Multiplat Rayman Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming to Vita, 5 exclusive levels, two player MP and online challenges.

Source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/rayman-legends-coming-to-vita
Ubisoft has confirmed that Rayman Legends will come to PlayStation Vita on August 30th in Europe and September 3rd in North America. The announcement follows news earlier this year that the former Wii U exclusive is also headed to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and marks the first portable version to be announced thus far.

According to Ubisoft, Legends on Vita will use touch controls "to zoom, take out enemies, and manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more." Legends will also feature two-player multiplayer, online challenges, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell-themed levels and five Vita-exclusive touch maps.

Ubisoft is on the cusp of titular video game perfection, having announced the inclusion of 40 levels from Rayman Origins to this year's exuberant platforming sequel, Rayman Legends. That's right, the game will have some Legends and a few Origins. Dare they throw in a smattering of ... Revelations?

According to Ubisoft designer and Rayman rein-holder Michel Ancel, the bonus Rayman Origins levels are immediately accessible and optional to the completion of Rayman Legends. The selection of stages, including a few devious Tricky Treasure runs, has been graphically updated to suit the style of Legends.

Ancel and the creative team are also tossing in "Kung Foot," a soccer-themed minigame that supports up to four local players (five if you're on Wii U). Controlling any of the available Rayman characters, players jump around, kick, punch and block a bouncing soccer ball wildly as they attempt to get it through the opposing goal. Kung Foot is pitched as a funny, aimless party game for friends too tired for anything serious – or, in the case of Ancel's team, for developers who just finished making Rayman Origins. It was a small in-engine game made just for the office at the time, but now it's being included with Rayman Legends.

Rayman Legends is due on Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on September 3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/17/rayman-legends-bonus-40-levels-from-rayman-origins-kung-foot/

I love Rayman and the last game is easily one of my fav platformers of all time but i just have too much of a back catalog of games (including ps+) and too little gaming time to go out and buy this like i would've done in the past.

I had a bit of a play of this on the Wii u at PAX, not a game i will go and buy but if you are into rayman it was a bit of fun.

I love Rayman and the last game is easily one of my fav platformers of all time but i just have too much of a back catalog of games (including ps+) and too little gaming time to go out and buy this like i would've done in the past.

Are the games in your backlog better than Rayman though? ;)

The answer to that question is very likely no.

I'm not gonna just buy games willy nilly anymore though.
When i get the ps4 it's likely just gonna be the main shooters in cod and BF4 and ps+ freebies.

Bang 4 Buck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if i get at least a days worth of game time on both (it'll likely be far more), it's more than what i'll get from other games. regardless of what you think of them.

Picked this up on my break earlier.

Can anybody who picks it up from EB let me know how much you got it for? Their site is saying $58 but in store it's $59.95.

I'm not gonna go back and complain about $1.95 but it seems wrong that they put it on their online store for that price and don't specifically state that is an ONLINE ONLY price, if that's how it is.

Anyway, can't wait to break it open and get started tonight! Ripping price and definitely going to get me more value for money than Call of Same s**t Every Year!

Yeah I paid 59.95 in store as well, figured I'd go to EB since it was listed at 58 online and nowhere else was doing it cheaper. As you say you won't make a fuss about 1.95$, but I probably won't go to EB next time.

Anyway, the more important stuff, this game is incredible, the level design is again brilliant and the addition of the daily and weekly challenges adds even more to the game. Got a long way to go to hit 1 million lums.

Grabbed it after work, superior Wii U version of course ;)

Will give it a go tonight, having put plenty of hours into the demo and challenge app and nabbing 2 platinums on Origins, I know this is going to be absolutely brilliant and keep me well occupied until GTAV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back