Game Day Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I) agree - Manna from heaven to get into it

Will be interesting to see if mannagh plays the curtainraiser if not hes in.

Tuohy sub surely unless theres a late change.
Dempsey is due a sub or manage but id be surprised if we do it this week.

Just listened to Sando from the other day . Thinks cats are being outworked , conceding too many uncontested possessions , not getting to the next contest quickly enough and conceding too many I50 marks….. defenders caught out of position as we turn it over with hack possessions from a contested situation…..
Scott never lost 4 on the trot …..!
Oh this is massive!
Lift! Or the 7-0 start becomes a sugar hit from a failed year last year! Get it done!

Just listened to Sando from the other day . Thinks cats are being outworked , conceding too many uncontested possessions , not getting to the next contest quickly enough and conceding too many I50 marks….. defenders caught out of position as we turn it over with hack possessions from a contested situation…..
Scott never lost 4 on the trot …..!
Oh this is massive!
Lift! Or the 7-0 start becomes a sugar hit from a failed year last year! Get it done!
Geelong are absolutely in a hole. Let's see if a little Scott magic can turn the season around.

What's On!​

11:15am – Gate 1 & Gate 13 Box Office Opens

11:35pm – Gate 1 & Gate 13 opens to ticket holders

12:05pm – VFL Match Commences (All VFL attendees must have an AFL ticket to enter the VFL).

2:35pm – All Gates open (for AFL Match)

4:13pm – Cats team entry

4:21pm – Live Welcome to Country Ceremony

4:35pm – AFL Match Commences

Lights Out​

Be a part of Lights Out on Saturday!

Download the Crowd Canvas App via the Apple Store or Google Play Store.

Be in your seats by 4:00pm and await MC & Big Screen instruction to open your App and be part of Lights Out as the team enters on Saturday.

---

Not sure lights out works at 4pm 😂

It's not advertised, but they also have 1 lane of the Bernie Smith Gate, Gate #5 open

Much easier to get to my seat

Will be interesting to see if mannagh plays the curtainraiser if not hes in.

Tuohy sub surely unless theres a late change.
Dempsey is due a sub or manage but id be surprised if we do it this week.

As far as I’m aware sub must be selected from the interchange (although this can change if there’s a late in/out).

So, it clearly won’t be SDK or Cameron, and Scott said it won’t be Clark. Which leaves either Atkins or Bowes.

As far as I’m aware sub must be selected from the interchange (although this can change if there’s a late in/out).

So, it clearly won’t be SDK or Cameron, and Scott said it won’t be Clark. Which leaves either Atkins or Bowes.
That has certainly been what they have done each game this year. Will be Bowes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has certainly been what they have done each game this year. Will be Bowes

Late change id say based on no moc in the vfl (i cant imagine we are resting him for 2nd time in a month). So i assume moc is sub.

Bowes would be an odd sub when we are already down inside mids and guthrie is out.
Moc or tuohy would be more logical.

Late change id say based on no moc in the vfl (i cant imagine we are resting him for 2nd time in a month). So i assume moc is sub.

Bowes would be an odd sub when we are already down inside mids and guthrie is out.
Moc or tuohy would be more logical.
They always do have a “holdback” from VFL if game same day - so may not be a late change. But as you say that could have been Parf or Mannagh if they wanted to combine “managed” with back up just in case?

I have a really positive feeling about this game. I think we're about to see a return of the high-pressure Cats today. Our pressure will be manic I reckon.

I think a few people have been put on notice. I'm expecting a brutal response here with bodies flying around everywhere.
I hope you’re right. I had that feeling before the Port game….. 🤦‍♂️

Not a requirement, just the convention.

I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm going to the game and am really hoping for a win. I can't remember how long it has been since I saw a game at Kardinia Park - over 30 years. It's going to be a lot different - from the new stands to using my phone to get in rather than having my membership ticket clipped. If any of you are in the Joel Selwood stand I'll be the grey haired lady in the blue coat and wearing a Geelong scarf. :D:D:D I hope I don't forget that I'm not at home watching TV and swear out loud if someone misses a goal or the umpire does something I don't agree with.

Must win game for Geelong and also GWS who are in freefall down the ladder

It will interesting how about 4-5 borderline Geel players who are in the team go - wonderful opportunity for them to perform and cement their spot in the seniors

What will also be interesting is the crowd attendance today - alot of excuses are made for the poor crowd numbers - its the wrong time slot - the weather is no good - supporters are pretty fickle today , i went to a game at KP in 1980 against NM ( they didnt score after H/TIME ) - there was a hail storm at Qtr time and everyone got drenched , but they stayed

Will they get 30k plus crowd today ?

Need to win this and right the ship.

We've been horrible at defending once we turn the ball over, giving up 10 goals on average per game the last 3 weeks so need to defend that better and we're probably half way to a win.

Must win today and next week as we've got Swans at the SCG in 3 weeks and will probably be a loss before the bye so can't slip up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back