Ranking The Toughest Fixtures

Remove this Banner Ad

They factored in the difficulty that West Coast don't play at their cheat ground anymore.

I actually really like our draw, dont think its that hard at all - think we'll have another fast start which will place us nicely

Champion Data's rankings:

View attachment 434036

So let's take this!

Supposedly the teams in the bottom 6 get an easier draw.

How is it that the team ranked 14th in 2017 (Freo) gets the hardest draw in 2018?

Can someone adequately explain that one or do we have the situation where the AFL claim to be trying to equalise the fixtures but only in certain cases?

Did the AFL pay for the Perth stadium?

News to me.

Well in actual fact they did because without it there would be no eagles or dockers and you wouldn’t need the stadium because Claremont v Subiaco can be played at a local park.

So ummmmmm yeah they kinda did.

The AFL are clearly in no hurry for us to make the finals any time soon!

Despite not having played finals since 2011, we had what Champion Data ranked as the 3rd hardest draw in the comp last season and both these rankings shown in this thread rate our draw the 5th hardest for next season, despite us having come 11th this year.

So much for the difficulty of your draw being dependent on where you finished the previous season!

Well in actual fact they did because without it there would be no eagles or dockers and you wouldn’t need the stadium because Claremont v Subiaco can be played at a local park.

Nonsense
I'd say It's poor reasoning, but clearly it contains no reason at all.

Thats some pretty circuitous logic there.

Its almost like you said something demonstrably wrong - got called on it - then feebly attempted to justify what you wrote by doubling down on your stupidity.

Go you!!

So let's take this!

Supposedly the teams in the bottom 6 get an easier draw.

How is it that the team ranked 14th in 2017 (Freo) gets the hardest draw in 2018?

Can someone adequately explain that one or do we have the situation where the AFL claim to be trying to equalise the fixtures but only in certain cases?

Simples. The AFL hate you.

I Honestly believe that. I watch your games and your team get screwed more often than any other side in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Honestly believe that. I watch your games and your team get screwed more often than any other side in the comp.
They sorta do dont they

I cfb it when the one side geelong have ever played at kp in a final was the poor bloody dockers

I mean ffs - its either all or none - you cant cherry pick that s**t

but nup - shaft the dockers

Was so glad they got up. I dont think i will ever cheer the purples as hard as i did that day.

Say what????

They sorta do dont they

I cfb it when the one side geelong have ever played at kp in a final was the poor bloody dockers

I mean ffs - its either all or none - you cant cherry pick that s**t

but nup - shaft the dockers

Was so glad they got up. I dont think i will ever cheer the purples as hard as i did that day.

Puts it in perspective comming from an Eagles and a Crows supporter.

Ah so the VFL bailed out footy in WA and gave them the riches they have now?

Whoopee, its reverso world!

Yeah agreed, everyone knows that football didnt exist in WA until the 1970's when they started broadcasting The Winners on a Monday night. ..

Yeah agreed, everyone knows that football didnt exist in WA until the 1970's when they started broadcasting The Winners on a Monday night. ..
The absolute best comment ive ever heard was the idiot who said

“All west aussies are turncoats as they all gave up their vfl teams to support west coast or freo”

Lolwhut.

Was on here - hilarious

The two clubs in Adelaide and the two clubs in Perth are owned by their respective state football Commissions which also manage football in those two states, including the SANFL and WAFL.

The AFL has always had beef with the WAFL and SANFL.

We don't pay the AFL our license fee. We pay it to the WAFL and it is reimbursed in grass-roots WA football.

The AFL [VFL] hates us because of this.

So we could slowly turn it into a true national comp

You didnt have to accept us so why did you?

Oh thats right - you were busted arse broke.

But you joined it knowing that the grand final was to be played at the MCG for as long as there was a contract in place

But you joined it knowing that the grand final was to be played at the MCG for as long as there was a contract in place
Yes

Thats what i personally did.

I will never forget that day

I was wearing bell bottomed trousers and a polo necked top.

I marched into the office of the victorian premier....

Will you listen to yourself you gormless prat.

Up until this stage wed never had a national comp - noone really knew how things were going to pan out and exactly how much home ground advantage was going to be.

So theres not a lot we can do about it - but moving forward - we can try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back