Autopsy Rd 14 Carlton vs Bulldogs Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

such a boring game of footy, ekkkkkk
funny think is I feel we are on par with the dogs (rebuild wise) with loads of upside in the kids on our list...

reckon we need a good mid sized half forward that can lead up, menz is that man I hope. an love to see our mids kick more goals we lack that big time which hurts

A couple of youngsters were overawed. Some got stats but without really impacting the contest or having a lot of intensity. Some senior players had terrible skills. A lot of butchered opportunities.

A little meh.

Some quality players to come back.

More surprised by how average the Dogs are and they've got 8 wins.
This actually shocked me a bit.

By rights, I expected them to outrun, outmuscle us tonight and probably thrash us.

Instead they were bog ordinary and could have easily lost if we just kicked a couple easy goals.

Strange game. Disposals terrible, some good link play. Kicking at goal unbelievable in a bad way.

Our underbelly was exposed tonight. Tutt and Curnow are not up to it.
Whiley, BB, BJ and Holman got a taste but in all honesty there not ready (and that's ok)

Senior players like Simmo and Yarran doing coach killer stuff doesn't help either. Murph seemed quiet but without looking at stats it didn't seem a game high possessions.

We need to drop Wood because we look slow with both he and Kruz there. Kruz is ready to play 75% ruck and Cas can chop in.

Cripps, Bucks and Nicky G the standouts for us. 2e solid as well

They are our future, we must persist with them, the old codgers are our past now.

Holman may have a future, there were a couple of glimpses there tonight.
Nicely said! The future is a change in the club as we delete players not up to senior footy and give youngsters increasing game time to develop their skills and confidence at the top level.

That was one hell of a hard game to watch.

We showed none of the run and carry that we have since Barker took over. So many times we could have relieved the pressure from the backline if just some of the players put the effort to run past and receive the handball to break the lines, but we were so lazy tonight that we were all flat footed and had to resort to kicking the ball long at every opportunity the same way we did under MM.

Secondly, Boekhourst is not up to it. I don't say that lightly. If that first gamer from the Bulldogs can come on and collect 9 touches and a goal in the third term, then surely Boakhurst should have been able to at least not stuff up every possession he had.

After a couple of good weeks, Murphy goes back to his old self and is no where to be seen when it matters.

Our forward line which has looked so good the last couple of weeks was an absolute mess.
We let the bullies players stream back unaccounted and they just kept picking off our kicks and sweeping up the loose ball with no pressure from our forward players at all.

Yet we lost by 11 points....go figure.

Kreuzer's first half was terrific, drifted out of the match after half-time though, possibly a fitness issue ??

I reckon he's still just getting to full match fitness.

Bloody hell I love seeing him out there though. He is so, so important.

Our disposal efficiency & goal kicking cost us that match.
But geez it's frustrating how many times we laid perfect tackles, only for the WB player in possession to just drop the ball to the ground & not get penalised.
A really ugly game of footy, but another game under the belt for a lot of our young blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange game. Disposals terrible, some good link play. Kicking at goal unbelievable in a bad way.

Our underbelly was exposed tonight. Tutt and Curnow are not up to it.
Whiley, BB, BJ and Holman got a taste but in all honesty there not ready (and that's ok)

Senior players like Simmo and Yarran doing coach killer stuff doesn't help either. Murph seemed quiet but without looking at stats it didn't seem a game high possessions.

We need to drop Wood because we look slow with both he and Kruz there. Kruz is ready to play 75% ruck and Cas can chop in.

Cripps, Bucks and Nicky G the standouts for us. 2e solid as well
Our skill level, decision making and disposal efficiency has been variable for a long time now. Bring on the 2016 season!

A couple of youngsters were overawed. Some got stats but without really impacting the contest or having a lot of intensity. Some senior players had terrible skills. A lot of butchered opportunities.

A little meh.

Some quality players to come back.
Pretty well summed up

Boekhurst was pretty bad. I think the step up from VFL to AFL may have overwhelmed him. But these guys must be given more time, they are our future.

Henderson was ordinary, seems to get going when he wants to.

Simmo was really good. 2E was fantastic, has had his best year yet! Everett was really good, hope he is okay.

Bit disappointed and frustrated, but also proud of the way the young Blue Boys didn't give in, we looked like getting hammered in the fourth, but they toughed it out, the effort was there, that's all I can ask for.

Also the tragic events on Friday have shown footy is only a game, just did a shoulder standing tribute with a Dogs and Carlton fan as the players did after the game, quite a moving and surreal moment.

Lets try and keep cool and respectful of the players and fellow posters, especially on such a sad weekend for footy.

#WeFlyAsOne #WithAllTheChampions

Really weird game, should have been 4 or 5 in front at half time, poor disposal, Cripps playing sore, Levi had a shocker, no one really stood up. Not going to have a go at Boeky, or Blaine, they'll be good for the run. Missed Rowe, Docherty and Carrots, certainly made a difference.

Weird game to watch, lucky I had an interest in one of the teams or I may not have stayed to the end.

Not the most skilful game we have played. Managed to stay in touch with a team that has surprised a few this season.

Plenty of kids in the side and a few to come back, room to improve. All is not lost.

I think we were just so flat tonight from the first bounce. It's been a big month of footy for such a young team. I think we were really missing those older heads Carrazzo and Gibbs, Everitt going down, and even Doc (old head on young shoulders). Young team, we will only get better!!

Did it really flatter us? I thought they had the momentum 60% to our 40% and the scores reflected that.

Could not agree more. Apart from the 10 minute patch we matched them for the entire game.

Secondly, Boekhourst is not up to it. I don't say that lightly. If that first gamer from the Bulldogs can come on and collect 9 touches and a goal in the third term, then surely Boakhurst should have been able to at least not stuff up every possession he had.

I hate exaggeration like this.

11 disposals at 63.6%. Did a few nice things. In other words he did not stuff up every possession he had. You see what you want to see in order to release your frustration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back