Rate my team Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts Please :)
Looks good with a very strong forward line:thumbsu:. How much cash do you have left over? Obviously Hille will be on to watch and the same can be said for Ladson and Hunt. Kennelly look alright tonight so I'm sure a lot of people will be on him.

Looks good with a very strong forward line:thumbsu:. How much cash do you have left over? Obviously Hille will be on to watch and the same can be said for Ladson and Hunt. Kennelly look alright tonight so I'm sure a lot of people will be on him.
52k, thanks

1zqyf5l.png

What do you guys think

Yeah not too bad a team. In the backline I would be a little worried with both Drummond and Gilbee. They get tagged a lot because they have such good disposal. Both are much more suited to SC and I would definately stay away from Drummond because he is so injury prone. I cant guarantee he wont play 22 games. I would suggest Ellis(Big upside but a little injury prone aswell) and maybe Shaw instead of those two(Not sure if you have enough cash to upgrade to Shaw but hes a good option.

Midfield is missing Trengove, you need to have him starting or you will miss out on a lot of points, especially for just 150k. Both him and Martin look like they have great job security and at the same time will score well. I would highly recommend starting both. Masten has had a great preseason and played very well in there intra-club match, not sure on the NAB cup game I cant remember. I think this year will be his breakout year although the main critism I have of Masten is that he needs a lot of disposals to get high scores. Dont really like the Armitage pick although a lot of people have him, hasn't really proven he can score highly(only 3 games last year to judge off).

The rucks I highly recommend you dont start Warnock, although he has good job security and is very cheap, he wont score well at all IMO. 50 average is what I think he will have, do you really want those sort of scores each week?

Forward line isnt too bad, get rid of Rohan though. Roos has said he wont play much this year, especially early. I would try and fit Franklin in somewhere because he has so much upside but apart from that its pretty good.

Hey guys any feedback/thoughts/criticisms appreciated!

Nice side mate, I like the choice of Mackay. He has flown under the radar a bit, could score similar to what Vince did last season. Be careful of Vince this year, not too sure how he will cope with the tag, maybe he would be better as an upgrade target during the year? I dont really like the choice of Naitanui because when Cox comes back in his scores should go down a lot but I can see why you picked him. He was also rucking agaisnt a very weak Essendon ruck combo missing there best 2 ruckmen. However he could make a bit of money and be upgraded to a premium during the season but dont expect him to be a keeper.

Btw put the (C) on Ablett before you forget ;)

Team now with ur advice!

Backs – Enright, Fisher, Shaw, Hodge, Suban, Kennelly, Ladson (Davis, Trengrove)
Mids – Bartel (c), Mitchell, Kornes, Masten, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastianc)
Rucks – Kreuzer, Tippet (Warnock, Lobbe)
Forawrds – Roo, Pav, ROK, Buddy, Medders, Zeibell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)
$29000 Left

How you think i can spend 29k......upgrade Kornes/Mitchall.......or some where else?

Thx again

First thing I would do is get rid of Kornes, he is going to be playing less in the midfield this year which should bring his scores down. Maybe look at someone like Selwood who is onthe rise? Good captain choice with Jimmy, should have a slight increase in his average and hes consistent. Cant fault the forwardline, although Id get rid of Tapscott now, hes out for around 8 weeks. Tapscott should make a good downgrade during the year when he gets a game though. Look at someone like Podsiadly from Geelong, if he is named round 1 get him in. I would get rid of Davis aswell from the backline aswell, looking unlikely he will be best 22, look at Maguire maybe. Nice side mate though.

any thoughts on this team?

dt102.jpg

Wow there is a fair bit of interest in Suban, all the teams above have him:eek:. He should have an increase in his average but I dont think it will big enough therefore I wont be picking him up. Have a look in the NAB cup and see if he is playing midfield or still in the backline. Dont just pick players on 1 NAB cup performance, they can be misleading. Buchanon for example, played a fair bit of midfield against the dogs but I dont expect him to do that in the real season because a/ Lions need a good small forward and b/ Lions were missing a few of there good midfielders and when they come back he will get pushed out. Another person with Naitanui, my thoughts on him are above. Midfield is strong and you have a nice balance, Watson should get tagged more this season but it probably wont effect him as much because hes an inside player. Backline is good aswell, a fair bit of upside, especially Waters. If he doesnt get injured he could even become a keeper seeing as he averaged 78 back in 07(Some of those scored were effected by injury so could have even been higher). Hes also definately in the best 22, only worry would be that knee injury he picked up in december(?) although he seems to have recovered well.

Very similar team to everyone elses so not much to talk about although I would get rid of Hunt. Coming back from an ACL and has never averaged 70 or more. A few better options around that price...

Backs:
Goddard, Hodge, Fisher, H Shaw, McPhee, Hunt, Sheppard (P Davis, T Hunt)

Midfield:
Bartel, Selwood, Mitchell, Masten, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

Ruck:
Jolly, Kreuzer (not sure on tonights performance) (Warnock, J Trengrove)

Forwards:
Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Lecras, Tippet, Dangerfield, Mayne (R Tarrant, TDL)

Give me some advice? Not happy with the ruck combo.

15k in the bank

First of all I think you need to fix up the backline. I think it is way too risky starting a rookie in the backline and I dont think Sheppard will play round 1. My thoughts on Hunt are above although he is a safe pick and you know what you will get so he certainly isnt the worst pick. Apart from that a solid backline. Midfield is very good so no problems there. I dont really like Jolly as a pick this year, he is use to being the only ruck in the game so now that he has to share the gametime his scores may decrease. I would try and Get Franklin in there somewhere, he has a lot of upside after a poor season. Looked good against Richmond.

Backs:
Goddard, Hodge, Fisher, H Shaw, McPhee, Hunt, Sheppard (P Davis, T Hunt)

Midfield:
Bartel, Selwood, Mitchell, Masten, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

Ruck:
Jolly, Kreuzer (not sure on tonights performance) (Warnock, J Trengrove)

Forwards:
Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Lecras, Tippet, Dangerfield, Mayne (R Tarrant, TDL)

Give me some advice? Not happy with the ruck combo.

15k in the bank

Mate I just created your team from exactly what you said, and I don't even have enough money to buy the last 94k bench player. In fact I need another 88k to get him :confused:

I don't normally post my team here, but was interested in your feedback. My strategy this year is to pick each player (even guns) on the premise that I expect them to increase in value this season.

I have $35k left.

Screenshot2010-02-21at115826AM.png

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Bunjie - only player on your team I am a bit iffy about is Adam McPhee. He's probably not worth that price, and you'll be able to get a better more consistent scorer imho.

Hey guys rate my team and comments on any players are welcomed :)

BACKS:

Heath Shaw
Scott Selwood
Jarrod Harbrow
Andrew Carrazzo
Luke Hodge
Tadgh Kennelly
Andrew Moore *

Phil Davis
Matt Maguire*

MIDS:

Bryce Gibbs
Scott Pendlebury
Adam Cooney
Joel Selwood
Jack Trengove
Dustin Martin

Luke Shuey
Mitch Banner

RUCKS:

Aaron Sandilands
Kurt Tippett

Matthew Lobbe*
James Craig*

FORWARDS

Jonathon Brown
Matthew Pavlich
Lance Franklin
Jack Ziebell
Robbie Gray
Patrick Dangerfield
Cyril Rioli

Scott Gumbleton
Trent Dennis-Lane

Players with a * are "iffy" and may get changed

I am considering the following:

• Trading Scott Pendlebury for a cheaper option to have more money in the kitty
  • Using my left over 30k to get Danny Gia in place of Lance franklin however that would mean i have $0 extra cash
  • Killing myself over the hard decisions of dreamteam!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not hard to guess who you go for :p

Also unless they start including DT points at VFL level, I don't reckon you'll see much action from Tom Lonergan.

Edit: My post was aimed at Chadwiko

DreamTeam.jpg

tell me what you think.. upgrades/downgrades??

With King and Gardiner cemented in for the ruck spots how many games do you think McEvoy could manage?

Tapscott got surgery and won't be seen for over 2 months

I like Armitige as a pick just make sure he's certain to be in the best 22, should be with Luke Ball at collingwood.

Downgrade Ablett for a player around 430k then you got an extra 90k to upgrade Ladson, Varcoe or McEvoy

Get Tippett as a ruckman and perhaps purchase a cheap draft pick who will play

O'Hailpin unique choice haha:D

Could possibly downgrade Goddard for Gram or Fisher for more extra cash

Hey guys rate my team and comments on any players are welcomed :)

BACKS:

Heath Shaw
Scott Selwood
Jarrod Harbrow
Andrew Carrazzo
Luke Hodge
Tadgh Kennelly
Andrew Moore *

Phil Davis
Matt Maguire*

MIDS:

Bryce Gibbs
Scott Pendlebury
Adam Cooney
Joel Selwood
Jack Trengove
Dustin Martin

Luke Shuey
Mitch Banner

RUCKS:

Aaron Sandilands
Kurt Tippett

Matthew Lobbe*
James Craig*

FORWARDS

Jonathon Brown
Matthew Pavlich
Lance Franklin
Jack Ziebell
Robbie Gray
Patrick Dangerfield
Cyril Rioli

Scott Gumbleton
Trent Dennis-Lane

Players with a * are "iffy" and may get changed

I am considering the following:

• Trading Scott Pendlebury for a cheaper option to have more money in the kitty
  • Using my left over 30k to get Danny Gia in place of Lance franklin however that would mean i have $0 extra cash
  • Killing myself over the hard decisions of dreamteam!
Backs: I like the Hodge and Shaw picks for premiums but bear in mind Shaw does come with a few risks, but high reward. Harbrow is a good unique that could turn into a keeper quite easily. Carrazzo doesn't seem to score like he used to now he is playing a different role - hard to see how he will be this year. Not sure about Selwood and Moore, but Kennelly should do well for his price.

Mids: I like your structure, 4 guns & 4 rookies - I've got the same. All rookies look good.

Rucks: Sandi and Tippet good picks, might be worth getting Warnock in as first reserve though.

Forwards: Definitely keep Franklin as he could be an absolute bargain despite missing round 1. Pav and JB good picks. I like your mid-pricers a lot, but will Rioli be in full flight round 1? A lot of talk about developing OP I think. Watch for him anyway. Gumbleton may be injured again, so maybe look at Podsiadly from Geelong if he is named round 1. Watch him today I reckon.

Overall, a pretty solid team, but definitely look at some of the players mentioned, and the ones you've put * against.

My thoughts:

Backs - I've gone for durable premiums, and Hodge due to his value. Malceski could be changed for Kennelly, depending on rest or preseason, Waters or Hunt, and McGuire may slide in on the bench. Will look to get Goddard during the year.

Mids: 4 guns/4 rookies - will look at bringing in the best guns during the year.

Rucks: Hille will be in my team if he plays round 1, otherwise maybe NicNat. Unsure about going with 2 guns from the start this year. Bass is just a $77k player, as I don't think the extra money is worth spending for a 4th ruck.

Forwards: Have gone for underpriced premiums in Gia, Pav and Buddy with the aim to bring in the guns like Riewoldt during the year. Have gone for durability with Goodes, but this may change if I do find the money for Riewoldt later. Like the look of Ziebell, Medhurst and Dangerfield as mid-pricers - May look at Warren too.

Thoughts?

Thats an extremely similar forwardline to mine Outofthegloom.
Only difference being Riewoldt > Pavlich

I don't normally post my team here, but was interested in your feedback. My strategy this year is to pick each player (even guns) on the premise that I expect them to increase in value this season.

I have $35k left.

Screenshot2010-02-21at115826AM.png

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Freakishly similar to my side, great minds think alike:D

Hey guys,
Anybody feel like finding some flaws in my team?
dt-1.jpg

I think I've done an okay job, but I'm sure you guys will find something :D
Thanks to anybody who does.

Awesome. Only bit i'm unsure about would be Nahas and your forward rookies. Just make sure they're all playing rnd 1.

Also for me Goodes in CHF instead of on the ball is questionable if he'll get steady 90+ and not just erratic... though he might be awesome. I went with O'Keefe instead. But Goodes is Goodes and has the brownlow and the consistency and the lack of injuries to make him a pretty handy player in DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back