's getting significant at $180. $399 for the GF as well after we take out these clowns

I will be going to the prelim because it is possible to control the price paid but unfortunately had to refrain from registering for the GF. If I could have specified the lower end of the price range I would have, but couldn't risk ending up with a $399 ticket (was not sure of the likelihood of this?) with travel and accommodation costs still to come.

I'm sure the prices won't seem that over the top for many considering the high demand, but I pretty much have no income at the moment.

Now they're whining about the warning. I give up

It's the way they get around it. One thread back at the beginning of the year, the warning went out about don't call us plastic on about page three of the thread and then two or three posters spent the next 15/20 pages, on and off, "discussing" what an acceptable sledge would be. "Well if we can't call them plastic what about..."

"Why is plastic so offensive?" Etc etc.

They were allowed to continue, obviously, because they weren't actually calling us plastic.

I notice that a couple of posts I reported last night were gone this morning - including a particularly personal one on you Bokonon, and our favourite mod issued a warning that any more plastic would result in a "holiday"

While I thank him for getting rid of the post in question (and a few others) I'm still yet to see any evidence of "a holiday" for any of them.

It's the way they get around it. One thread back at the beginning of the year, the warning went out about don't call us plastic on about page three of the thread and then two or three posters spent the next 15/20 pages, on and off, "discussing" what an acceptable sledge would be. "Well if we can't call them plastic what about..."

"Why is plastic so offensive?" Etc etc.

They were allowed to continue, obviously, because they weren't actually calling us plastic.

I notice that a couple of posts I reported last night were gone this morning - including a particularly personal one on you Bokonon, and our favourite mod issued a warning that any more plastic would result in a "holiday"

While I thank him for getting rid of the post in question (and a few others) I'm still yet to see any evidence of "a holiday" for any of them.
Yeah I had one clown yesterday. IQ of a grasshopper though. Glad I'm not the only one reporting, I noticed the post I mentioned was deleted pretty quickly.
The Swans thread was mostly fun and they do have serious posters, but it's a fail overall for them, from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back