Game Day Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kinda like the guys in the boat...

The water fall is downstream and the engine is out.....

7-0 being on the the water was awesome....

7-3 you can hear the waterfall but you cant see it yet... but getting the motor running would be really helpful right about now to steady the ship.

And 8-3 has a much better ring to it.

What that means overall is still murky - but a win today is really needed.

Tomma breaks the unbreakable club record... and thats incredible. Here's hoping that the other 22 out there get their collective shit together and do it for Hawk - he's earned that.

The froward line will be our Everest - tall and cold if they dont take marks and get good supply.

The MF just has to get going - and if that starts with defensive work great but that gets harder wit no Parfitt or MOC to lock down - but they haveb't beein doing that last few weeks anyway so moot point... we still have Axe...

And the back six was all at sea last week so look for some better navigation this week..... compasses and radios turned back on will help.

No idea why I went nautical on this but here we are...

Get it done today boys. Just get it done.

GO Catters

Big milestone game for Tom Hawkins today. My favourite Tomahawk moment. Round 19, 2012, his long range goal on the siren to snatch victory from Hawthorn, and Dennis Cometti shouting "they've done it again!". 😃

Happy with the selected team, which hopefully sees improved team cohesion. Injuries + poor form meant some erratic, fumbly, hot potato etc play.

MC have supported: Clark, Mullin, Conway, Neale, Bruhn, Neale, Bowes, Atkins. Our future guys.

Is there some shuffling to occur? Team cohesion is my thing for the next few weeks. One of the best qualities we saw in 2022.

Stop long bombing to Hawkins FFS! Kick to lead him out to mark. Perhaps include Neale in this strategy.

Reckon GWS will come out guns blazing to restore some form.

Mr Meow what did you mean by "blitz should NOT be “samey”. . .he has become too “blah” but hope that can turn around?" He's played eleventy seven positions to cover injuries, help in the Ruck, plug the wing, all over the ground + help MF. His form has dropped, because he's trying to cover too much. He's probably exhausted.

Next week, while it could seem disrespectful (but it's Richmond, so pffft) try all the new guys. Still, I reckon Tuggers will play like they're 2017 premiership players. You know, when we play sh*t teams into form?

Either way, play Hardie, Humphries, Mannagh + Clohesy for experience at AFL level + let's see how they go.

If there's a late change today I think it's Mannagh or Parfitt.

Last edited:
Happy with the selected team, which hopefully sees improved team cohesion. Injuries + poor form meant some erratic, fumbly, hot potato etc play.

MC have supported: Clark, Mullin, Conway, Neale, Bruhn, Neale, Bowes, Atkins. Our future guys.

Is there some shuffling to occur? Team cohesion is my thing for the next few weeks. One of the best qualities we saw in 2022.

Stop long bombing to Hawkins FFS! Kick to lead him out to mark. Perhaps include Neale in this strategy.

Reckon GWS will come out guns blazing to restore some form.

Mr Meow what did you mean by "blitz should NOT be “samey”. . .he has become too “blah” but hope that can turn around?" He's played eleventy seven positions to cover injuries, help in the Ruck, plug the wing, all over the ground + help MF. His form has dropped, because he's trying to cover too much. He's probably exhausted.

Next week, while it could seem disrespectful (but it's Richmond, so pffft) try all the new guys. Still, I reckon Tuggers will play like they're 2017 premiership players. You know, when we play sh*t teams into form?

Either way, play Hardie, Humphries, Mannagh + Clohesy for experience at AFL level + let's see how they go.

If there's a late change today I think it's Mannagh or Parfitt.
(I) agree - Manna from heaven to get into it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's On!​

11:15am – Gate 1 & Gate 13 Box Office Opens

11:35pm – Gate 1 & Gate 13 opens to ticket holders

12:05pm – VFL Match Commences (All VFL attendees must have an AFL ticket to enter the VFL).

2:35pm – All Gates open (for AFL Match)

4:13pm – Cats team entry

4:21pm – Live Welcome to Country Ceremony

4:35pm – AFL Match Commences

Lights Out​

Be a part of Lights Out on Saturday!

Download the Crowd Canvas App via the Apple Store or Google Play Store.

Be in your seats by 4:00pm and await MC & Big Screen instruction to open your App and be part of Lights Out as the team enters on Saturday.

---

Not sure lights out works at 4pm 😂

Is this the game where T Stewart plays midfield.
Good question. But I think no? Unless they think it is a potential permanent move.

This game they need to start finding some cohesion and get back to each player doing a role. So we won’t see any temporary stuff.

But I do think part of that is addressing the obvious issues in the midfield. That started that by dropping/injured two midfielders as well as a wing/utility and not replacing them. To me I think that will mean Holmes will be in a lot more centre bounces. As will Blitz (who has been all over the place).

With less MF maybe we see TOG% move back up into the 70% at least for Bruhn and Atkins and maybe Clark? Our MF CBA is going to be interesting - I am betting Bruhn, Blitz, Holmes will be most alongside Clark and Atkins - with a sprinkling of Miers and possibly Duncan?

We need to change the sameness we have had and if Blitz and Holmes can show something today it changes the dynamics around Bruhn/Clark and Atkins in a way that Parf/MOC/Guthrie has not been able to do…

Going to be an interesting watch though as who really knows what they will change

Geelong have lost their last 3 games.
GWS have lost their last 3 games.
Geelong have lost their last 3 games against GWS in Geelong.

Hopefully 2 of those losing streaks end around 7pm tonight.

I have a really positive feeling about this game. I think we're about to see a return of the high-pressure Cats today. Our pressure will be manic I reckon.

I think a few people have been put on notice. I'm expecting a brutal response here with bodies flying around everywhere.

Looking to be more difficult to score against….. getting blitzed on turnover hopefully will be addressed . Don’t want to see the tsunami waltzing it rugby style and flicking it around off the line to free link up players…..
let’s get the fortress back to being a fortress!
Congrats Tommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back