Preview Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still kicked 100 points against the Suns, 95 against Port. Out forwards are so good that even with our current mids we can kick winning scores. Another small forward who can give good delivery is not a priority IMO

Mannagh is a midfielder not a small forward.

And if you looked at the quality of their f50 entries to ours its a big reason why we lost by 60.
Do we need defensive improvement and better inside mids? Yes
But we also desperately need delivery inside 50 and mannagh can give that.

Mannagh is a midfielder not a small forward.

And if you looked at the quality of their f50 entries to ours its a big reason why we lost by 60.
Do we need defensive improvement and better inside mids? Yes
But we also desperately need delivery inside 50 and mannagh can give that.
Yeah I’d like to see Mannagh get a game as a genuine mid, I just dont see a spot forward of the centre.

I also think that after Dempsey’s game on the weekend he might be closer to being able to play in the midfield than I’d thought - still looks pretty slight but he has had 3 preseasons and can find the ball. I saw some questions a while back about his willingness in physical contests - I only saw him in the VFL a couple of times, dont know how he went there - but I don’t think it’s an issue given his courage in marking contests.

Playing Mr nice guy in the tackle is costing us games,go full on blood sport this weekend tackle hard to the ground make GWS earn it, tuff if a player or two get the odd suspension between now and the end of August but if we are to have any hope of going deep into finals tiggy tackling won't do it.
Mouthguards at training.

Out: tuohy neale parfitt cuthrie rohan (all omitted) dempsey (managed)

In: hawkins cameron duncan sdk mannagh hardie

Id play conway again if he can back up.
Dempsey is due to be managed although maybe we try to get him through to the bye
Id omit henry if we didnt need a tall back
Individually that is logical - and I agree with all of it… except I can’t think of us doing 6 changes. Just can’t.

So we have I think at least 4 ins. Can’t be argued unless for some reason not ready.

And I can see 2 managed without too much “noise”. For different reasons. Guthrie (they argue managing his return) and Dempsey (I have expected him to be managed each of the last two weeks).

So even for just those 4 ins we need two more managed or omitted.

I just can’t see them doing 2E. I would but as you rightly say if they do it is ommitted not managed.

I reckon with SDK back they can manage either J Henry or Kolo. So lets count that as 1

And I think (unfortunately) they have to ommit Neale with Hawke and Jezza back.

So I have my 4 out for the obvious 4 in (those managed or injured last week)…

To get in Mannagh or Hardie (I just can’t see us doing 6 changes) they need to omit either Rohan (if Mannagh) or Parfitt (if Hardie). Personally I don’t see them doing it…but would be ok if they did.

Now I would be moving Holmes And/or Miers into MF rotation so that wold make it hard for Hardie - but maybe easier for Mannagh…

Remembering we have Richmond the week after so I expect a debutant (either Hardie or Lawson) and maybe Mannagh gets a crack then?

This is the thing... Guthrie will get picked this week and most likely won't play a good game. And then the following week against Richmond he be 30 plus disposals and be best...
But the saying goes
" if you throw enough mud on the wall, soon enough it's going to stick "
So yes will play a good game , but it's time the coaches to stop being Mr Nice guy and teach the players everyone is on notice

Individually that is logical - and I agree with all of it… except I can’t think of us doing 6 changes. Just can’t.

So we have I think at least 4 ins. Can’t be argued unless for some reason not ready.

And I can see 2 managed without too much “noise”. For different reasons. Guthrie (they argue managing his return) and Dempsey (I have expected him to be managed each of the last two weeks).

I just can’t see them doing 2E. I would but as you rightly say if they do it is ommitted not managed.

I reckon with SDK back they can manage either J Henry or Kolo. So lets count that as 1

To get in Mannagh or Hardie (I just can’t see us doing 6 changes) they need to omit either Rohan (if Mannagh) or Parfitt (if Hardie). Personally I don’t see them doing it…but would be ok if they did.

Now I would be moving Holmes And/or Miers into MF rotation so that wold make it hard for Hardie - but maybe easier for Mannagh…

Remembering we have Richmond the week after so I expect a debutant (either Hardie or Lawson) and maybe Mannagh gets a crack then?
What was wrong with Parfitt's game?
Out: tuohy neale parfitt cuthrie rohan (all omitted) dempsey (managed)

In: hawkins cameron duncan sdk mannagh hardie

Id play conway again if he can back up.
Dempsey is due to be managed although maybe we try to get him through to the bye
Id omit henry if we didnt need a tall back

Why you dropping Mullin?
I’m certain we “manage” Kolo or JHenry this weekend
Predicting 'manage' ain't my thing.
4 clear ins before we even consider Mannagh or Hardie.

Got to find 4 outs.
Predicting C.Guthrie or J.Henry dropped is daft. Our MC don't roll that way.

I don't even like dropping Clark as he's doing too well at VFL level for his learning to be there.
But got to find 4 names.

Neale out is probably the only safe bet.
Easy choice given how he played and who is there to replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to find 4 outs.

I don't even like dropping Clark as he's doing too well at VFL level for his learning to be there.
But got to find 4 names.

I’m confident due to who we’re playing if SDK is back.
Can’t see in any world Mullin is out, he will play minutes on Greene and Daniels IMO

I agree Neale is the only Safe bet but I really hope we drop Rohan also

I just think of it as rotation given the heat up in darwin but we are also improving the team.

Cameron we need to beat his old side, hawk will come in for neale (though i dont agree with it). Sdk is needed for hogan.
Tuohy is LIFO for me (last in first out).
duncan will come in for his best mates record game.
So thats 4 guaranteed.

Its only the 5th and 6th changes you could debate but rohan has been pretty ordinary since he returned and mannagh is banging the door down.
And given our MF misfiring you cant argue its not time for a hardie to be tried. I would 100 % do hardie for parfitt.

Question: dempsey is due a rest but do you think they do that in a must win game?

Got to find 4 outs.

But got to find 4 names.

Neale rohan tuohy and parfitt are 4 easy outs.
Thats before we argue clark/moc/atkins (i agree MC wont drop guthrie although they might 'manage' him).

I love that with our midfield issues there are people that want Guthrie dropped. Yeah let's turf one of the only guys who could actually help our midfield woes this year because of a shit half in horrible conditions.

He's 4 games back from a year out and hasn't even been that bad all things considered (was decent against both Carlton and Port).

Neale rohan tuohy and parfitt are 4 easy outs.
Thats before we argue clark/moc/atkins (i agree MC wont drop guthrie although they might 'manage' him).
I'm not allowed to talk about one of those blokes.
Tuohy was just rested, they'll play him.

i dont follow much of other teams in and out, if anyone here do can you let me know do they do so many "manage" as us??

i understand the "manage" for dangerfiled, hawkins, duncan, etc

but guys like parffait, oconnor, kolodashni, etc should play week in weekout if their form warrants it. they are at their peak and players can lose conintuailty if they play 3 weeks in a row and then just miss a week cause they need to be managed.

So why have the wheels fallen off GWS , they had a shocking/diabolical loss at home yesterday ( i didnt watch it ) , if the Bulldogs had kicked straight they could have won by 10-12 goals

Thus i do agree with Go You Catters post , pivotal game , if Geel cant beat a terribly out of form GWS at home , then Flag aspiration wise its all over Red Rover for this season and for quite a while

I love that with our midfield issues there are people that want Guthrie dropped. Yeah let's turf one of the only guys who could actually help our midfield woes this year because of a s**t half in horrible conditions.

He's 4 games back from a year out and hasn't even been that bad all things considered (was decent against both Carlton and Port).
1716118345812.png

You can be 100% certain if you are banking on wholesale changes and a big statement, perhaps by omitting several established players, you will be wrong. Chris Scott:

“It’s clear that we’re off and we have some problems we need to fix. It’s a balance between not glossing over it, and we’re not going to do that, but we’re also not going to overreact.“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back