Preview Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fine, but I disagree. There are critical times in a young player’s career when they need to show something. This is one such time for him. I think he will lose a lot of followers if he has a stinker.
Neale's already shown something. I don't think it's make or break at all. I'm more confident in Neale than Hawkins right now. Tomahawk would want to show something in his testimonial game after showing next to nothing for 5 weeks. He's certainly approaching a crossroad.

Neale's already shown something. I don't think it's make or break at all. I'm more confident in Neale than Hawkins right now. Tomahawk would want to show something in his testimonial game after showing next to nothing for 5 weeks. He's certainly approaching a crossroad.
Actually agree with most of that.

The time has come to make a mark if his ceiling is Tom Lynch. Are you delisting him if his ceiling is Mitch Lewis?

He is not being delisted.. however it might tell us if we have to recruit a "Tom Lynch”.

Really we probably have to add another KPF ..as even if he is the answer… one look at Naughton last night shows you it can go wrong quickly.

Last edited:
Yeah I just don't think this is the game that will happen. He's going to be the 4th target in a narrow ground being fed by a mediocre midfield. He's likely being instructed to just block defenders out of other players contests, he certainly gave a few dumb frees away doing that for Henry last week.

I expect there's a case where he plays his role and still kicks zero.

Considering the way we spread the goal kicking , id expect he will get to have a shot at goal at some stage. Id say in most of his games he has had a shot. What id like to see is him showing more than a mark on a lead. He has tried the big pack mark several times . He actually did one very early in his time at VFL that got me excited , even Rohan has shown that type of ability, it probably won us a PF.

Id say so far Neale has not shown the type of hands that some players have , that seem to be able to mark the ball like they have glue on them.

So Im not after a bag of goals, just a hint that he can do more than just take a mark on the lead. Considering he will not have the best or second best defender…one would hope he is capable and if he did nothing else that would be an incremental advancement in my eyes.

I reckon Blicavs running all game as a midfielder. Cameron starting up on a wing and mainly roaming forward of centre - but a bit of help in defence.

Hawk and Neale the big targets. Miers and Mullin will get midfield minutes.

Duncan named on ball. Won’t play there……he’ll need a leg rope on a GWS mid to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Ward just pulled from GWS side tomorrow.

Makes our midfield slightly more level with theirs now I think. He’s a bigger body around stoppages - something we’re not really coping with in recent weeks.

Damn,
after his effort last week I was thinking you beauty that's 1 clearance our way.

Damn,
after his effort last week I was thinking you beauty that's 1 clearance our way.

We made Wines look like his prime Brownlow medal self so Ward was in for a vintage game as well. Good news he’s out

He is not being delisted.. however it might tell us if we have to recruit a "Tom Lynch”.

Really we probably have to add another KPF ..as even if he is the answer… one look at Naughton last night shows you it can go wrong quickly.
I think we already know we need to recruit a Tom Lynch. That doesn't mean Neale can't become an important player

We made Wines look like his prime Brownlow medal self so Ward was in for a vintage game as well. Good news he’s out
Then they made Wines sub against Hawthorn for some reason and were terrible until he came on.

He plays well when one of their main three mids are out so that he has a more prominent role.

But we do have an addiction to making any spud or out of form player turn into one of the Ablett's overnight.

Whitfield has been poor lately so I expect 38 classy touches.

That’s fine, but I disagree. There are critical times in a young player’s career when they need to show something. This is one such time for him. I think he will lose a lot of followers if he has a stinker.

Ok, agree to disagree.

Out of interest what would constitute a pass then?

We scored 95 and 100 points in the last two losses. Neale should absolutely kick multiple goals again after managing 2 in a belting in the tropics last week.

It can't be his speed because our current midfield is stacked with one-paced plodders. It must be something else.

I reckon Blicavs running all game as a midfielder. Cameron starting up on a wing and mainly roaming forward of centre - but a bit of help in defence.

Hawk and Neale the big targets. Miers and Mullin will get midfield minutes.

Duncan named on ball. Won’t play there……he’ll need a leg rope on a GWS mid to keep up.

Obvious move - but can he still do that - i dont think he can

This season , his reflexes , his speed , he just seems to have lost it - one other poster way back in the thread said put him out on the wing , i dont think that is a bad idea

Geelongs best hope is to have Holmes in the centre , our best midfielder by a mile - and presently playing our only bona fide top class midfielder

If Geel cant beat GWS , who are horribly out of form , WB kick straight last week then they win by 10 goals , then its bye bye The Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back